onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale 2 Scunthorpe 2 Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

I'm disappointed that Page seems to have done so little to stamp his mark in this interim period.

I thought that we were woeful for 75% of the match tonight. It could have been Micky wearing a Page tracksuit.

Time for total change at Club before it's too late.

It has to be Aspin.

Advert

Spot on. if part timers have to rush home from work , gulp a bit of tea, walk half way round the ground (and back again) in the pouring rain to get a ticket to watch a collection of colanders and dustbins they may not bother.

I understand that maybe the reason for no cash turnstiles is "fiddling" by operators in the past, but all smurf needs to do is man some turnstiles with people he can trust, maybe existing ticket office staff. Just a suggestion.

I'm disappointed that Page seems to have done so little to stamp his mark in this interim period.

I thought that we were woeful for 75% of the match tonight. It could have been Micky wearing a Page tracksuit.

Time for total change at Club before it's too late.

It has to be Aspin.

I'm not convinced about appointing ex players.

I understand that maybe the reason for no cash turnstiles is "fiddling" by operators in the past, but all smurf needs to do is man some turnstiles with people he can trust, maybe existing ticket office staff. Just a suggestion.

About half the fanbase didn't turn up tonight. It would be hard for anyone to fiddle that much without a Securicor van.

It's no good picking on individual players. The truth is the lot with perhaps one or two exceptions were rubbish. The back four were frightening and Williamson scored but that apart he was anonymous. Popey was kept quiet by a good centre half and Marshall though he still works hard is far too greedy most of the time. Page has brought nothing new to the table so mustn't get the manager's job or I fear we are doomed. Only Neal, O'Connor and Lines looked half decent.

Williamson scored. At least give him some credit.

Pope was invisible AND didn't score.

Dodds is a joke. I almost felt sorry for him tonight.

Dodds is lucky to be at the club still. He's nowhere near League One level, and neither are any of our defenders who started tonight. The thing is, Dodds will probably have a decent game soon as he usually does every 5 or 6 games, and there'll be a few on here raving about him and insisting that he should be in the starting 11 every week. Crazy. He's a player that doesn't really have any attributes other than a decent finish, but as he's not a forward the amount of chances he has is very limited. He was quite young when he joined the club and has been at Vale for a number of years now, yet nobody can realistically make a case and say that he has improved at all.

Because we are so bad at the back the front two have largely escaped criticism but I thought both of them were shocking tonight.

Yes I know that BW scored a goal but after that he disappeared totally from the game, losing possession countless times. He ought to have been subbed at half time. Pope was almost as bad though he had a couple of strong lads watching him all night.

But the front two did not hold onto the ball (as they did), allowing us to move up the pitch. They gave it away time after time. I wouldn't give either of them more than 4/10 tonight.

Dodds is lucky to be at the club still. He's nowhere near League One level, and neither are any of our defenders who started tonight. The thing is, Dodds will probably have a decent game soon as he usually does every 5 or 6 games, and there'll be a few on here raving about him and insisting that he should be in the starting 11 every week. Crazy. He's a player that doesn't really have any attributes other than a decent finish, but as he's not a forward the amount of chances he has is very limited. He was quite young when he joined the club and has been at Vale for a number of years now, yet nobody can realistically make a case and say that he has improved at all.

He has a decent finish but how many has he scored or set up this season?

That's because he hasn't improved, he's just coasted. Don't go telling his fanatics though!

two teams desperate for points,a game played in atrocious conditions,a nailed on draw imho.

Losing the game 0-1 at home when the other team is down to 10 men isn't acceptable in my opinion.

We should have brought on the likes of Moore and even Slew at 2-1 to hit them on the counter when they pushed players forward to try and snatch something. Okay, Birchall scored when coming on but nobody can say that it was some kind of master-stroke by Page.

Archived