onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Heading for non league?

Advert

I hope the owners accept the inevitable and accept the bid to buy the club from the Supporters Trust.

However, I suspect that they won't and the club will continue to be in freefall until either they leave or the club folds.

Could be another (albeit bigger) Chester City whereby crooked owners clung in desperately to power against all logic and reason and eventually ended up finishing the club off. I have to say I fancy them for relegation again next season.

Let's hope so, Fleetwood too.

Could be another (albeit bigger) Chester City whereby crooked owners clung in desperately to power against all logic and reason and eventually ended up finishing the club off. I have to say I fancy them for relegation again next season.

Its scary how close we came to exactly this with Bratt and co.

The police have to treat the owners respectfully and objectively irrespective of the service they provide to the customers (fans) or the extent to which the club is headed to failure. The threat is interruption of every game. Going on to a pitch is an offence and if games are abandoned it is a form of vandalism of the owner's assets causing them cost or harming income. The club has duties to the league to control crowds. The police have a duty to maintain law and order that should see them arrest during or after games pitch invaders. But there is also the police agreement with the club about police levels at games. For police to clear a pitch invasion they would need many more officers on duty - club has to pay - otherwise the matter will be dealt with retrospectively. The present owners need to see the costs significantly outweighing the benefits to sell and then have a new owner come forward who is willing to buy at their likely exhorbant price.

Its scary how close we came to exactly this with Bratt and co.

It is not a free lunch for the fans though. They will be on camera and likely to be arrested, charged and prosecuted of a criminal offence later. In some professions, mine included, that would seriously harm employment, ability to obtain clients and professional standing. In other words livelihood. But I guess there will be groups of fans to whom this is not a barrier and we can debate whether they have hero status. Alternative action is less interesting but surely effective - boycott tickets, boycott other commercial business with the club, harm the club's reputation by protesting legally - all apply pressure to sell.

It is not a free lunch for the fans though. They will be on camera and likely to be arrested, charged and prosecuted of a criminal offence later. In some professions, mine included, that would seriously harm employment, ability to obtain clients and professional standing. In other words livelihood. But I guess there will be groups of fans to whom this is not a barrier and we can debate whether they have hero status. Alternative action is less interesting but surely effective - boycott tickets, boycott other commercial business with the club, harm the club's reputation by protesting legally - all apply pressure to sell.

Nonsense. The owners don't care they are bleeding the club dry from their parachute payments, they don't care if anyone ever turns up again. The only way they can get their point across is causing disruption to fixtures and getting the fa involved.

Good work Blackpool fans, scary how close we nearly came to this , imagine if Bratt had got a parachute payment in the bank, he would have had a field day.

Im not sure why you are quoting me into this comment. I was talking about the way V2001 took us to the brink. The vale fans resorting to legal means of getting their voice heard like you mentioned, be it boycotting games, protest marches, protests outside the ground, red cards or black and gold scarfs. Yet a number still thought to criticise such methods.

Nonsense. The owners don't care they are bleeding the club dry from their parachute payments, they don't care if anyone ever turns up again. The only way they can get their point across is causing disruption to fixtures and getting the fa involved.

Good work Blackpool fans, scary how close we nearly came to this , imagine if Bratt had got a parachute payment in the bank, he would have had a field day.

I'm sure that would welcome your support in direct action.

Doubt they are heading for non league. They still have a budget at least double ours for the forthcoming season.

Blackpool are a bunch of moaners, the reason they are in free fall is because the Latvian bloke with all the money left.

They are basically complaining that they have a chairman who spends no money and gives fans stick on social media, which sounds ominously familiar really.

Archived