onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Turnstile Fiasco

it's already been an expensive investment, the money's spent and gone. he's not going to get it back anyway.

Smurf was retired and could of enjoyed his money.

Instead he's taken over a struggling club with ungrateful fans who don't attend matches. But they're happy to sit at a keyboard pontificating about how it should be run, moaning and whinging about anything and everything that wrong.

He's invested his money and time, how about the so called fans investing a little time and money by actually attending a match.

stand up if you love the Vale? how about singing turn up if you love the Vale.

People are making valid comments about the problem of queuing up due to a problem with a ticket scanner at the turnstile.Now the best solution in this case was for the operator to just let the person with the card through the turnstile.Anyone with bigger IQ than a half glass of water should have realised that.Smurf has said that he Didnt know about the problem till after the match.Someone should have informed him about this problem(probably not a lot he could do but he should have still been informed)Smurf has apologised and said that heads will roll.So this would indicate that he himself is not happy as well as the fans.Do you really think it is good for season ticket holders to be told to go queue in another queue to get another ticket to then get into another queue to then get into the groung?

Advert

I was not made aware of the problem until after the game. Sadly common sense did not prevail,the operators should of just let ST in and tear off the stub on the tickets as the turnstile monitors would have recorded the numbers going through the turnstiles

The staff in question will be dealt with Monday

SMURF

Perhaps ask the question who authorised the tannoy announcement without telling you there was a problem until after the game.

melv my original post was to Skinty about turning up at 10 to 3. The post your commenting on was in reply to Geo suggesting, Smurf would lose too much money on a temper tantrum. Rather than a considered reaction to all the **** he gets on here.

No I don't think the stewards or anyone else should have made you queue up twice to get in, as a season ticket holder you already have your ticket / card entitling you to enter the ground.

When I arrived at the ground gate 13 near the car park was shut and we were told the scanner was out of action. This was at 2.35 we walked up to the gate opposite the ticket office and were scanned in with no queing. If fans turn up at 10 to 3 on the first match for a month, for a match that could / should have had a much bigger attendance what do you expect?

Here is my take on yesterday. Season ticket holder for the ground and the car park. Parked up behind the railway stand at 2.40. Noticed a large queue (60-70 yards) of people waiting to access the railway stand with my normal paddock turnstile shut along with the one around the corner.

2 young stewards standing there chatting with each other but giving out no instruction to fans who hadn't got a clue what was happening. I joined this queue as I assumed you would be allowed to get through to the paddock and having looked around the corner by the shop the queue was stretching onto Hamil road! People in the queue with me also though they could get to the paddock.

At this point I could see people being turned away at the turnstile. I heard them say as they passed me that they had got to go round to the turnstile by the shop to get into the paddock. It was now 2.50 and I was still 40 yards from the entrance. At least 7-8 people around me then decided to join the queue by the shop that was even longer (swelled by people having to get match tickets from the shop!) The stewards were still standing there chatting and doing absolutely nothing to assist some very bewildered fans. I saw some very angry and hacked off people several of which just carried on walking out of the ground.

Listening to comments around me people were not happy about the recurring shambles at the turnstiles over the last few weeks. It was beginning to turn nasty as people started to push in. Kids were getting upset, surely they must delay the kick off we thought as at a conservative estimate there must have been 500-600 people now waiting to get in. But no we hear the players come out and the match begins. At this point more people just give up in the queue and walk off. Police filming us in the queue with hand held cameras, they were having a right laugh!

Eventually at 3.15 I get into the ground. No apology, stewards by the railway paddock huddled together shrugging their shoulders. What kind of message does that give.

This could have all been avoided with some organisation, proper stewarding and a couple of tannoys. I know things can go wrong (we do seem to have more than our fair share of problems with these scanners) but there seemed to be no back up plan. I'm used to it after watching Vale for 45 years but it's no wonder if people cannot be bothered to come and watch if yesterday's experience is anything to go by

Oh by the way, when I got in it was awful to watch but I'm used to that too

melv my original post was to Skinty about turning up at 10 to 3. The post your commenting on was in reply to Geo suggesting, Smurf would lose too much money on a temper tantrum. Rather than a considered reaction to all the **** he gets on here.

No I don't think the stewards or anyone else should have made you queue up twice to get in, as a season ticket holder you already have your ticket / card entitling you to enter the ground.

When I arrived at the ground gate 13 near the car park was shut and we were told the scanner was out of action. This was at 2.35 we walked up to the gate opposite the ticket office and were scanned in with no queing. If fans turn up at 10 to 3 on the first match for a month, for a match that could / should have had a much bigger attendance what do you expect?

I expect the ticket scanning system to do the job it is supposed to do.In the event that there is a problem such as this then I expect common sense to be used.Was it really to much to expect to open another turnstile to be opened to make the queue smaller and people get into the ground quicker.How about stewards informing people about the problem?

I was not made aware of the problem until after the game. Sadly common sense did not prevail,the operators should of just let ST in and tear off the stub on the tickets as the turnstile monitors would have recorded the numbers going through the turnstiles

SMURF

I appreciate the clarity of your response. Thank You, Norman

SMURF

Sounds like a training issue! Everything needs a plan B in case things beyond anyone's control go wrong. Let's put some action in place and move on.

Was it really to much to expect to open another turnstile to be opened to make the queue smaller and people get into the ground quicker.How about stewards informing people about the problem?

No I agree another turnstile should have been opened if the staff were available to open one.

I'm not saying there was or wasn't anyone available to do so.

My main point is it's so much easier to come on here and moan and want your money back as one poster already has, than come up with constructive criticism.

SMURF

I suggested something along those lines and received a blank look and was told we can't do that.

OK there were problems seems daft a system like that for the turnstiles as 1 spare scanner and that was broke, but its no good blaming the turnstile men they just use em. and blaming the stewards for the clubs short commings, is lame as well, both are always short of staff, if you think you are clever enough and could do better, ask to apply, and complain to the club Monday morning, instead of doing it on here. But those complaining, honestly if you had turned up a few mins earlier, those que's might not have been so long...

Queued for ages . Showed my ST. Was told to walk to a person with a scanner after going through the turnstile. Didn't and just went up to my seat. Loads must have done the same

I was wondering that, did people get into the ground and their ticket didn't register on the total attendance. I thought there was more than 5321 in the ground, though not as many as I was expecting for this game.

I was wondering that, did people get into the ground and their ticket didn't register on the total attendance. I thought there was more than 5321 in the ground, though not as many as I was expecting for this game.

That's what I was hinting at earlier in the thread.I thought there was at least a crowd of 6325.:shifty:

Archived