onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Shareholder Results

NLVMalc

Youre getting way too carried away Bede.

NLV have put a tremendous amount of effort in and they must be thanked but lets not forget we have 60% of shareholders not responding in this survey.

That number is way too much and for that reason the board CAN discredit it and will.

They can't discredit it because it has yielded similiar results to what the clubs own postal survey will. Fans and shareholders are apathetic and it could be argued these 60% won't vote at an egm also. A 40% return is actually very good for this type of survey. It shows that the people who could be bothered to reply, and this includes some pro board shareholders, are in the main fedup. Surely if shareholders hold strong pro board feelings they would have responded not just anti board people? I think the percentages applied to the 40% would apply to the shareholder base as a whole.

The survey also shows that enough people have replied and voted to force an egm so it doesn't matter if the board agree with the findings or not, an egm will now no doubt be called. That is where it will get interesting and could make or break the present campaigns.

Advert

Hey, im Black and Gold all the way but if we think this survey is "Damning" and will have the board waving their white flags we have another think coming.

It will be dismissed out of hand by what i am saying in that only a third voted and then they will want to take the results from their survey.

Results which will take at least 2 months to come in, if ever!

The board can take as long as they like, they don't have to call an egm as the shareholders can whenever they feel like it and I assume this will be the next step. We could in effect call one today and have it in 3 weeks, that is reality.

Hey, im Black and Gold all the way but if we think this survey is "Damning" and will have the board waving their white flags we have another think coming.

It will be dismissed out of hand by what i am saying in that only a third voted and then they will want to take the results from their survey.

Results which will take at least 2 months to come in, if ever!

Will the board release the percentage or actual response rate from their poll, if and when it happens, you cannot force people to vote? And do we have access to the AGM turnouts over the last few years, I would be surprised if it was any higher than 50-60%.

Over the last few months NLV has run three polls.

• The NLV committee (8 members) voted with roughly the same results.

• The NLV membership (100 members) voted with roughly the same results.

• The PV shareholders voted and the results mirror our own internal polls.

I know well that the board will discredit the results, they ave done that to every individual, group or new investor that challenges the way they operate and conduct themselves - it's what we have come to expect. It would be refreshing to hear that they accept the results without a string of excuses.

The board can either take note of what the majority want and step aside, they can call an EGM themselves immediately or we move on to the next step.

Steve, do you know from the responses yet if you have enough shares in the vote for an egm to call one? Ie. do you have 10% of the issued share capitals worth (circa £120k) to call it today? I am sure the ousted and resigned directors would support an egm so we have a massive chunk there already along with others on the sidelines that sit on the fence but could now jump off it?

Steve, do you know from the responses yet if you have enough shares in the vote for an egm to call one? Ie. do you have 10% of the issued share capitals worth (circa £120k) to call it today? I am sure the ousted and resigned directors would support an egm so we have a massive chunk there already along with others on the sidelines that sit on the fence but could now jump off it?

This is what worries me though Tim, surely the board will win any egm due to their shareholding. Or are people confident it can be done on 1 share, 1 vote.

I shall let Malcolm deal with that Tim as he has all the stats - in fact to keep this private there has only been three people who have access to the spreadsheet and only to verify figures. Not me, I dunna touch that nonsense. There will be a further statement tomorrow regarding the next step.

This is what worries me though Tim, surely the board will win any egm due to their shareholding. Or are people confident it can be done on 1 share, 1 vote.

My understanding is that we will specify one man one vote when the EGM is called.

The board can reject this,of course, but this would put them in a poor light, having already said they'd stand down if this was the wish of the majority.

So in that case the headline "77% of Port Vale shareholders have no confidence in the current board" is utter bull*****.

The headline may not be strictly accurate, but it is qualified in the very first sentence beneath it. To call it utter bull.. well... you think about it.

An independent shareholder consultation has established that 77% of shareholder respondents delivered a no confidence vote to the current board to make the right decisions about future investment in the club.

So in that case the headline "77% of Port Vale shareholders have no confidence in the current board" is utter bull*****.

No it isn't. It's perfectly valid. What interest do you have as a Forest fan anyway?

You could also say only 8% of shareholders want Peter Jackson as a director if we used your argument.

On 3rd March I posted ..

"...I would make a rough guess that anyone who doesn't give a stuff anyway, will throw it in the bin. Let's say 50% of the "pro-board" lobby.

I would also guess that 2-5% of the shareholders have actually died since that time. Some will have moved house. 15% pa... so that is going to be a significant figure.

I predict that NLV's get a 47% return and that 77% of those are anti-board/pro-change...."

Got lambasted for that, as per usual - but not far off. But there is still an issue with those who saw the poll as an anti-board campaign and threw it in the bin. So I disagree with the following comment.

"He concluded that it is unlikely that any club led postal consultation would yeild higher response rates and to that extent the NLV shareholders survey is likely to produce findings which are statistically reliable, valid and representative of the views of shareholders.” An official PVFC poll might up the pro-board vote.

On the other hand, I agree with the following...

"The survey also shows that enough people have replied and voted to force an egm so it doesn't matter if the board agree with the findings or not, an egm will now no doubt be called. That is where it will get interesting and could make or break the present campaigns.."

All depends on the boards stance on one-man, one-vote. And this vote means that Mo Chaudry is unlikely to walk away.

Archived