onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Yukon

Advert

Mayweather just had to much skill for Pacquiao.

In one. To be fair, despite all the nonsense, Mayweather is a wonderful boxer. I've always liked Manny but he got made to look very average

The fight went pretty much expected although I was expecting a bit of an onslaught from pacquiao at the start. Not the best of fights.

Yep, the only way for Pacquiao to have won was to throw telling punches in numbers from the off and not let Mayweather get into any rhythm, sadly he didn't do it. There's reasons for that as Mayweather is a superb defensive fighter and an amazing counter puncher, Pacquiao couldn't get close and he knew if he took chances he was going to get countered, as you say he was made to look average.

Unless it's a KO punch it's hard to tell on tv at normal speed how hard these guys punch but when you see the slo-mo it's scary to see the head rocked back and the thuds to the body, it was a bout for the purists, the "Sweet science" very much evident.

Very underwhelming fight. As been said, it should have happened at least 3 years ago. It went exactly how I expected it to and although I've never been much of a betting man it at least won me £300 along with some bragging rights between me and some other chap, so not a bad evening really.

Very underwhelming fight. As been said, it should have happened at least 3 years ago. It went exactly how I expected it to .

100% agree. The shoulder excuses are embarrassing though, he wasn't even close

Manny is nowhere near the same fighter he was. He got badly KO'd against Marquez and no matter what anyone say's defeats like that take something out of you. Mayweather is also probably just past his best too. I think the sensible Amir Khan under Virgil Hunter would give Mayweather more to worry about than Pacquiao did last night.

I'd like to see Khan vs Pacquiao next, that would be a cracking fight and one that Khan has a respectable chance of winning.

Manny is nowhere near the same fighter he was. He got badly KO'd against Marquez and no matter what anyone say's defeats like that take something out of you. Mayweather is also probably just past his best too. I think the sensible Amir Khan under Virgil Hunter would give Mayweather more to worry about than Pacquiao did last night.

I'd like to see Khan vs Pacquiao next, that would be a cracking fight and one that Khan has a respectable chance of winning.

An even more dangerous fight for Mayweather is Keith Thurman, a big undefeated (in 26 fights), welterweight. Amir Khan would also be a good test and I see he's taken a less dangerous fight against Chris Algieri than fight Ruslan Provodnikov, I for one don't blame him. However, I don't anticipate Mayweather will fight Thurman or Khan (or Kell Brook) but instead go for someone like Shawn Porter to get to 49-0-0.

If anyone doubts how good a boxer Mayweather is watch the Canelo Alvarez vs James Kirkland fight that took place in Texas tonight on Youtube. Alvarez KO'd Kirkland (33-31-2-0 with 28 KO's) in the 3rd round whereas in their fight last year Canelo Alvarez couldn't lay a glove on Mayweather and despite Alvarez being the bigger guy and previously undefeated, he was given a boxing lesson by Mayweather.

The boxing board didn't come out of this one well though have they Yukon? Manny's trainer requested a permitted injection to mask the problem but it was turned down because they hadn't made the request sooner.

This was inspite of the fact that Mayweather was allowed the same drug injection for his hand problems.

One set of rules for Mr Mayweather it would appear once again.

Just imagine if Paccy had pulled out of the fight for his injury. It simply doesn't bear thinking about. If I had been Manny I would have just had the injection and if there was disciplinary action taken against him after he could have revealed the true facts that the authorities are biased in favour of the home fighter.

The result would have probably been the same but Manny couldn't have had any gripes.

Archived