onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation a real possiblity !

ollyandpatch

Advert

I'm worried where we'll be after Mondays game.

Colchester, Crawley, Orient & Notts County have all got winnable home games. Can't see us getting anything.

If we're 2 points off relegation after Monday, I wont be surprised.

no tune to be changed. I just don't flip out with ott responses on the back of a defeat.

I have seen people comparing the current situation to that of v2001 and now black and gold nonsense. So fickle vale fans are, only happy when they are moaning, you being a prime example.

2 weeks ago a lot of people agreed with you, tonight you'd probably get them all in your posh box.

I've not lost any plot , its the complacency of people like you that's put the club in the position its in now.

How can this be his issue when he has no influence on what goes on at the club? This is down to the chairman, manager, backroom staff and players.

no tune to be changed. I just don't flip out with ott responses on the back of a defeat.

I have seen people comparing the current situation to that of v2001 and now black and gold nonsense. So fickle vale fans are, only happy when they are moaning, you being a prime example.

** 5 Defeats. 3 against sides in the bottom 4.

If Page keeps messing around by leaving Pope out we won't get much from here on in.

He at least cares.

Is Pope carrying an injury as Page says or has he got a strop on because of his contract situation ?

4yrs ago yada yada yada i couldnt care less for 4yrs ago its gone, history, done & dusted.

The ST sales are embarrasing compared to what smurf was hoping for....we wont make 3500 at current state.

People said "if bratt n co go we will be done" yet we had upteen people interested some looked professional but had no substance, some had a full plan but fans turned on them, & some came in brash n bold & as we are finding out now full of hype n spin. There will be someone who fancies a punt on a L1 club the issue will be he has stole the ground as his insurance policy.

Now if your happy then fine (maybe your still blinded by smurfs money & hang out of his ass in the crown) but i will tell you this....he will need to dig deep next season as there will be some gaping holes financially to fill as fans wont tolerate Page & co & certainly not the current state of disgraceful players we have....so more of smurfs £££ down the blackhole.

The man has no idea how to build the club up, build the fanbase or anything....some saw this very early on when he first took the helm after wildes scurried off.....but hey ho its ok norms got £££££££££ so carry on as you were.

Sooner smurf & his cum page are gone the better.

We are all annoyed. Rightly so. And i am not happy (thats the question you asked) but i am 35 years old and won't be doing pathetic, childish rants, like yourself, about an owner who i actually believe has done more good than not.

Your last sentence sums you up, Carl.

Grow up.

Just before we get over excited about Smurf and "Pagey" out, I suspect that there won't be a big queue of new owners just waiting to snap up an average League 1 team with frankly quite average fans. None of us are coming out of this well, including the fans. Anyway let's ask propspective new owners and managers to form an orderly queue shall we.............
There is a lot of merit in what you are saying Rudgie and we can't do a lot about the owner of the club but it is crystal that he needs help on how to run a professional football club. Lets face facts Rob Page was the cheap option who Smurthwaite could effectively govern because a decent experienced boss would have soon told him to butt out over signings or I'm off.

Sadly running a professional football club costs money and the owner has to be prepared to put plenty of his own in . That is unless the club is organised to run on a 7 day a week basis using the ground and it's facilities to the full. This is where a good CEO is worth his wage but like managing the team Smurf likes to do himself.

I'm afraid that unless Smurthwaite alters his mindset Port Vale will be back in the doldrums. He is stuck with the club but he should remember that a large percentage of the fans aren't. Do folks think that Sjoke would be getting full houses if they weren't in the Prem?. Of course not if they dropped down the attendances would fall drastically. Fans need to be attracted with decent players and signs of hope and at the present I have little of that at the moment apart from hoping we can stay up this season. Then I shudder and think what about next year on a reduced budget and that prospect is pretty scary to me!

Is Pope carrying an injury as Page says or has he got a strop on because of his contract situation ?
Who can blame him if he has either. The treatment he has been receiving of late from the club's owner is downright shameful.

There is a lot of merit in what you are saying Rudgie and we can't do a lot about the owner of the club but it is crystal that he needs help on how to run a professional football club. Lets face facts Rob Page was the cheap option who Smurthwaite could effectively govern because a decent experienced boss would have soon told him to butt out over signings or I'm off.

Sadly running a professional football club costs money and the owner has to be prepared to put plenty of his own in . That is unless the club is organised to run on a 7 day a week basis using the ground and it's facilities to the full. This is where a good CEO is worth his wage but like managing the team Smurf likes to do himself.

I'm afraid that unless Smurthwaite alters his mindset Port Vale will be back in the doldrums. He is stuck with the club but he should remember that a large percentage of the fans aren't. Do folks think that Sjoke would be getting full houses if they weren't in the Prem?. Of course not if they dropped down the attendances would fall drastically. Fans need to be attracted with decent players and signs of hope and at the present I have little of that at the moment apart from hoping we can stay up this season. Then I shudder and think what about next year on a reduced budget and that prospect is pretty scary to me!

7 day a week basis is a pipe dream. It's burslem not a big city location.

Archived