onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Timings//farewells

Mark Grews testimonial makes it all a little awkward for Mr Smurf. To retain any credibility and to sell season tickets in any number he needs to react to the mood and the desire of the supporters.

And this is pretty much unanimous we want Page and his entire back room staff gone, we want to build a new heritage without the clinger son from the past.

Grew and Glover stop milking the past you have brought us nothing. Page needs to go and every fan excepts no less than a new manager and a completely new era.

We need to sell every season ticket possible. Sales from the new absolutely dire shirt will be poor if we had just been promoted to the championship we would not sell that thing. The G M B is way too big and intrusive and the v is only just about a v because it has no room to become a v. Why on earth would you not modernise the great v shirt of the eighties. The fact that the sponsor at that time PMT had three letters a la GMB would you would have thought made it commercially perfect.

Not if you are Norman he is never quite " smelling whats selling" in the words of Sir Alan.

Norman act quickly as soon as the testimonial is over get them all gone. And take a look at the great Stevie Fox, the Great Bob Newton etc etc make a replica of the top they wore and sell it like hot cakes.

It's actually hard to know where to start with this bolux.

When you say "we" want Page gone, you don't speak for me and I'm not sure who you do speak for.

"Every fan excepts a new era".....do you mean expects or accepts?

Who said it is a V on the shirt..it is more like a chevron.

So, Norman has lost interest but he should take your advice and make a new one.

And we will sell the "better" ones you propose like hot cakes because......you just know it?

Sorry pal but this is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in a while on here.

Advert

It's actually hard to know where to start with this bolux.

When you say "we" want Page gone, you don't speak for me and I'm not sure who you do speak for.

"Every fan excepts a new era".....do you mean expects or accepts?

Who said it is a V on the shirt..it is more like a chevron.

So, Norman has lost interest but he should take your advice and make a new one.

And we will sell the "better" ones you propose like hot cakes because......you just know it?

Sorry pal but this is the biggest load of rubbish I have read in a while on here.

Yes, but what is really sad is that the deluded writer really believes he speaks for the majority and that it is ok to say that. It isn't.

Mark Grews testimonial makes it all a little awkward for Mr Smurf. To retain any credibility and to sell season tickets in any number he needs to react to the mood and the desire of the supporters.

Thats exactly what he doesnt need to do

And this is pretty much unanimous we want Page and his entire back room staff gone, we want to build a new heritage without the clinger son from the past.

Some want page gone others dont so what exactly is the desire of the supporters

Grew and Glover stop milking the past you have brought us nothing. Page needs to go and every fan excepts no less than a new manager and a completely new era.

Not exactly true... see above

We need to sell every season ticket possible.

Thats true every season... isnt it?

Sales from the new absolutely dire shirt will be poor if we had just been promoted to the championship we would not sell that thing. The G M B is way too big and intrusive and the v is only just about a v because it has no room to become a v. Why on earth would you not modernise the great v shirt of the eighties. The fact that the sponsor at that time PMT had three letters a la GMB would you would have thought made it commercially perfect.

I personally dont like the shirt but then again I never buy a shirt, some seem to like it and will buy it which is probably true every year

Not if you are Norman he is never quite " smelling whats selling" in the words of Sir Alan.

Norman act quickly as soon as the testimonial is over get them all gone. And take a look at the great Stevie Fox, the Great Bob Newton etc etc make a replica of the top they wore and sell it like hot cakes.

Its difficult to create a new era by going backwards, you cant reproduce what was just try to emulate.

Mr skint... I have to disagree with all your post, its your opinion and your entitled to it.

I dont know if I want page gone, grew and glover, I think, should go because the trio just doesnt work and has failed on more than one occassion when the two of them were involved.

Every club wants to sell as many season tickets as it possibly can, Vale are no different but I doubt changing the shirt will have that effect.

I dont expect smurf to just throw money into the pot, he would be a fool to follow that course and vale would once again be in jeopardy.

My criticisms of smurf are based around how he does things sometimes, threatening defamation, PR, twitter etc, easily remedied in my opinion... I doubt having a fire sale and sifting through the ashes for next season would help.

The one thing that will increase numbers more than anything is what people see between 3pm and 5pm on game day [unless its a night match or early kick off of course] and sadly that cant be cured by simply saying pack the park or get behind the lads.

We need to sell every season ticket possible. Sales from the new absolutely dire shirt will be poor if we had just been promoted to the championship we would not sell that thing. The G M B is way too big and intrusive and the v is only just about a v because it has no room to become a v. Why on earth would you not modernise the great v shirt of the eighties. The fact that the sponsor at that time PMT had three letters a la GMB would you would have thought made it commercially perfect.

Speak for yourself Skinty.

I am in no way a supporter of that ****. I am thankful to smurf but he was duped into buying the vale by wildes.

Smurf now would desperately sell whilst his interest is very very low.

This was a hobby for Smurf but it now feels like he brought a train set off of his mate to find out he paid three times too much for it and the locomotives are all broken. He wants out if truth be known. He will now attemp to get by spending as little and loosing as little as he can.

I can not blame him if I had no affinity with Stoke on Trent let alone burslem I would do the very same.

f

Ayup it's the marketing expert!!

What do Skinty and his idol Sir Alan have in common? Answers on the underside of an ants anus please :)

Why not just attack the post?

I did, I referred to the marketing expertise being offered like practically everyone else (why not write that response to everyone else that referenced him?), you have to take into account the posters history of expertise when validating his advice to the club?

He also referenced Sir Alan again, I was pointing out that reference had about as much relevance as me referencing Dirk Diggler!

I speak as the majority. We are the customer of Port Vale Fc we are not prepared to give a big part of our weekly outcome to witness dire entertainment. We are not expected to have stumped up a big percentage of our family's income to be rewarded with one promotion in twenty years.

Low gates, poof areas , blah blah no longer acceptable look at bourmouth.

Football is about entertainment in the corporate environment much the same as you turning up at festival park odeon and the film is garbage every week.

My grandad taught me to draw a line in pencil from your house to your nearest football team and buy a hat and a scarf and support them until the day you die.

I lived five minutes away from the Victoria ground but loved Nottingham forrest.

Thank the Lord for Uncle barry who introduced me to pvfcb

So I speak with the voice I hear at the games I attend

I am not one of the majority then because you certainly don't speak for me. I disagree with everything you have said. even the new shirt as i like it - one of the best for years. Even as a self confessed miserable bugger, i will be buying one!

Can you please show any evidence that you have showing that Smurf wants out?

Think Smurf & family enjoying the the challenge,But the very negative fans on this sight could change that. If he wanted to walk,he would,and let club survive on its income, so 2nd div may be the answer,So we all need to get behind Smurf and buy into is endeavor. Rome was not built in a day. He needs to build a team he can trust and in time we that team will succeed and give us what we want, Keep The Faith

Although there are undoubtedly reservations regarding Rob Page and his backroom team, I would take exception at your assertion that this feeling is "almost unanimous." Careful what you wish for--ask Tranmere!

Although there are undoubtedly reservations regarding Rob Page and his backroom team, I would take exception at your assertion that this feeling is "almost unanimous." Careful what you wish for--ask Tranmere!

we'll be playing them in a couple of seasons.

Archived