onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gerrard to leave Liverpool.

For Us All

Completely agree pal. Unfortunately, there's a small brigade of anti-Liverpool cretins on this board (hence all of the thumbs down on your post) that will stubbornly refuse to give any credit where it's due. Just 3 or 4 pathetic low life's with nothing better to do with their time, Bea Smith being the biggest **** of them all.

Your sad personal attacks only serve to show the lack of credibility in your point of view. I'd guess it's far more than 3 or 4 people who think Gerrard is, as valiant593 said, 'average' and no more for England, and only looks outstanding for Liverpool because of his hapless misfit team-mates.

I really feel pleased that I was singled out as the biggest whatever your stars mean, though. Incidentally, glad to hear you have been attending Vale games since you were 'three or four', but judging by the content and emotional instability of your posts that could well mean only last season.

To the poster who mentioned Cantona not winning a CL winners medal, I don't honestly think he would swap his multiple title wins for one CL bong.

Advert

I agree about Liverpool. But best player for country?? Common Gerrard has always been average for England, never lived up to his Liverpool performances.

I'm sunning myself in Florida so can't be assed to look up the stats but the country question came up before and Gerrard has scored many important goals for England in competitive games amongst them the 2nd against Germany in a WC qualifier in 2001 that took the roof off in the pub I was in, these goals and his consistent play (in my view) are the basis of my view.

I'd wager that if you asked any non-Lpool and non-United fan (and I don't care for either team) which player had more flair, skill and talent, who was most watchable, who enjoyed playing, and who indeed was a more likeable and adored player Cantona would win every time.

Gerrard for me..you just lost your wager..pay up !! ;)

He is a Liverpool legend no doubt and had some outstanding games for England...personally I think the only ENgland legends are those players from 66

However for me talk of him being the best Liverpool player ever (which some have said) is somewhat wide of the a mark..I'd put Dalglish way ahead of him for a start.

Was he better than Cantona..personally I think Gerrard was a better all round player but Cantona's impact at man U was much more than a result of his ability/skills.....he brought an attitude, a winning mentality, confidence to United.

For me it's pointless to make the raw comparison of medals/titles won as that would indicate that Mark Atkins of Blackburn was a better player than Matt le Tissier for example..it's a bit more subtle than that

The Liverpool teams of the 70s and 80s were full of outstanding players. Does anyone think Gerrard has looked so good because those around him have hardly been brilliant by comparison?

Good question..undoubtedly he's been the eye catching player in recent Liverpool teams what with anumber of spectacular goals, Hollywood passes and the local connection.

Jimmy Case was on FFL the other day picking his best 1-11 and I'd put all the midfielders/forwards he picked (Souness, McDermoot, Kennedy, Dalglish etc) ahead of Gerrard

Gerrard for me..you just lost your wager..pay up !! ;)

Despite the fact that you don't qualify under rule 86(b) as only 2 out of 100 recent posts by you were about Vale:), I have decided to still be generous. I know you like a little stimulating challenge so I have deposited your wager winnings in shallow water just of the Sidmouth coast, happy hunting.

Despite the fact that you don't qualify under rule 86(b) as only 2 out of 100 recent posts by you were about Vale:), I have decided to still be generous. I know you like a little stimulating challenge so I have deposited your wager winnings in shallow water just of the Sidmouth coast, happy hunting.

You are a liar as you've not had time to do that. Plus you assume I am interested in claiming the winnings..you are wrong. Plus I am too busy working to go to the beach and if you think that would be a stimulating challenge in any way you must leave a very unchallenging life.

It winds me up when people say you have to win things to be one of the best players.

It terms of talent and consistency Gerrard is undoubtedly one of the Prem's best midfielders.

He hasn't won a title because he's played with some utter sh** in his career.

Paulo Ferreira won 3 prems, 4 fa cups and a champions league. Must be amazing.

The Liverpool teams of the 70s and 80s were full of outstanding players. Does anyone think Gerrard has looked so good because those around him have hardly been brilliant by comparison?

Just the opposite in that he has made players look better than they are, the obvious example is Fernando Torres.

Archived