onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gerrard to leave Liverpool.

For Us All

Advert

Best all round player the Premiership has seen when he was at the peak of his powers. People go on about Scholes, who was superb, but when did you see him winning games for United virtually on his own as Gerrard has done for Liverpool time after time over the years. Shoot, run, pass, tackle, head, he could do absolutely everything.

Can't wait for the thumbs down from the anti-Liverpool virgin brigade here. :D

I won't give you the thumbs down, as it would be unfair to the mentally challenged which you must be if you think he is fit to lick the boots of Theirry Henry, Denis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona or a hundred others.

I won't give you the thumbs down, as it would be unfair to the mentally challenged which you must be if you think he is fit to lick the boots of Theirry Henry, Denis Bergkamp, Eric Cantona or a hundred others.

If you really think Cantona did more for United than Gerrard has Liverpool then you should be sectioned. Henry and Bergkamp are fair enough shouts, as would be Zola or Vieira.

If you really think Cantona did more for United than Gerrard has Liverpool then you should be sectioned. Henry and Bergkamp are fair enough shouts, as would be Zola or Vieira.

Gerrard has spent his career playing in an average side so he would stand out as a top quality player.

Best all round player the Premiership has seen when he was at the peak of his powers. People go on about Scholes, who was superb, but when did you see him winning games for United virtually on his own as Gerrard has done for Liverpool time after time over the years. Shoot, run, pass, tackle, head, he could do absolutely everything.

Can't wait for the thumbs down from the anti-Liverpool virgin brigade here. :D

Can't agree with that at all. He is indeed a club (not country) legend and did his job in some fairly poor to average Liverpool teams but you have to win things to be the best and when it came to it he didn't win enough of the big trophies.

The basic problem with your posts is that the facts are wrong, you post a rubbish load of total inaccuracies then refuse to acknowledge the fact when someone researches what you are saying and exposes it as total bull*****.

A couple of days ago you said Liverpool would have been as good as Man City with a net spend the same and another poster proved that your binmen had actually spent MORE (£32m v £36m) in the period under discussion, a fact you chose to ignore.

Same here, you think people will be impressed if you colourfully suggest I should be sectioned for suggesting Cantona and others were bigger achievers than misery-guts Gerrard.

Sadly for your argument, Cantona can boast no fewer than five, yes FIVE Premier league winners medals in just 6 seasons (5 at United, 1 Leeds when it was called Div 1) - remember those ? You know the things Liverpool haven't seen in the last 25 years or so and Gerrard will NEVER have a single one of. Oh, but I forgot... Gerrard NEARLY one a single one to Eric's five.

In the same period Cantona bagged 2 FA cup winners medals and a few nondescript Charity Shield wins as you are bound to mention your dippers 5 cups in one season (FA, egg, Super Cup ha ha, tinpot League cup etc) but top flight winners medals are what counts.

I'd wager that if you asked any non-Lpool and non-United fan (and I don't care for either team) which player had more flair, skill and talent, who was most watchable, who enjoyed playing, and who indeed was a more likeable and adored player Cantona would win every time.

Can't agree with that at all. He is indeed a club (not country) legend and did his job in some fairly poor to average Liverpool teams but you have to win things to be the best and when it came to it he didn't win enough of the big trophies.

I really don't get this notion that you have to have won things to be considered a legend, or a great. Emmanuel Petit won more major trophies at Arsenal than Gerrard did for Liverpool, would you say that made him a better player?

It seems like it's not just myself and some other Liverpool fans have such a high opinion of him. The great man Zinedine Zidane himself also did when Gerrard was at or near to his peak...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/13/zinedine-zidane-steven-gerrard-liverpool

Sadly for your argument, Cantona can boast no fewer than five, yes FIVE Premier league winners medals in just 6 seasons (5 at United, 1 Leeds when it was called Div 1) - remember those ? You know the things Liverpool haven't seen in the last 25 years or so and Gerrard will NEVER have a single one of. Oh, but I forgot... Gerrard NEARLY one a single one to Eric's five.

In the same period Cantona bagged 2 FA cup winners medals and a few nondescript Charity Shield wins as you are bound to mention your dippers 5 cups in one season (FA, egg, Super Cup ha ha, tinpot League cup etc) but top flight winners medals are what counts.

I'd wager that if you asked any non-Lpool and non-United fan (and I don't care for either team) which player had more flair, skill and talent, who was most watchable, who enjoyed playing, and who indeed was a more likeable and adored player Cantona would win every time.

What argument? It's you that is making stuff up to suit your own agenda. I never mentioned anything about medals in the post you're replying to, and neither did you until now, you ****** ****. And again, you're talking absolute nonsense.

What argument? It's you that is making stuff up to suit your own agenda. I never mentioned anything about medals in the post you're replying to, and neither did you until now, you you senile Goat::And again, you're talking absolute nonsense.

Now you are just trying to milk it, senile goat... hilarious. oh please don't be hornophobic. please have Mersey on me with such cutting wit. :D:):laugh: Medals, titles, achievements same thing my little tree-brain.

And yet has outshone some truly fantastic players like Mascherano and Alonso during that time.

Strange how those two players have improved since leaving to bigger and better clubs and the Dippers have gone downhill except for the season that they NEARLY won the League.

Ridiculous coverage by the media - acting like he was dead.

He's 34 and wants to relax in the US for a couple of years.

No point in getting into the "legend" debate. He's a loyal footballer who has won very little because the players around him weren't very good.

Its a good job he's not Catholic ! The media would have him on a fast track to becoming a saint.

Yes he was a very good player but recently he has been shown to be over the crest and gathering pace on the downward spiral to the good ship MLS gravy boat. He was a very Big fish in a once magnificent pool which is also silting up rapidly.

Archived