onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Estonia v England

For Us All

His reputation is largely based on that 4-1 against Holland. He played virtually every game as manager at home and still won less than half of them. In '96 his team drew against Switzerland who didn't qualify from the group, had a win against Scotland which could have been oh so different if McAllister hadn't missed that penalty then only got through against Spain because of a disallowed goal that shouldn't have been disallowed.

But what are we supposed to judge him on as an England manger other than the competitive matches? Esp the matches against the better opposition

The draw against the Swiss was a result of a dodgy penalty against us, the win against Scotland was a result of one good team goal, one wonder goal and a tactical change in bringing Redknapp on..and as to the penalty well if it could have been so different it could have been so different had that dodgy Swiss penalty not been given

I acknowledge against Spain we rode our luck..if only other Engladn managers had been so lucky :)

I don't include anything about his club record in judging him as an England manager

Advert

I don't include anything about his club record in judging him as an England manager

I accept that but if you are judging his international record on the basis of five competitive games all played on home soil there it's not a lot of evidence on which to base you assessment. I thought adding a bit of extra evidence might help!

A few games ago England beat a team 2-0 ranked 10th in the World on their own patch containing one of Europe's most highly rated players.:)

Who shaqiri? Now he's over rated not ronaldo! Switzerland showing how good they really are after losing there second match. The reason Switzerland are ranked so high is because they have been playing lesser sides for a while; no way are they a top 10 side.

I accept that but if you are judging his international record on the basis of five competitive games all played on home soil there it's not a lot of evidence on which to base you assessment.

Any international manager can only be judged on his record..are you saying we can't make a judgement on venables as an international manager?

I thought adding a bit of extra evidence might help!

Nah :)

Mind you his club record aint so bad...promotion with Palace and QPR, league title (first in a while) with Barca, won things with Spurs...probably more his rep amongst players for his tactical nouse and getting the best out of them means more than what he actualy won; he's no Ferguson re what he has won. He's not some great pretender like twitchy either.

How can Sterling be tired when it's only October already. Maybe it's all that flapping of his arms when he's running.

I wouldn't be too hard on England though. A good win in Switzerland , and an even better win in Estonia, a very difficult place to get anything. San Marino and Gibraltar aside, there are no easy games anymore. So it's a very good start by England imo.

I love all the know it all's on this site. Acting like they know everything about anything despite the fact that what a few actually do know you could fit inside a Black Jack wrapper. This is not so much aimed at you personally, by the way. :D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/9517817/european-qualifiers-roy-hodgson-branded-a-dinosaur-over-raheem-sterling-tiredness-row

I'd rather listen to a guy who actually works at the highest level in football than a few numtpies silly opinion's on this site.

I love all the know it all's on this site. Acting like they know everything about anything despite the fact that what a few actually do know you could fit inside a Black Jack wrapper. This is not so much aimed at you personally, by the way. :D

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/9517817/european-qualifiers-roy-hodgson-branded-a-dinosaur-over-raheem-sterling-tiredness-row

I'd rather listen to a guy who actually works at the highest level in football than a few numtpies silly opinion's on this site.

Yes Beechy,Woy talks a lot of sense.Will we see Sterling and Sturridge this weekend?

Archived