onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mayweather v Pacquiao

Yukon

You ******?

I'd go in the ring for a tenth of what they're earning.

Signifies everything that's wrong with boxing, a 36 v a 38 year old and they bill this as the biggest boxing match this century. Should have happened 5-10 years ago but I guess the payout would not have been as big. Couldn't give a **** who wins.

While I don't agree with all of your post Phil because I do give a **** and very much hope that Manny will win the fight I do agree that it should have taken place a few years ago when both were on top of their game.

I want Pacquiao to win because he is a nice guy and comes across as being humble just the opposite to Mayweather. I went to Manchester before the Hatton fight and he was waving a great wad of dollar notes through an upstairs window trying and succeeding in goading the crowd. Lets be candid he wants and gets everything in his favour including venues and officials and picks his opponents carefully.

This is the reason why this fight hasn't taken place earlier because I think that a Manny Pacquiao in his pomp would have put pressure constantly on Mayweather and this what Mayweather hates and I think that Manny would have beat him at the time. Unfortunately he is now well past his best so Mayweather will probably come out as the victor though I hope the Pacman proves me wrong.

Sadly I feel this fight is more about both fighters pension plan.

Advert

While I don't agree with all of your post Phil because I do give a **** and very much hope that Manny will win the fight I do agree that it should have taken place a few years ago when both were on top of their game.

I want Pacquiao to win because he is a nice guy and comes across as being humble just the opposite to Mayweather. I went to Manchester before the Hatton fight and he was waving a great wad of dollar notes through an upstairs window trying and succeeding in goading the crowd. Lets be candid he wants and gets everything in his favour including venues and officials and picks his opponents carefully.

This is the reason why this fight hasn't taken place earlier because I think that a Manny Pacquiao in his pomp would have put pressure constantly on Mayweather and this what Mayweather hates and I think that Manny would have beat him at the time. Unfortunately he is now well past his best so Mayweather will probably come out as the victor though I hope the Pacman proves me wrong.

Sadly I feel this fight is more about both fighters pension plan.

I had a very similar conversation with my old man about it. I'll take the humble family man over the prat who posts picture of stacks of cash etc on social media. I also said it's five years overdue

I'm not getting into a class/ political argument with you Carl, but that attitude is appalling. Both of the fighters grew up in poverty and worked their backsides off to get where they are today. The fact that they are so successful and a marketed also provides for hundreds, if not thousands of staff and other connected workers

And your point is? I made no comment to the fighters background I merely stated that both fighters will be winners. If anything, we could see a dross affair and it will be the punters who are the losers. Again you attack me personally

And your point is? I made no comment to the fighters background I merely stated that both fighters will be winners. If anything, we could see a dross affair and it will be the punters who are the losers. Again you attack me personally

I attacked your point but always the victim aren't we Carl? How do you get out of bed in the morning with that chip on your shoulder and the evils of society which are just waiting to trip you up?

I'm not getting into a class/ political argument with you Carl, but that attitude is appalling. Both of the fighters grew up in poverty and worked their backsides off to get where they are today. The fact that they are so successful and a marketed also provides for hundreds, if not thousands of staff and other connected workers

Completely agree, listened to a BBC podcast that gave a little background to Manny. He used to earn 50c a day selling donuts and lied about his age to get fights to start his career to get out of the poverty in which he and his family were living.

I love it so much when people make good through their own endeavour rather than moan and aim spite towards others that have more than them. More power to self made people I say!

Archived