onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local food hygiene ratings.

For Us All

What on earth has immigration got to do with a thread on food standards locally?

Carlllll by your very own admission you don't intergrate with 'them' as you drive everywhere to avoid 'them'. How the hell are they supposed to intergrate with you!? Actually moving that thought process forward surely these foreigners who you lay the blame at for this (even though you are totally wrong) surely want to intergrate by setting up businesses in the local community and provide services! You've totally and utterly defeated your own logic.

So you blame this issue on 'foreign friends', you don't know any of the business owners, don't know their ethnicity, haven't read or researched the article but are sure it's them damn foreigners. That's the very definition of a racism which is completely out of control.

Thats a far better argument than ner ner na ner ner

Integration is a dangerous thing, look what its done to me. :laugh:

Advert

I disagree about it's not the councils fault somebody at the planning department must be on the take they are ruining smallthorne all the shops that have been turned into kebab shops have had to apply to the council for a change of use 8 ****** takeaways the people of smallthorne are sick of it to be fair

Well I won't comment on how the people of Smallthorne feel...I've nothing to base any comments on

They'd have to have good grounds to turn down an application to open a kebab shop; maybe the alternative is empty premises or an abundance of charity shops and they decided kebab shops are "better"? Plus surely is it the people of Smallthorne that use them? Although i dare say a few passing thru oin their way to Bradeley, Norton etc also partake..there must be the demand or they would not survive. However, they should tske into account the nagative impact on the local community too

Start your own business then?

Isn't the chippy at the bottom of Smallthorne bank still there?

It is indeed (well it was last time I drove by)

If there was demand for 8 chip shops in the Smallthorne area there would be 8 chip shops in the Smallthorne area..there aren't because there isn't. Some people seem to want to dictate to people what choices they should have (and indeed what choices they should make)

i know it's way out of area but the black country museum have an old fashioned chippy who still do the fish and chips in beef dripping, out of this world, ,

Wow..thought the food safety police would have banned that. There is one in Beer, East Devon that whilst it does not use dripping does do fabulous chips, potatoes peeled and cut by hand, done in a proper fryer, fish caught off Beer Head that day (often) and fantastic Spam fritters. Whenever family are down from Stoke or Manchester a trip there to eat their fish and chips or spam fritter and chips on the beach is a must.

Norton chippy was good many years ago; a mixture in your own pyrex dish!! Heaven!!!!

I speak about the general consensus towards immigration in this country. You obviously are not aware of the growing anger towards the attitude of authorities in terms of immigration.

I think most people are aware and are rightly very concerned about immigration levels..but that's no reason to have an attitude towards the immigrants themselves

The inverted commas thing was a part of sarcastic statement which addresses a section (very significant one) of our community that do not intergrate with us as host citizens.

But for all you know the possibly foreign owners of these establishments (and none of them may be foreign, they might all be Britosh) may well be very well integrated into their local community...you don't seem to treat them as individuals but lump them all together based solely on their ethnicity.

I have no idea if they are typical or not but for example the people who run the kebab shop here employ local people, they are scrupulous about cleaning up around their premises, they are fastidious when it comes to late night noise, they participate in the annual music festival, the owner is on the chamber of commerce, I chat to them in the street exchanging cheery waves as we pass each other..etc. I dare say others don't integrate but that's their choice..it's not compulsory and nor should it be .

But he's entitled to those views as you and others are to challenge them but the posts went above and beyond that into mocking, making fun and ganging up. .

Then report them and let then mods decide..it's not for you to decide (but you are entitled to your opinion)

He is indeed entitled to those views and no one as far as I am aware has for example called for him to be banned or anything similar

Mocking and making fun are perfectly legitimate ways of expressing ones opinions..although in this case I think calling it satire is more appropriate..I give you Citizen Carl as the prime example.

As for ganging up..are you suggesting collusion? Are you suggesting that cos others share the same veiws as me on someone's posts and have expressed them on here that I shluld not express my opinion as some might (wrongly) see it as bullying? Are you saying I am not entitled to my views (and to post them here) because others have already expressed the same?

I don't belive the forum is hurt one jot..now insulting people as having only half a brain..that might do some harm

Which one is that..there are sooooooooo many in the Smallthorne area ;) Is the oatcake shop still there? Used to be a good chippy along the lane at the side of what was Kwik Save (I think)..still there? But the one at the bottom of Smallthorne bank has always been good

I seem to recall Fradleys Fisheries and Jimmy Wongs in the Ball Green area being rather good too

That end of the city was well served with chippys.

The extremist views of UKIP on aspects as wide as immigration (when it suits Nazi Nige and his German PA / wife)

UKIP have no extremist views except they insist on restricting immigration to sensible levels. You might want every rag tag lowlife to come to the UK and make your businesses grow for the equivalent of 'dirt under a fingernail' and pay peanuts to achieve a companies growth-but I can assure you thousands don't.

Many working people will object to this, and will say- 'we want safer streets we want better paid jobs, we want a say in where money is spent

And too right too. It is their country.

'

Tories will deliver on NONE of these-UKIP WILL and thankfully TORIES will struggle to hold onto power next May.

Do you not think it is in the interests of the vast majority of people in the Uk that business thrives? Where will jobs and tax revenues come from if our govt isn't pro business?

They do not represent working people's interests and working people are the very life blood that makes a business ****. I think I speak for at least 80% of the working population- we have had enough

Therefore the Tories are currently by default the best this country has as an option.

Say that to the thousands of families forced to work and live on the breadline- that is one of the most out of touch statements I have heard on this forum. I would understand it if I supported a team from the home counties, but to hear it on a PortVale website where most of our support is working class I bet that statement has angered a few people.

Take a deep breath good people of Stoke on Trent- you can get your revenge in May.

...You might want every rag tag lowlife to come to the UK and make your businesses grow for the equivalent of 'dirt under a fingernail' and pay peanuts to achieve a companies growth...

Wow, that's heavy Carl.

I can understand folks being unhappy that the global labour market is cutting into national economies, but sadly to say the Top End of Town is global and, as I see it, is more that capable of overriding national political aspirations - no matter which party is in power.

Archived