onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA Cup 2014/15

For Us All

Villa were beaten by a better side on the day and were possibly overawed by the occasion but did well to get there and I'm sure have learned form the experience. Walcott's goal was a master class in how to turn up on time in the penalty area and to shoot first time even with the weaker foot. I hope our strikers and coaches were watching. Up to that point Arsenal were getting more possession but doing nothing with it.

Advert

Silly 5.30 KO..What's happened to the traditional 3.00 KO.? Greedy tv companies..

Greg Dyke said "Football has moved on and it will never go back to 3pm kick-off".

He then said that it suits worldwide TV audiences to have a 5.30pm kick-off.

Considering police often insist on midday kick-offs for local derbies that attract much smaller crowds than Wembley finals, it's a mystery why this 5.30 business is allowed.

Alcohol consumption must be a big problem with that kick-off time.

Never mind, at least some Premier League "fans" in Kuala Lumpur get to see the game at a time to suit them!

Villa were beaten by a better side on the day and were possibly overawed by the occasion but did well to get there and I'm sure have learned form the experience. Walcott's goal was a master class in how to turn up on time in the penalty area and to shoot first time even with the weaker foot. I hope our strikers and coaches were watching. Up to that point Arsenal were getting more possession but doing nothing with it.

Did well to get there?

1-0 Vs Blackpool, 2-1 Vs Bournemouth, Leicester, West Brom all at home then scraped a win against an out of form Liverpool. It was certainly an education for them but something like this just highlights the difference in class between the teams.

THat has to be the most one sided FA Cup final ever.....so not one shot on target or off target and not one corner for Villa....how bad must Liverpool be

To have lost to that lot then again 6-1 against Stoke.

Counting the chances and goalmouth action....Koscielny had two free headers in the six yard box...Ramsey had a couple of great chances...that early

Pull back form Santi and later shot on goal also...Walcott had a couple of chances....two world class saves.....but four goals and it should have been five or six even....Arsenal were superb and a class above...simply peerless...great football....but they'll still need to buy a keeper/centre back/holding midfielder and most importantly a world class striker to compete with boring boring Chelsea.

In my lifetime, apart from a few exceptions, the FA Cup final has been a non-event and yesterday's was true to form. As a kid I watched the whole caboodle from 9 00am in the morning 'til it went off at ca 6 00pm, from the coaches on the way to Wembley to the anticlimax of the game itself, I guess it's tradition to watch it.

Greg Dyke said "Football has moved on and it will never go back to 3pm kick-off".

He then said that it suits worldwide TV audiences to have a 5.30pm kick-off.

Considering police often insist on midday kick-offs for local derbies that attract much smaller crowds than Wembley finals, it's a mystery why this 5.30 business is allowed.

Alcohol consumption must be a big problem with that kick-off time.

Never mind, at least some Premier League "fans" in Kuala Lumpur get to see the game at a time to suit them!

This is what I don't understand, who does the 530 kick off suit? At 530 BST, this is what it is around the world:

Miami, Florida - 1230

San Francisco, California - 0930

Dubai - 2030

Kuala Lumpur - 0330

So the Asian market will be asleep, the American market having their lunch. So who benefits from it, the Middle East?!

The FAs argument makes no sense.

Archived