onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf fallen out of love with the Messiah ?

blackdog

Advert

And up he pops again. The man who scouted against the Vale whilst actually employed by the club. The man who, despite his protestations that he quit, was actually basically told to do one by MOLD. The man who , I think, actually threatened one of our own supporters at a supporters club meeting. The man who now can't keep his big ******** ******* shut when it comes to slagging off our chairman. The man who claimed to have made it up with MA but now loves saying ' I told you so' and sticking the knife in MA's back.

Do I know you? You seem to know an awful lot.:nailbiting:

Having met MA since he left the Vale, he wished the Vale nothing but success and the Vale fans nothing but happiness. He certainly went up in my estimation for calling it a day when he did (we would have gone down if he'd waited to be sacked in my view) and he should always be welcome at PVFC for his role in, firstly stopping the rot which would have seen us slide into non-league in his first spell, and secondly for getting us promoted against all odds.

Very good post Cheshire Cat :yes:

Pretty much sum up my thoughts aswell really. I was a big fan of MA during his reign in charge.

Completely agree with Smurf's comments aswell, MA certainly did work well when his hands were tied and he was under all sorts of restrictions due to being in administration. You only have to look at how he managed to convince the whole squad to commit to very short 1 year deals and to get them on board and fighting in the pre-season prior to our promotion season. He worked wonders during that spell, against the odds.

Many of the players could have either a) thrown in the towel and gave up straight away and see us sink towards the non-league, or b) Simply moved elsewhere where the grass was 'greener'/where other clubs were offering longer contracts and greater job security.

Unfortunately, some fans tend to conveniently ignore the above points, with regards to what MA did for the club.

I really do worry about some Fans with too much time on their hands

I consider MA a friend and as such would not wish to criticize him but happy to state facts

I genuinely believed a much better offer would be made in the summer as he was way below where he should be and still stand by that

If he had stayed I believe our form would turn but he felt he had let me and the Club down and subsequently left a decision I could not overturn

Decisions were made in haste which has hampered our Club since the season started

That mistake will not be made again

MA worked under very difficult circumstances which I believe gets the best out of him and history will show what a massive asset he was to PVFC

Sorry Norman you don't know the full story about MA...as you were not here when all the problems started at VP, MA was a contributor to PV going into admin so you can only talk about the time he worked for you, PV problems started BEFORE he went to Sheffield & who ever has informed you about MA time before you came here has only told you the best bits, MA was looking after himself not the club or the shareholder or the fans.:angry:

As is every decent manager, to an extent. Happily, by looking after themselves, the club, and in turn the fans, benefit.

I didn't benefit.... I lost money & a lot more fans lost money too & some a lot more that me,:angry:

DID HE LOSE ANY MONEY?

Having met MA since he left the Vale, he wished the Vale nothing but success and the Vale fans nothing but happiness. He certainly went up in my estimation for calling it a day when he did (we would have gone down if he'd waited to be sacked in my view) and he should always be welcome at PVFC for his role in, firstly stopping the rot which would have seen us slide into non-league in his first spell, and secondly for getting us promoted against all odds.

Here Here to that!:yes:

I didn't benefit.... I lost money & a lot more fans lost money too & some a lot more that me,:angry:

DID HE LOSE ANY MONEY?

Of course he ****ing didn't, you silly twit! If you are talking about shares, and you actually bought them as an investment. hoping to recoup your outlay, IMO you were missing the point anyway. The fact is, in the promotion season, we started the season as one of the bookies' favourites to go down (to the conference), we hardly had any players in contract and didn't even have any training kit. Micky galvanised the squad, got us some of our best results in decades (albeit in the 4th tier) and gave us our third promotion in my lifetime. Because of that, I wouyld happily shake the man's hand. Gripe all you like, you just sound foolish.

Of course he ****ing didn't, you silly twit! If you are talking about shares, and you actually bought them as an investment. hoping to recoup your outlay

I didnt buy my shares to recoup my out lay or even more fanciful make a profit, I did it to support the club.

Archived