onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vale's best FA Cup goals

mr.hobblesworth

It wasn't the best but as the most important Kevin Finney in 1988 against Macclesfield it virtually was the start of our glory years. I dread to think where we would be without that goal.

Class wise it has to be Ray Walker against Spurs. I was behind the shot in the paddock and the bend and swerve were amazing TV in that day didn't do it justice.

Oh happy happy days

Advert

Foyle's last minuter against Stoke in the 3-1 was so good. The way he just lifted it over the keeper to avoid a second Regis moment was superb.

I also like Derek Brownbill's last minute equaliser at Grantham when he was miles offside but the liner didn't dare disallow it because he was absolutely surround by Vale fans!

Was in my teenage years for this game, brownbill was well offside, but when he scored the vale fans went on the pitch where the ref and linesman were discussing to allow the goal or not , surrounded by vale fans (I was one of them) .ref had no choice but to point to centre spot with so many vale fans on the pitch. Grantham were robbed that day and vale went onto win the monday night replay 2 days later

Foyle's at Goodison..areal quality goal that never seems to get mentioned

Agree, an excellent team goal. Guppy finds Naylor and then the way he plays it across to Foyle with the outside of his foot was brilliant!

Although not FA Cup another one was away at Wolves circa 96 I think Walker's long ball over to Guppy whose cross was for Naylor to nodd in from close range, 2 inch perfect passes to complete a fantastic move!

Them was the days as they say!:D

Tankard v Huddersfield, although the TV footage didn't do it justice.

Was that the 20/25yard volley in the final few mins?

I think I remember that match. Warnock's Huddersfield played 2-4-4 and man marked totally destroying any chance of any football being played. Tankard's goal wasn't just a goal for Vale, it was a goal for morale of football fans the world over.

I may have over stated that a tad.

One of the best was Nicky Cross away at Derby in 89-90, great counter attack when Darren Hughes ran from one end to the other and crossed for Cross who slammed it in to put us 3-1 up. Happy days.
what a night that was, Derby expected around 2,500 Vale fans to turn up, god they had a shock when they saw how many of us attended. Mega night.

Was Ian Taylor's incredible overhead back heel against Fulham an FA Cup goal?

If it was I would go for that, otherwise my favourite top three would be;

1. Walker against Spurs after Gary Ford's brilliant swallow dive!

2. Foyle's 2nd against Stoke on that incredible night.

3. McCarthy's brilliant winner against Everton after Gupps superb cross.

Archived