onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shareholder Results

NLVMalc

Spunkers, are you being deliberately provocative? A 40% response rate is massive. I doubt the board will get a better response to their poll.

General election turnout is only 50 to 60% and that's enough to change the whole country! I think 40% is enough to give an indication to Billy Liar about what people think.

Advert

It will be interesting to see how many actual shares are represented, as opposed to shareholders.

This is the massive elephant in the room.

To remove the board you'd need 51% of votes cast.

Saying 77% of shareholders means nothing, it's not a one shareholder one vote system.

It's great work by NLV and it shows what we all know, most people want them out.

Big question, do the 80% of shareholders who responded they would use their vote to call an egm have the required shares to do so? If so then it really gets interesting. Hopefully the "further statement" to come indicates that's the next step.

To remove the board you'd need 51% of votes cast.

Saying 77% of shareholders means nothing, it's not a one shareholder one vote system.

It's great work by NLV and it shows what we all know, most people want them out.

Big question, do the 80% of shareholders who responded they would use their vote to call an egm have the required shares to do so? If so then it really gets interesting. Hopefully the "further statement" to come indicates that's the next step.

I agree.If the ultimate vote was carried out on a one person one vote system I would be reasonable confident that the decision would be in favour of change.I have a nasty feeling though that a block system vote would be adopted in which case Bratt and his cohorts would win the day.

How many shareholders actually turn up and use their vote at the AGM? Would it be similar in numbers to the turnout who replied to the poll?

Good stuff Malcolm and the rest of the latte drinking sandal wearing muesli eating NLV.

good piont 200 is the norm,so thats only about 20% for a agm

well done NLV thanks for taking the time as it fells like its the first time my vote has ever been counted===

They of course will dismiss this as they don't like what it says. They of course will dismis their OWN survey as they won't like what THAT says. Their ONLY tactic is to delay and delay in the hope that Mo will go away. Delay and delay in the hope of a BIG Old Trafford pay day. I now actually hope we don't even get the chance of a play off final there, SMALL price to pay if it takes THAT to finally cut off the snakes head!........:yes:

This poll merely represents the opinion and feelings of the general shareholders and is intended to provided feedback to the board. But in answer to your question yes.

40% response is big for a postal survey no matter which way the result goes...

The only fly in the ointment is the questions asked... as with any survey... it will be interesting to see the questions asked by the board...

As a bad example..............

Q... Should Mr XYZ be executed?

Most people who dont know Mr XYZ would not answer or care

Q... Should Mr XYZ be given a fair trial before he is executed?

Most would agree, at least to the fair trial.

Q... Should Mr XYZ, child abuser, rapist and murderer, be executed?

Most would agree

In a multi choice question which would you agree with??

Each question leads to the same result [execution] the last leads to why you should agree.... The questions posed from the anti execution angle would of course be entirely different

You will never sample 100% you simply take a small sample size and relate that to the entire population. 40% of any population/group is a damn good indicator as to how the rest of the group/population feel.

The only issue is what percentage of shares that 40% own and if it is enough for an EGM and enough to bring change to Vale Park.

On a similar note though, surely this shows Bill Bratt then fans want him gone, so he should be resiging at some point today, like a man of his wor..........oh wait.

60% of shareholders have not participated in this survey.

Lets not jump to conclusions.

Hi Spunks Owd Sage here. I understand where you are coming from but if 80%+ of the 40% of those who responded want an EGM, simple mathematics say that there is enough voters to call an EGM if the required figure is 10%. I also know of quite a few who never received there ballot paper, possibly due to late share purchases and address changes.

I just hope that this can force a meeting because you are damned right they (the Board) will be kicking and screaming all the way. Remember they own Port Vale. I know many dont agree but they 'hamstrung' the other shareholders so cunningly that they may as well own it.

=========. I say force them out in anyway deemed necessary.===

Will the board release the percentage or actual response rate from their poll, if and when it happens, you cannot force people to vote? And do we have access to the AGM turnouts over the last few years, I would be surprised if it was any higher than 50-60%.

Over the last few months NLV has run three polls.

• The NLV committee (8 members) voted with roughly the same results.

• The NLV membership (100 members) voted with roughly the same results.

• The PV shareholders voted and the results mirror our own internal polls.

I know well that the board will discredit the results, they ave done that to every individual, group or new investor that challenges the way they operate and conduct themselves - it's what we have come to expect. It would be refreshing to hear that they accept the results without a string of excuses.

The board can either take note of what the majority want and step aside, they can call an EGM themselves immediately or we move on to the next step.

Archived