onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Journey home after SUFC game

soothsayer

Advert

Went upto Liverpool for a night out straight after the Vale game, which had been planned with a few mates for a while. Was debating whether or not to go with the weather conditions taking a turn for the worse. Took me about 2 hours from Burslem to Merseyside, basically twice as long as it would normally have. Stopped off at Knutsford Services en route.

M6 north was slow as expected from Junction 16 northbound. Wasn't really able to go much faster than 40mph for the whole journey, often going slower than that.

Still going off the comments from the Blades forums many of them have had true 'nightmare' journeys that they won't be forgetting any time soon.

Is the snow different than it used to be?

Do gritters need a months warning of snow before they can get out of the depots?

I realise more cars are on the roads but everything seems to come to a grinding halt with a couple of inches of white feathers... or is my memory of winters past faulty?

Is the snow different than it used to be?

Do gritters need a months warning of snow before they can get out of the depots?

I realise more cars are on the roads but everything seems to come to a grinding halt with a couple of inches of white feathers... or is my memory of winters past faulty?

There was plenty of warning but perhaps the council had a labour shortage on Boxing Day?

I drove back to the Wirral with my son and his Australian girlfriend who was experiencing this type of weather for the first time. I was lucky to have parked away from the ground and was able to get on the A500 and then M6 ok. But the snow made the journey home very difficult and it was very tiring because of the concentration needed as lanes disappeared and the precise conditions changed from place to place. The standard of driving was generally good with only a few people with no sense about. Quite an extra ordinary day - miserable light rain, heavy rain, snow etc.

Archived