onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2014/15

For Us All

Advert

It is and the type of game that should be shown by the Beeb on FA Cup 3rd round day, what they were thinking putting Arsenal Vs Hull on last night I'll never know. I was bored senseless last night but couldn't muster the enthusiasm to watch it.

It would have made sense if it was on ITV, as the decision would have been driven by the value of adverts during the breaks. In the end, it was nothing less than the BBC sucking up to the Premier League "brand" and trying to reinforce the obsession with it.

The game seemed to be played out in almost total silence. It was a shocking decision when there were so many more interesting ties to show - Blyth v Brum, Stoke v Wrexham, Rochdale v Forest etc.

The FA Cup is pretty much over for me this season - the highlights were Warrington v Exeter and Hartlepools v Blyth. Chuck in the five-day span of this year's 3rd round and the semis being at Wembley and you can see why it's lost its appeal for lots of people.

I think it's lost a lot of it's appeal because their doesn't seem to be any real giant-killing acts these days.I can't see a non-league team ever beating a Premier League team again.The closest we will get is someone like Sheff.Utd going to QPR and winning and was that really a shock?

So much live football on TV these days..the FA cup final used to be a real TV highlight of the year and so there was something very special about the whole tournement....but no longer.

Plus as has been said giant killings seem rarer these days

Good point,there are so many games televised over Xmas that when the FA Cup comes around,everybody including the players has had enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Had that been Liverpool only getting a 0-0 draw at Cambridge and Balotelli firing blanks as 'world-class' Falcao did then the same three or four vultures would have been out in force on here.

United's tempo is so slow that it's painful to watch even for neutrals at times. Huge credit to a very organized and well drilled Cambridge side though.

Had that been Liverpool only getting a 0-0 draw at Cambridge and Balotelli firing blanks as 'world-class' Falcao did then the same three or four vultures would have been out in force on here.

United's tempo is so slow that it's painful to watch even for neutrals at times. Huge credit to a very organized and well drilled Cambridge side though.

It's probably because we don't have an obsessed United fan posting bilge about how great they are all the time ;)

It's probably because we don't have an obsessed United fan posting bilge about how great they are all the time ;)

But that's just it though. The notion seems to be here that I'm so biased and can't accept criticism, which is nonsense. But I always stood by my opinion that Liverpool didn't suddenly just become a poor team, and that once certain players found there feet, along with the whole club adapting to losing Suarez who was irreplaceable, that they would be alright. Things should and will only get better once Sturridge is back in the side too, though obviously how his season has gone so far you will never be quite sure until he's actually on the pitch.

Archived