onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The new TV rights

blackdog

The new deal for live TV rights will come in from the 2016/17 season and will be worth over £5billion over three seasons.

It is suggested that Premier league clubs will have a responsibility to lower match day prices,this could spell disaster for lower league clubs Stokes gate price could be lower than ours,so what will be the incentive be to go to football league games ?

Advert

The new deal for live TV rights will come in from the 2016/17 season and will be worth over £5billion over three seasons.

It is suggested that Premier league clubs will have a responsibility to lower match day prices,this could spell disaster for lower league clubs Stokes gate price could be lower than ours,so what will be the incentive be to go to football league games ?

I would think it is commonsense for the club to lower their prices as well.but first the wage bill needs to be lowered to proper league two levels...only a good cup run will turn around the club financially

In 1992 Sky paid PL clubs £637,000 to show their games live on tv,today Sky and BT will pay £10.2m per game, after announcing their new £5.13 billion deal which starts in 2016.

It will be interesting to see if some of this money filters down into the Football League and on to grass roots football?

Views and opinions please.

In 1992 Sky paid PL clubs £637,000 to show their games live on tv,today Sky and BT will pay £10.2m per game, after announcing their new £5.13 billion deal which starts in 2016.

It will be interesting to see if some of this money filters down into the Football League and on to grass roots football?

Views and opinions please.

I saw it mentioned somewhere that the PL chiefs made the same appeal last time the bidding happens - what happened? Absolutely nothing.

If it isn't enforced of course the PL and its clubs are not going to make anything more than a token gesture.

One other thing that was pointed out - the PL always uses the (appalling in my opinion) parachute payments in the figures it quotes when talking about overall money given the FL and grass roots. If you take those millions out, the amount they actually give is virtually nothing.

I don't even think this is a moral thing anymore - it's a common sense thing to spread the money more evenly or the competition will become boring and uninteresting and that will in turn end the bidding war because no-one will want to watch. It's like the US sports and their draft - they do that so that the big clubs don't always get the best players and it creates a better competition - if the PL don't allow the money to filter down then there's no competitive edge and they will lose their financial riches.

These TVS companies are bankrolling an average Premier league. Clubs will continue to bring in cheaper foreign players. The big losers are lower division and non league teams, the England team, and football in general.

The deal translates into a cost, to the television companies, of an average of £10.19 MILLION per game. That is obscene, when clubs like the Vale survive on less than half that figure per year.

£10m reward for being the worst team in the Premiership. Can I apply and be the worst team in the Premiership? I will be very rubbish.

This is bad news. The home national teams will suffer - why bother develop players when you have the money to spend on foreign readymade stars. Clubs will still charge the fans stupid money and the stupid fans will just keep spending. The longer this ridiculous bonanza of greed continues the less of a sport football will become.

Its about time the FA brought in a development tax and took 10% off the TV income for the development of the game.

...another thought .... huge bid for TV rights... more money to clubs ... and the finnacial fair play rules suddenly dissolved.

£10m reward for being the worst team in the Premiership. Can I apply and be the worst team in the Premiership? I will be very rubbish.

This is bad news. The home national teams will suffer - why bother develop players when you have the money to spend on foreign readymade stars. Clubs will still charge the fans stupid money and the stupid fans will just keep spending. The longer this ridiculous bonanza of greed continues the less of a sport football will become.

Its about time the FA brought in a development tax and took 10% off the TV income for the development of the game.

...another thought .... huge bid for TV rights... more money to clubs ... and the finnacial fair play rules suddenly dissolved.

Tom Newton Dunn,political editor of the Sun was interviewed last night on Sky News,he is a season ticket holder at Arsenal and when asked about how this new deal would affect the English national team he said he didn't care.I suppose that's how most PL fans think,it's all about the PL,the be all and end all.

If all supporters of non premier league teams stopped supporting this TV company if only for 6 months they get some idea how the majority of clubs feel, people power mmmm, just a thought

I got rid of sky in 1997 because I felt they were getting to0 greedy, always asking for more money for the same thing. Unfortunately too many people were happy to keep paying it and now they rule football.

The 'Greed is good' league is not a charity according to Scudamore?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31384481

It's not even charity or morality. It's common sense.

If you don't feed some of this down the pyramid and into the grass roots then they will ultimately destroy themselves. The gap will become so big that the PL will simply become noncompetitive and then the money will disappear because companies won't pay as much big money for a product that doesn't excite the public.

They are already doing a good job of widening the financial gap between divisions anyhow. Look at the leap up to the Championship - 20 of those teams have 10m plus wage bills. Half a dozen have the benefit of £30m a year parachute payments. How can Vale compete with that?

I also think it's disgusting that a league that has just brokered a deal of this kind has just one club (Chelsea) who pay its groundstaff the living wage.

The problem is that with the PL simply making the right noises and asking clubs to feed money down, it ain't going to happen. There's far more chance of a footballer getting a £500k a week contract than the PL committing more money to lower levels of football, sadly.

Archived