onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Scunthorpe 2 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Terrible. What has Streete got to do to get a game? I could understand it in the matches prior to this but really thought he'd play tonight.

I thought we were lucky to get a point. Scunthorpe were the better team with 11 and arguably the better with 10.

Not one Vale player was better than a 6/10.

I thought JMW sending off was very harsh. I thought, from my angle, the first was a penalty not a dive (although happy to be proven wrong by those with a better view, and I though he clearly won the ball for the second and was amazed the ref gave us a free kick let alone book him. Prior to that he had the beating of Dicko every single time, albeit he had zero end product.

Even considering the weather and the lure of champions league football the attendance was embarrassing.

Thoroughly depressing. I really expected better after the last 2 home games.

Advert

Yes REP and with a young Prem defender who not only helped keep a clean sheet against Man Utd under 21s but scored two headers at the other end as well. But hey ho that was only Man It's not the mighty Scunthorpe United .... for 'sucks sake Page clearly isn't a Manager. Full stop.

It was Arsenal actually, Dave, but your point is valid. What exactly is the point of bringing in a lad like Streete and sitting him on our bench? It makes no sense at all and why would other teams loan players to us if that is our attitude. We keep playing with the same back four and we keep letting in goals. Page has got to make some big decisions before Saturday and the first one should be to drop Dickinson. Once again their first goal came from a cross from our left that wasn't cut out and their second came as a result of a stupid free kick given away by Dickinson.

We were poor in the second half and a draw was all we deserved.

Really feel sorry for Norman. Overspend already on wages budget but if he doesn't pay off the current management team we are heading back to league 2 because Norman we haven't kept a clean sheet all season - after 14 games it's not going to suddenly and magically improve with the current incumbents. You have bought in a young Prem defender and your temporary Manager has chosen not to play him. Now the choice is yours.

This season is panning out the same as when our Chairman last said we have given the manager a promotion budget.

That was back to Adams' back 4 and it showed as the whole team was lacking in confidence and was back to the " lump it to Pope" tactic.

Our inability to defend is costly. We missed Zubar, who although nothing special, attacks the ball. Duffy and mcgivern just aren't good enough. Dicko was terrible. The amount of times he let JMW cut inside him and was miles away from him in his starting position. As soon as Dodds went off Dickinson was even worse!

Williamson, other than his goal, did nothing. Grew has ruined neal like he does every keeper. Clean sweep needed in the coaching staff. Although it's been better under Page it's still clear that the signings and the coaching is not good enough.

Why sign all these loan players and not play any of them? Why not sign 2 players that are good enough to start? We don't need 30 crap or inexperienced players, just 11- 15 quality players. Streete can't be any worse than mcgivern or Duffy though. Yates couldn't cross a road today.

If we can't beat the teams around us, when they only have 10 men and at home, then we will go down. Simple as that.

I thought JMW sending off was very harsh. I thought, from my angle, the first was a penalty not a dive (although happy to be proven wrong by those with a better view,

I thought it was a pen as well, George. It looked very much as if Dickinson had caught him to me.

Marshall was being marked all the time by 2 or 3 players according to RS. They saw him as a threat and he was, so why could our midfield and strikers not find the space he was creating by taking players with him on runs????

Saturday Page will have the same back 4 - does he not watch the same matches as the fans - the defence does not work. Why have loan signings and not use them? Duffy was causing problems tonight for us and Dicko was the same.

Loose on Saturday and Page is back as second in command. New manager coming in. Oh yes - we don't have a plan A, B or C, so Page will be our new manager.

Very poor performance against a poor team who player 30 mins with 10 men. Never looked like winning and we didn't look dangerous at all.

If we fail to win on Saturday then my mind will be made up on Page. At the moment I would prefer to see another manager brought in.

Streete needs to start for Duffy on Saturday, and I would drop Dodds who was, again, anonymous. Give the new lad a go up front while we're at it.

Dicko out , Duffy out , Yates out please . Greenige in streete in vesseli in . Our defence is as poor as I can remember , utter garbage . If we need to score 3 goals every time to try and win a match we are as good as relegated . Up until tonight I felt as though performances were improving but tonight was total pants . Lose on Saturday and I think it will mean a new manager and s clean sweep of staff . Unfortunately ATM with this back four we will be relegated no doubt .

I was prepared to give Page a chance but he's doing himself out of a job quickly. What is the point of having six players on loan and with five eligible, not one is in the starting eleven? We know Smurf has had a big hand in these players but Page must have had his say and if they are not getting into a side in the bottom four, why are they here? We've still not had a clean sheet this season and yet Page still picks the same back four that concedes generally two goals a game. A win on Saturday and he probably still gets the job but at the moment he's making the same mistakes as his predecessor and he's become Adams part two rather than his own man.

Archived