onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season tickets 2015/16

cheshirevaliant

Advert

Good offers for individuals, but for the average family of 2 adults + 2 teenagers your are looking at the thick end of £1000. The incentive of having 4 free programmes a game is then not quite so enticing. Perhaps some bulk discount for families all under 1 roof? Was this considered by The steering committee / Smurf as a way of increasing sales to families as a whole?

Come on, give the moaning a rest now. Some folk on here would moan about anything. Smurf's done a cracking job on this. Payment plan is a great initiative. I didn't renew last year as it was very much a slap dash operation regarding everything post season. Looks like things are getting put in place early on this time.

Good on you Mr Smurthwaite.

I dont see anyone moaning... someone said its too expensive and it may be for him... and Bald Eagle above makes a valid point.

I wonder if a family ticket has been considered... two adults and two teens... one ticket... one discount... one program.

If only 1, 2 or 3 turn up its still the same price and it may just encourage families. Once a standard formula has been worked out it would work with any combination you wanted it to.... 2 adults one teen... two adults two kids and a teen... etc... if someone arrives after the ticket holder has entered its to late to get in.

Is there still a charge for using debit cards?

L

I dont see anyone moaning... someone said its too expensive and it may be for him... and Bald Eagle above makes a valid point.

I wonder if a family ticket has been considered... two adults and two teens... one ticket... one discount... one program.

If only 1, 2 or 3 turn up its still the same price and it may just encourage families. Once a standard formula has been worked out it would work with any combination you wanted it to.... 2 adults one teen... two adults two kids and a teen... etc... if someone arrives after the ticket holder has entered its to late to get in.

Is there still a charge for using debit cards?

Geo, I sometimes buy away tickets using a debit and the £1 charge has been dropped.

It doesn't cost £69 to print some extra programmes. I have no idea of the actual printing cost, but incremental costs above a certain point are much less.

And the advertisers get better value for the additional copies out there, so it's a win-win.

This was not a moan as my post has a minus 3 let me try to explain my point. Let's say for arguments sake we currently sell 500 programmes per game, you have the cost of printing 500 progs. selling them at £3 each brings in £1500 .

With the new scheme of a free programme for each St holder you have the cost of printing around 4000 programmes no revenue from selling them.

So to summarise

The cost of printing 500per game x 23,

£1500 x23= £34500 revenue lost.

Against the new plan,

The cost of printing 4000 x 23 =92000 programmes printed

No revenue from selling them.

Which is why I said financially it would have made more sense keeping the St prices the same or even reducing them a bit to attract more sales.

But the payment plan and early announcement is a great move.

Thanks Geo. As you rightly say I am not moaning, and am very supportive of Smurf and the positive impact he has had on our club. I was merely pointing out that this initiative does not work as well for a family attending together, where as a community club securing the whole family on match days will have a benefit in terms of merchandise and other sales, where a combined cost of 1000 for the average family might deter them from buying season tickets.

This was not a moan as my post has a minus 3 let me try to explain my point. Let's say for arguments sake we currently sell 500 programmes per game, you have the cost of printing 500 progs. selling them at £3 each brings in £1500 .

With the new scheme of a free programme for each St holder you have the cost of printing around 4000 programmes no revenue from selling them.

So to summarise

Against the new plan,

Which is why I said financially it would have made more sense keeping the St prices the same or even reducing them a bit to attract more sales.

Did someone not mention that the season tickets are £20 more expensive. So if we sell 3000 season tickets @ £20 more you're looking at £60k extra minus £34.5k still looking at a profit of £24.5k

So to summarise

Against the new plan,

So to summarise

Against the new plan,

We actually sell around 600 programmes

To print another 3000 per game would cost approx £400 per game more

Then with a circulation of circa 3500 can raise an extra £20,000 in advertising revenue

So sadly you suggestion above does not add up

Did someone not mention that the season tickets are £20 more expensive. So if we sell 3000 season tickets @ £20 more you're looking at £60k extra minus £34.5k still looking at a profit of £24.5k

24.5k less the cost of printing 92000 programmes.

Archived