onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Relegation a real possiblity !

ollyandpatch

Looking at the fixtures this weekend really worries me, MK Dons for us equals defeat, Colchester and Coventry playing each other, Crewe playing Orient, Scunthorpe and Crawley playing each other, Notts County at Yeovil, at least 4 teams below us will all pick up points.

Advert

Looking at the fixtures this weekend really worries me, MK Dons for us equals defeat, Colchester and Coventry playing each other, Crewe playing Orient, Scunthorpe and Crawley playing each other, Notts County at Yeovil, at least 4 teams below us will all pick up points.

That, my friend, has stopped me from sleeping tonight,come to think of it probably for the rest of the week as well :laugh:

Scunny play MK Dons away tomorrow, and defeat to MK Dons for us is not a given. We are at Scunny next Tuesday.

If we could win both those games (and far stranger things have happened), things would look a lot better in 8 days time.

Scunny play MK Dons away tomorrow, and defeat to MK Dons for us is not a given. We are at Scunny next Tuesday.

If we could win both those games (and far stranger things have happened), things would look a lot better in 8 days time.

I am looking forward to the 6 points, fingers and everything crossed.

Really hope you are right but after witnessing that today I really don't know where the next point or goal will come from unless a change is made which is extremely unlikely to happen.

We are going have to somehow get 4/5 points from Scunthorpe, Yeovil and Fleetwood.

We should beat Yeovil, they will be down by then and are getting battered everyweek anyway. Scunny looked awful down here earlier in the year so hopefully we could get something there.

we are sliding into the brown stuff and it's going to take a minor miracle to keep us up but have we the squad to do it??????????????????????????

Thought I'd leave my comments until I had a nights sleep, but had a nightmare last night! However, I have paid for next seasons ticket and no matter how dire the play is I'm a Valiant and will try and support my Team whenever and wherever. OK, some will no doubt question my sanity but once the Vale is in your blood it stays there. We do have 3,000 or so others similar to me fortunately.

Yes I have my opinions and questions about what is happening at our great Club but at the end of the day all we can do as fans is attempt to get the best out of whatever a poor squad/manager we have by supporting them on the pitch. Believe me I have had serious reservations lately as to why I should turn up and end up so miserable that it affects the whole of each weekend and more for me as an ardent fan. I do though still go and pray that the Team pulls out the stops to earn a victory or at least a point.

Fellow Valiants there are more serious things happening in the world to affect the way we live our lives but as nutters, sorry, fans of Port Vale FC we seem to take matters so, so personally and as though no other Clubs face similar dilemmas as us. Life and football goes on. I will be one of the 1st to holler and bemoan a catastrophic season if we eventually get relegated but come the first kick of next season wherever we maybe I'll be there as enthusiastic as a young schoolboy with visions of Vale doing us proud. Worst scenario is that we will be still in the Football League with our hopes and aspirations intact, albeit battered and bruised again. We should all be so used to this. This is Port Vale after all.

Over 30 years of supporting Vale have taught me at least one thing, and that is never to expect too much. Enjoy the good days(few and far between admittedly) but also take defeats/disappointments/setbacks in our stride and look onwards to a more progressive future. Let's be totally honest as it stands today it cannot get too much worse in some fans minds. But it actually can. I will be there Saturday and hopefully there will be a cat around at the final whistle to kick in frustration! No I am not an animal hater for those who are about to jump down my throat, just expressing a descriptive dig at what may be at 5pm.

Not all will see eye to eye with me on this but as much as I too honestly believe Page is playing a massive part in our demise along with so many so-called professional footballers in our squad , we fans still have our part to play in what happens come the last kick of the season. If we can somehow summon up the reserve to inflict upon ourselves more visits to watch our lads then we should do so. At least we cannot be accused(as the players/management are) of failing in our duty as lovers and believers in our Team.

Thought I'd leave my comments until I had a nights sleep, but had a nightmare last night! However, I have paid for next seasons ticket and no matter how dire the play is I'm a Valiant and will try and support my Team whenever and wherever. OK, some will no doubt question my sanity but once the Vale is in your blood it stays there. We do have 3,000 or so others similar to me fortunately.

Yes I have my opinions and questions about what is happening at our great Club but at the end of the day all we can do as fans is attempt to get the best out of whatever a poor squad/manager we have by supporting them on the pitch. Believe me I have had serious reservations lately as to why I should turn up and end up so miserable that it affects the whole of each weekend and more for me as an ardent fan. I do though still go and pray that the Team pulls out the stops to earn a victory or at least a point.

Fellow Valiants there are more serious things happening in the world to affect the way we live our lives but as nutters, sorry, fans of Port Vale FC we seem to take matters so, so personally and as though no other Clubs face similar dilemmas as us. Life and football goes on. I will be one of the 1st to holler and bemoan a catastrophic season if we eventually get relegated but come the first kick of next season wherever we maybe I'll be there as enthusiastic as a young schoolboy with visions of Vale doing us proud. Worst scenario is that we will be still in the Football League with our hopes and aspirations intact, albeit battered and bruised again. We should all be so used to this. This is Port Vale after all.

Over 30 years of supporting Vale have taught me at least one thing, and that is never to expect too much. Enjoy the good days(few and far between admittedly) but also take defeats/disappointments/setbacks in our stride and look onwards to a more progressive future. Let's be totally honest as it stands today it cannot get too much worse in some fans minds. But it actually can. I will be there Saturday and hopefully there will be a cat around at the final whistle to kick in frustration! No I am not an animal hater for those who are about to jump down my throat, just expressing a descriptive dig at what may be at 5pm.

Not all will see eye to eye with me on this but as much as I too honestly believe Page is playing a massive part in our demise along with so many so-called professional footballers in our squad , we fans still have our part to play in what happens come the last kick of the season. If we can somehow summon up the reserve to inflict upon ourselves more visits to watch our lads then we should do so. At least we cannot be accused(as the players/management are) of failing in our duty as lovers and believers in our Team.

A real from the heart post which I pretty much agree with but with one big reservation. This is will the Chairman learn from his grave mistakes of expecting fans to roll up just because we are Port Vale supporters. Will he keep thinking he can offer 'peanut' wages for a rookie manager? Good managers like decent players deserve good money because a sound manager will earn every penny of his salary by getting the maximum out of his squad.

Player for player I don't think our squad is that bad, though we do have some deadwood. The morale of the team is as low as it can get and the present manager isn't capable of doing anything about it. In fact I consider his poor tactics and team selection has much to do with our present situation.

Like you 'Onestep' I will continue to turn up, on one proviso which is Smurthwaite must show me that there is 'a light at the end of this very dark tunnel' because at this present time the future looks black.

A real from the heart post which I pretty much agree with but with one big reservation. This is will the Chairman learn from his grave mistakes of expecting fans to roll up just because we are Port Vale supporters. Will he keep thinking he can offer 'peanut' wages for a rookie manager? Good managers like decent players deserve good money because a sound manager will earn every penny of his salary by getting the maximum out of his squad.

Player for player I don't think our squad is that bad, though we do have some deadwood. The morale of the team is as low as it can get and the present manager isn't capable of doing anything about it. In fact I consider his poor tactics and team selection has much to do with our present situation.

Like you 'Onestep' I will continue to turn up, on one proviso which is Smurthwaite must show me that there is 'a light at the end of this very dark tunnel' because at this present time the future looks black.

Agree OS mate. Time now for Smurf to show his hand as Owner to give the fans hope for the future.

Archived