onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leicester sack Pearson

No one can possibly say if this is a good decision or not:

We don't know the full background; could be that this has been done in the best interests of Leicester City

The replacement may do a better job

They have undoubtedly lost a manger who did a very good job but that's not necessarily a reason to keep him

Time will tell if this is a good decision for Leicester City or not..for their fans I hope that it is

Advert

Hughes and Evans weren't representing their club on a tour at the time of their despicable incidents as the Leicester players then and now are..

I get that but the fact that it was his son should have no impact..either in how the club reacted or how Pearson reacted to his son's dismissal. I don't think one can blame Pearson for their behaviour

The sacking is linked to his son's actions according to this article.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33339566

I think the press are jumping on that angle. That article says that the Thailand incident was the "final straw" so it doesn't look like it was that in isolation, it was all the incidents with that one being the one that tipped them over the edge.

It's very odd - as you can't blame Pearson for the actions of his adult son - so perhaps it was Pearson Snr's reaction to it? Perhaps he didn't treat it as seriously as the club liked, perhaps he argued against sacking them?

If it was simply sacking him for what his son did, that's very odd and not fair.

I really don't think you can hold Pearson responsible for the actions of his adult, grown-up son - certainly when the son isn't even under the control of the club (i.e. he wasn't playing or training - he was in a hotel room). The son is old enough to make his own decisions and mistakes - nowt to do with his father if he's not there to intervene.

My kids are grown up now and so far doing well in life and work. I have watched parents who did nothing different than we have done have very problematical children / grown up children. The most extreme example of this presently is radicalization. So, you are completely right. But nonetheless the situation regarding the dismissal of his son must impact the working relationship. I am also afraid, humans being a flawed species lost in thoughts and perceptions most of the time, that Pearson causes a rewind to the incident every time he is seen. That could affect signings of players to the club and it could affect business off the pitch. A hypothesis is that he may have been gone in reality for several weeks and the decision is only just being announced? That puts a respectable distance between events for all parties. Leicester should have a replacement lined up?

Hughes and Evans weren't representing their club on a tour at the time of their despicable incidents as the Leicester players then and now are.

You said earlier the players were 'encouraged' potentially to do this, by whom?

I spoke to a mate of mine this morning who is a big Leicester fan and apparently Pearson was very annoyed and couldn't understand why they sacked his son - that in itself is bizarre.

Good manager but definitely something not right with him mentally.

We obviously disagree on this, little point in arguing as no one will change their standpoint.

However, to call Pearson senior 'not right mentally' based on a couple of emotive outbursts is way over the top given the general demeanour of managers in football and the way they act and get emotive.

I have nothing against Leicester's fans but their owners will richly deserve the relegation they get - it is obvious the players there will not perform in the way they did for Pearson when some tactical halfwit like big Sam takes over.

Good manager but definitely something not right with him mentally.

He seems to have some personality 'issues' but then who doesn't? To be a top football manager you've got to be a certain sort of person so his behavior for me isn't that out of the ordinary..he's a strong minded outspoken individual..few managers aren't.

If he's been sacked for something his adult son has done I would think he has a good case for unfair dismissal.

The word 'sacked' rarely means the same with football managers as it does in a normal job. I would guess with some confidence they paid him off, whether it was his full contract might be in doubt, but probably most of it. Doesn't make it any better as a shocking decision they will regret.

We obviously disagree on this, little point in arguing as no one will change their standpoint.

However, to call Pearson senior 'not right mentally' based on a couple of emotive outbursts is way over the top given the general demeanour of managers in football and the way they act and get emotive.

I have nothing against Leicester's fans but their owners will richly deserve the relegation they get - it is obvious the players there will not perform in the way they did for Pearson when some tactical halfwit like big Sam takes over.

It's hardly a few things though is it, he told a fan to **** off and die, he grabbed an opponent round the neck, wouldn't let go, refused to apologise and then say he could handle himself, he apologised for the ostrich thing, then his disagrees with racist players sackings and there have been other things like fighting off a wild animal in a deserted mountain range. For me he's a bit crackers. Doesn't make him a bad manager though, makes Micky look like a choirboy.

Agreed on Big Sam.

It's hardly a few things though is it, he told a fan to **** off and die, he grabbed an opponent round the neck, wouldn't let go, refused to apologise and then say he could handle himself, he apologised for the ostrich thing, then his disagrees with racist players sackings and there have been other things like fighting off a wild animal in a deserted mountain range. For me he's a bit crackers. Doesn't make him a bad manager though, makes Micky look like a choirboy.

Agreed on Big Sam.

All pretty trivial - a big baby reporter whose feelings were supposed to be hurt, a throwaway remark made to a fan that means nothing and not a million miles away from something posted recently on OVF by someone we know and love who justifiably told someone to go and play on the motorway.

A fracas on a touchline that happens 100 times a season, and the wild animals thing - hardly his fault if he is backpacking and attacked and defends himself if you read the link below-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/10610721/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-happy-to-keep-away-from-the-pack-at-top-of-the-Championship.html

An anecdote, probably a little hyped up for telling at dinner parties, now if you want real problems try di Canio and allegedly Redknapp and dozens of other colourful characters like Steve Evans and Barry Fry.

I'd sooner have Pearson as my neighbour than any of them.

Agreed on Big Sam.

"Pearson was walking alone when confronted by the pack"

Bet he made it all up too look hard!!

"My parents gave me good values and I want my kids to have a good appreciation of what’s right and wrong"

Not doing very well is he!!!

"Pearson was walking alone when confronted by the pack"

Bet he made it all up too look hard!!

"My parents gave me good values and I want my kids to have a good appreciation of what’s right and wrong"

Not doing very well is he!!!

Not one of your better attempts to add fuel to a burned-out thread, must do better.

We all know, and indeed you have said yourself, that parents are not responsible or necessarily the cause of their children's behaviour when they grow up.

It's quite possible people I have replied to on here have parents who are or were incredibly nice, honest, uncomplicated and agreeable people who hate arguments and bickering, and have or had a life outside the internet.

If it's burned out why are you posting on it? Or are you later going to deny that you ever said that it was burned out and then posted after saying that it was? After all you have form in denying what you have previously posted.

You post at 02:20 in the morning on one day and 01:38 the next day but comment on others not having a life outside the internet :doh:

It was Pearson himself who set himself up as wanting to give his kids a "good appreciation of what's right and wrong" so by his own admission he's clearly not achieved what he hoped to achieve given his son's disgusting behavior...in fact failed miserably.

Ta ra

Archived