onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Journey home after SUFC game

soothsayer

Advert

Bit of a nightmare. 2.5 hours to get from VP to Meir Heath then Trentham! Didn't see one gritter. Hopefully everyone got home safely.

Two and a half hours for me to get back to South Derbyshire having been stuck on the A50 near to Longton for 45 minutes doesn't seem too bad now compared with the journeys of others who live more local. Hope everyone got home safely.

Two hours from Vale Park to Biddulph. Three police on motor bikes did a great job in very difficult circumstances getting the Sheffield coaches along High Lane to Chell roundabout. High Lane very slow but safe. Chell to Biddulph was reasonable and I followed a gritting lorry through Biddulph.

could not get a taxi from vale to burslem, gerry keenan top man gave me a lift :)

I left VP straight after the match.It was about 23:00 (ish) by time I got home in Burslem.The cold and snow had a very strange effect on my balance and my eyesight. ;)

Final whistle went, I ran an through the park (a little slippy!), left car park on Moorland Road about 17.04, reached A500 about 17.14, then the A500; scary flurries, but the road not too busy and everybody being sensible; reached home in Crewe at 17.40.

So I did OK, but was very glad to get off the roads. I'm glad you people seem to have done so too!

Wonderful game, wouldn't have missed it, especially being 12th last night.

Two and a half hours for me to get back to South Derbyshire having been stuck on the A50 near to Longton for 45 minutes doesn't seem too bad now compared with the journeys of others who live more local. Hope everyone got home safely.

Blimey Phil! Glad we were staying in Wolstanton overnight - I wouldn't have fancied a trip back to Wolverhampton in that.

No problems at all for me..... left VP went via Fenton to collect daughter then got back to Southampton for 10.15pm (via Andover, Hampshire) . It proves one thing British people cant drive in the snow, the weather didnt worry me in the slightest, it isn't difficult at all to drive in winter conditions if you plan your journey.

Archived