onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Local food hygiene ratings.

For Us All

Many working people will object to this,

Why will they?

and will say- 'we want safer streets

crime is committed by criminals, yobs and thugs are just that and crime has no colour/racial/religious discrimination

we want better paid jobs,

There is a strong possibility that immigrants take the jobs no one else wants because they want to work, there are numerous factors to increasing minimum payments/salaries, the money to pay the minimum has to be gained from somewhere... or do the "working class" presume that it can be just printed when implemented.

we want a say in where money is spent

Isnt that what they vote for at an election?... local and national.... isnt that whats in every political manifesto? what will be spent where and sometimes where it will come from...

This "working class" myth should have died with old labour, it hasnt existed in the terms you describe it for quite some time.

Anyone who is in the country legally and by right can and should say.... its my country too

Advert

Wow, that's heavy Carl.

I can understand folks being unhappy that the global labour market is cutting into national economies, but sadly to say the Top End of Town is global and, as I see it, is more that capable of overriding national political aspirations - no matter which party is in power.

It's also ridiculous for people to want a situation where any foreign person can come to the UK start claiming benefits or look for a job- jobs which are few and far between in this country whilst in the meantime we have under two million of our own people on the scrapheap.

I apologise if I came across too heavy.

Say that to the thousands of families forced to work and live on the breadline- that is one of the most out of touch statements I have heard on this forum. I would understand it if I supported a team from the home counties, but to hear it on a PortVale website where most of our support is working class I bet that statement has angered a few people.

Take a deep breath good people of Stoke on Trent- you can get your revenge in May.

Are people who are not working class allowed to be vale supporters?.. are they allowed an opinion?.. what about those born into poverty who dragged themselves out of it... can they be from SoT? be a vale supporter? have an opinion?

Labour is having problems in scotland, the tories died there a while ago.... therefore labour could lose a considerable number of its seats in the commons... ukip [at present] seems to be taking more votes from labour than any other party proportionally... therefore labour could lose some english seats to ukip... as labour weakens the tories strengthen by not weakening as much and the distance between the parties increases... ukip will not gain enough seats to gain any control or, I doubt, hold the balance of power... therefore

Therefore the Tories are currently by default the best this country has as an option.

could be an accurate statement.

Are people who are not working class allowed to be vale supporters?.. are they allowed an opinion?.. what about those born into poverty who dragged themselves out of it... can they be from SoT? be a vale supporter? have an opinion?

Labour is having problems in scotland, the tories died there a while ago.... therefore labour could lose a considerable number of its seats in the commons... ukip [at present] seems to be taking more votes from labour than any other party proportionally... therefore labour could lose some english seats to ukip... as labour weakens the tories strengthen by not weakening as much and the distance between the parties increases... ukip will not gain enough seats to gain any control or, I doubt, hold the balance of power... therefore

could be an accurate statement.

As I said, say that to the hundreds of thousands of working class to middle class people. To say tories are an option for the majority is ridiculous.

People's vote in May will be your evidence.

I think I speak for at least 80% of the working population

if 80% of the people vote in may it will be a miracle... but if your statement is correct and 80% of the population [who you speak for] vote for any party they will have a landslide victory never seen in the uk... a greater majority has happened in other countries [i think] stalins russia... maos china... and hitlers germany... but I dont think they were a free vote

As geo said. I will make 2 predictions about the general election in May. Turnout will be between 60-70%. The 2 parties returning the most MPs will be Conservative & Labour.

I doubt the turnout will be that high... but carl predicts 80% voting for one party... who knew?

Stoke-on-Trent Central 53.23

Stoke-on-Trent North 55.79

Stoke-on-Trent South 58.58

You could well be correct, but I suspect apathy will take hold

Dear oh dear anything to discredit an anti-tory remark

Do you really think I was referring to one area?- working class/middle class/ upper middle class/ upperclass- which has the highest proportion in the UK

You will find the upper class are very much the minority and the middle smaller than the lower.

Besides, the turnouts at the next General Election will almost certainly be higher? Why? Because there is now a serious third contender and at last a voice for many people who have become disillusioned with the mainstream parties.

So all your stats, wont mean anything this time i'm afraid.

You could well be correct, but I suspect apathy will take hold

It has been disappointing that many people don't bother to turn out to vote but I think UKIP are the party to offer many people apathy (seeing as you mention it)

Apathy of having no voice apathy of being isolated in increasingly fragmented communities apathy of working long hours just to meet basic bills apathy of having people unfairly taxed because of having a spare room which many vulnerable people need and apathy because there are no alternate housing requirements which means they are stuck with the bedroom tax-many social housing taken because of the lack of housing due to immigration

Apathy because many cannot access NHS service that they badly need due to the strain on the National health service Apathythat many utility bills rocket due to overseas companies and green subsidies Apathy because the tory led government pour thousands into foreign aid whilst their own citizens struggle with austerity cuts and millions pumped into a European institution what no one person has the right to vote for

Dear oh dear anything to discredit an anti-tory remark

Do you really think I was referring to one area?- working class/middle class/ upper middle class/ upperclass- which has the highest proportion in the UK

You will find the upper class are very much the minority and the middle smaller than the lower.

Besides, the turnouts at the next General Election will almost certainly be higher? Why? Because there is now a serious third contender and at last a voice for many people who have become disillusioned with the mainstream parties.

So all your stats, wont mean anything this time i'm afraid.

You are an angry little man aren't you? All he did was prove you talk tripe! It simply illustrated that you are making your figures.

I honestly find the thought of fans of other teams looking at this forum and reading your comments embarrassing, with your 1970's attitudes and farcical statistics.

Archived