onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation a real possiblity !

ollyandpatch

Forget all the "thumbs up or down" for a moment, and look at the current table. With Milton Keynes Dons, Preston, and Fleetwood to visit us, and all away games are difficult on paper, we are looking over our shoulder big time !!

I realise those below us have to play each other and that goal difference for those teams in the bottom 4 is terrible, but with the odd team having an extra game to play we are in real trouble...

Bet 365 had us at 40/1 to go down 4 weeks ago, yesterday we were 14/1 and God knows where the odds will be tomorrow?

Buckle up folks, I don't fancy Yeovil away needing points to say up !!! :(

Advert

That was crap today. Williamson and Yates in particular were awful. How the hell can they continue to get picked. No chance they deserve a contract and at the moment i've not got much confidence in Page. Terrible Vale.

Forget all the "thumbs up or down" for a moment, and look at the current table. With Milton Keynes Dons, Preston, and Fleetwood to visit us, and all away games are difficult on paper, we are looking over our shoulder big time !!

I realise those below us have to play each other and that goal difference for those teams in the bottom 4 is terrible, but with the odd team having an extra game to play we are in real trouble...

Bet 365 had us at 40/1 to go down 4 weeks ago, yesterday we were 14/1 and God knows where the odds will be tomorrow?

Buckle up folks, I don't fancy Yeovil away needing points to say up !!! :(

The same BET 365 just slashed us to 7/1 !.............We'd be half that if the bottom 6 didnt have to play each other still.........Pretty unbelieveable when we seemed play off bound end of February time!?.......

That was crap today. Williamson and Yates in particular were awful. How the hell can they continue to get picked. No chance they deserve a contract and at the moment i've not got much confidence in Page. Terrible Vale.

Proven League 2 players........

They keep getting picked because they are the best we have got.

The last thing to do is a mass dropping of your experienced players at a time like this.

Young legs with talent in midfield with old man Brown supporting them would be a start.

The big worry is this is not a time for a novice Manager either. Page's starting eleven against bottom 4 clubs at home have been incredibly negative. The failure to replace Innis until the last day of loans is a poor decision by the Chairman.

Fans have lost faith in the Manager and players that's pretty clear.

Even if we get a win at Scunny or Yeovil the way you end a season often dictates how you start the next.

Personally think this team's confidence is as shot now as when Micky left.

It's not too late to act. We need a win and even I am struggling to see where the current set up will get that.

I am sick of the boll ox that comes out of the club staff like Grew and if Norman wasn't so arrogant he would have appointed an experienced Director of Football yonks ago.

But he would say that it would cut the playing budget .... but Norman it wouldn't if you really do have the money to get this club into the Championship.

They keep getting picked because they are the best we have got.

The last thing to do is a mass dropping of your experienced players at a time like this.

Young legs with talent in midfield with old man Brown supporting them would be a start.

The big worry is this is not a time for a novice Manager either. Page's starting eleven against bottom 4 clubs at home have been incredibly negative. The failure to replace Innis until the last day of loans is a poor decision by the Chairman.

Fans have lost faith in the Manager and players that's pretty clear.

Even if we get a win at Scunny or Yeovil the way you end a season often dictates how you start the next.

Personally think this team's confidence is as shot now as when Micky left.

It's not too late to act. We need a win and even I am struggling to see where the current set up will get that.

I am sick of the boll ox that comes out of the club staff like Grew and if Norman wasn't so arrogant he would have appointed an experienced Director of Football yonks ago.

But he would say that it would cut the playing budget .... but Norman it wouldn't if you really do have the money to get this club into the Championship.

He will lose far more by going down. Potential ST sales have been decimated already , only a flagship manager and signings can save that now.

Nick. It's not that often we see things the same way but you are absolutely right.

My concern is that I doubt that the Chairman is prepared to invest the funds to achieve that.

There is still huge potential support but nepotism must end and a new experienced Manager who has tasted success like Rossler has to be appointed with his own backroom staff and a Senior Director of Football.

After making this investment Norman needs to keep mouth shut and leave them to get on with it.

If that doesn't happen we are back in the realms of Billy Bull****.

The one saving grace - if there is one - is that one more win might be good enough - or it might not be.

Our tactics at home are appalling. One up front and a defensive midfield player (Birchall) on the wing isn't a great way of beginning a must-win home game.

We are not creating chances although Page thinks we are. We have plenty of possession but do nothing with it.

Very easily we could lose our last 6 games as the players are not playing with confidence or desire.

Most annoying of all is that we never, ever look like playing with any conviction or determination UNTIL we go behind. It happens in every home game.

Our defence is garbage and has been all season. That's 5 we've conceded in two home games against the mighty Crawley and Colchester!

Our best approach is to attack and to show some drive and energy. Play two wingers and two up front. Pope is our best bet despite what some say about him. But let's go for it and not play for a draw.

We are now in the do-do big style aren't we? I don't think our chances now are any better than 50:50.

Archived