onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurf fallen out of love with the Messiah ?

blackdog

Micky was the right man at the right time. He came in and did what he needed to and in the process completely irradicated a philosophy on football this club had been renowned for. Attractive attacking football played on the ground with attacking wingers. He turned us into an ugly team that were difficult to beat which was needed at the time. However whenwe went up and tried to find proper technically good footballers he struggled as did him addapting his style of bypassing the midfield and hitting it straight to pope and then hope.

I am grateful he got us up but his ego was always an issue having witness tjis first hand at player of the year awards, where his speaches were terrible, his attitude with the fans appaling and his behaviour to staff questionable. It was as if he was the club, even when Wildes and Smurfthwaite came in and prob why Wildes had him by the collar at Bristol Rovers.

There is a part of me that was dissapointed in his parting and part that was relieved he had gone because the hard work was falling apart early this season. HOWEVER adams is the past stop living in the past and move on........

Advert

Whatever you feel about what adams did on the pitch what he did in the boardroom was absolute cack. The lame excuse he gave "he only did it for the football" is absolute dross... we could speculate about the real reasons.... payments/job/etc... but thats all they would be, speculations.... he perpetuated the creeping death of directorship way beyond its need or usefulness and prolonged a painful death

Whatever you feel about what adams did on the pitch what he did in the boardroom was absolute cack. The lame excuse he gave "he only did it for the football" is absolute dross... we could speculate about the real reasons.... payments/job/etc... but thats all they would be, speculations.... he perpetuated the creeping death of directorship way beyond its need or usefulness and prolonged a painful death

Some of us can see that mate & some cannot but its get to a stage where its "no use keep on knocking if there nobody in" I just wonder what they have between there ears .... a bit like the referee's we get down the Vale, :banghead:

I think he proved that when it came to it he did it to be successful at football, the very focal point of what all managers strive for.

Stop talking 'cack' and take the haters with you ;)

As an aside and with hindsight, could that administration be considered a positive thing for us? I genuinely feel for all the businesses that lost money, especially small local ones and St. John Ambulance, but it did clear the decks and allow someone who I genuinely believe could be the best Vale Chairman in recent history to come on board. No-one knows whether Mo Chaudry would have been a success but I really can't imagine anyone doing what NS has done for us. Also, the administration did seem to foster a siege mentality, something which I believe helped propel us to promotion.

For all I supported him at the time there is no way in the world Mo would have put the money in to the club the chairman has.

The club is now in the best place it could be thanks to the chairman, Adams and the players who contributed.

Now we've moved on with Page after Micky did the very honourable thing and stood aside.

For all I supported him at the time there is no way in the world Mo would have put the money in to the club the chairman has.

The club is now in the best place it could be thanks to the chairman, Adams and the players who contributed.

Now we've moved on with Page after Micky did the very honourable thing and stood aside.

Agree totally, although I didn't support Mo's bid. The chairman has made life very interesting.

Mo wouldnt have had the fire fighting to do that Wildes left Smurf to deal with,so we will never know.

You've found a friend' date=' there's now two brain cells between you! ;)[/quote']

better to have a brain cell that's 2 more than you... you never know you may & I only say MAY found 1 inside the saw dust in your head....if you can dig deep enough,

Honourable thing!!!!!! he jumped ship after the stick he got from Vale fans at gresty rd,:yes:

It appears to me that some people can't leave things in the past, and just want the opportunity to say I told you so.

A very childish attitude in my opinion.

Ray, it's clear you have an axe to grind with Micky and Norman. It's evident here, and it's evident everytime that you put a microphone to your lips on Radio Stoke. Again, in my opinion, I think it's pathetic.

It appears to me that some people can't leave things in the past, and just want the opportunity to say I told you so.

A very childish attitude in my opinion.

Ray, it's clear you have an axe to grind with Micky and Norman. It's evident here, and it's evident everytime that you put a microphone to your lips on Radio Stoke. Again, in my opinion, I think it's pathetic.

:yes: :clap:

Archived