onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Retained list?.

wwindsor

Advert

If Page hasn't signed his contract yet we should rip it up after this, I seriously have to question his judgement/sanity with these decisions it has Glovers input all over it, I was never expecting a mass clearout(even though I think one was needed) but to offer contracts to everyone bar Robertson beggars belief and to me shows me he is not a manager and is still a coach and the players mate! Yates,Williamson,Birchall are all league 2 standard at best,Lloyd has not played all season and probably won't again next season, do we need 3 keepers?, Let's have quality not big squads with no quality.

I have to really question what is coming out of the club lately,

Norman says he will review Page in September but then gives him a 2 year deal, why not give just 12 months?

We are told by Norman there will be changes and by Page he wants to shake things up so why do offer all bar one new contracts?

We should only be offering contracts if players are good enough to get in the first 11, we are not a charity or retirement home, we have far too much dead wood (so called squad players)who wouldn't get a look in anywhere else in lg1!

I hope Norman has deep pockets as I fear the decisions made in the last week are going to be very costly financially and will be amazed if the club is not heading towards lg2 this time next year. I predict Page will get the chop and we'll end up another manager wondering why we have such a poor squad/defence/attack/crowd.

I will still renew my season ticket for a 18th year but have to question my own sanity as the thought of watching the same old dross "go again" is baffling/insane and turning me to drink!!!! So after today's news can fully understand those having second thoughts.

Caroline, my fear is that the budget has been cut so dramatically that Page believes he can't get better than what he already has with what's on offer.

But even if it has been cut big time surely the answer is to cut the squad size and improve the quality overall. Surely a squad of 20 good players is better than 30 very average ones. Come what may you can only play eleven at any one time.

I'm just hoping that Norman is reading these posts busting a gut wanting to enlighten us on the secret master plan we are all unable to see.

But then again I stopped up till 3.15 am the other night praying that what I was watching was not really happening.

But that's the thing Dave, if the budget has been cut so much, how the hell do the likes of Fleetwood manage to spend more than us. OK they might have Multi Millionaires running their clubs, but what is our Commercial Team doing to help bring Money in. Its fxxxing embarrising when the likes of them, Shrewsbury and Bury can spend more than Vale. I thought when we fought to get rid of the previous owners the "Cash Strapped Port Vale" tag had gone.

I can understand Smurf trying the mind games to get more fans in and yes we do need bigger gates, but this isn't the way to get fans to turn up.

When you've got Smurf allies in the likes Carpetman feeling duped, let down and questioning whether to have a Season Ticket or not, then you've got big problems and need to act to repair the ****** you've dropped.

But that's the thing Dave, if the budget has been cut so much, how the hell do the likes of Fleetwood manage to spend more than us. OK they might have Multi Millionaires running their clubs, but what is our Commercial Team doing to help bring Money in. Its fxxxing embarrising when the likes of them, Shrewsbury and Bury can spend more than Vale. I thought when we fought to get rid of the previous owners the "Cash Strapped Port Vale" tag had gone.

I can understand Smurf trying the mind games to get more fans in and yes we do need bigger gates, but this isn't the way to get fans to turn up.

When you've got Smurf allies in the likes Carpetman feeling duped, let down and questioning whether to have a Season Ticket or not, then you've got big problems and need to act to repair the ****** you've dropped.

Can't argue with any of that mate.

It is puzzling. I haven't heard Page's interview and I haven't counted how many players we might have in the squad next season if everyone signs.

We have those 5 young lads too remember although they'll be on very little.

I'm hoping that a handful don't sign, recognise that they might be squad players mainly and leave.

I also think - and hope - that some of those under contract go too and they could do. Pray that BR get up and I'm sure Lines will be off.

I think him and Robbo were on decent wages so that would help.

We'll have to wait and see what comes out in the wash but it doesn't fill the fan base with great enthusiasm sadly and until we sign a few good players it won't help ticket sales one jot.

Thats irrelevant - people should should only attend if they consider :-

1 He has played his heart out for the Vale

2 His wages were not that good

I stopped going to these over hyped matches when the players got far more than a decent wage.

Testimonials were introduced during the time of the Minimum wage for footballers and because their careers were short. Totally outdated now

Cheers. I begged the question because I genuinely did not know :)

Smurf is not daft, why do you all think he said that he'd make changes come the end of September if he needed too, he's seen the retained list at that point and knows full well (as a fan like us) that a number of those players would not be in his squad (as a fan) and going by what we have all seen from some of them last season. But, personally I can see why Smurf said what he did, Page has got one hell of a lot of pressure on him now and mainly all of his own doing with some of those that are not good enough for a championship push.

I'm willing to give him a shot, just like Smurf said. If he does not perform he will be gone, it's that simple!

If you opinion which may be correct is the case then shame on the owner for possibly gambling on us being at the bottom of the league come the end of September. Then he will wheel in another 'chancer ' who will have no budget to bring in better players just more cast off loanees.

You are playing a very dangerous game Smurthwaite and I for one don't like it!

Page had his chance to show to prove worth as a Manager.......But he has re-newed the contracts of his blue eyed boys, and its proven that they cannot hack it at this level........So Rob you already proved to me that you are ******** and a good manager should have NO sentiment at any level. Hopefully you have offered garbage contracts and most of this very poor squad will seek employment somewhere else.

Norman what were you saying about September??

Good to see that you have seen the light Jimbo.

Good to see that you have seen the light Jimbo.

I agree with the retained list. Page has offered them all a lot less money. We will then have more money to sign new players. They are solid experienced squad players so if he can get them in cheaply then happy days. I am happy with Williamson and campion as sub strikers if we can get a new one with pope. We have been competitive in every match this season (mostly). We will get innis back now.

Don't forget smurf was willing to put more money in before the Swindon game when we were close to the playoffs. What happened? Fans couldn't be arsed to turn up.

Archived