onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford 1 Port Vale 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Id personally like to see us go to Fleetwood and win, looking at the table, there not far ahead of us in terms on points, and that's with our 6 consecutive losses. These are nothing special and I hope we can build on today and win.

I didn't realise that Fleetwood have only got 4 points from the last 7 league games.I think we can get something there.

Advert

Good performance today. Where did that three minutes added come from in the first half and why did the ref add a further minute on to allow them to score? Shame that. Neal was only called on to make one great save in the game because they did offer a great deal up front, expecially in the first half. Without Hanson and Wells they looked a bit powder puff. Slew struggled and Pope was getting assaulted by Rootis every time he went near the ball. Duffy and McGiven were both excellent. I'll take a point thank you very much.

Why must some people have a dig at players who give their all for the team. Dodds not only gave valuable support to Yates in defence (one interception shortly before their goal was unbelievable) but also supported the front two, yet was once more substituted. When will he be allowed to play a full 90 minutes? AS for the full backs - they both had tricky opponents supported by full backs, yet the goal came from a foul committed in the centre of defence by a central defender. A good all round performance - not perfect - but a hard fought point that was well deserved.

Why must some people have a dig at players who give their all for the team. Dodds not only gave valuable support to Yates in defence (one interception shortly before their goal was unbelievable) but also supported the front two, yet was once more substituted. When will he be allowed to play a full 90 minutes? AS for the full backs - they both had tricky opponents supported by full backs, yet the goal came from a foul committed in the centre of defence by a central defender. A good all round performance - not perfect - but a hard fought point that was well deserved.

The central defender committed the foul and then went ballistic with the left side of the defence for letting the guy run and making the foul necessary.

"Absorbing" game with not a great deal of goalmouth action, but 100% commitment from the Vale. Thought Page got the tactics spot on of allowing Bradford to play in front of us and pressing Knott whenever he got the ball. As mentioned above, they look short of ideas without Hanson and Wells and they had nobody in the same league as Reach was last season. They largely resorted to long balls which the excellent McGivern headed away.

Bar that rickett against Bristol City, he has been a good signing, a long way off the donkey we were led to believe he was by his previous clubs. The midfield also worked very hard both defensively and going forward, and I was a bit disappointed to see Dodds taken off (unless he was injured). Williamson did well when he came on. Slew looked average at best again. I'm not sure he is any better than what we already have. Hopefully Campion can add something when he eventually gets fit.

Ref was poor, but for both sides. Not sure it was a penalty for us and not sure where the 4 minutes of injury time came from to allow them to score the equaliser.

I see their assistant manager is claiming they should have had a penalty. I hope he feels suitably embarrased when he looks at the DVD, sees the incident is well outside the box and isn't even a foul!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11738/9492806/parkin-ponders-penalty-decision

Didn't go but going off what was said on the radio and seeing his antics during other games when they have been on tv they were saying Parkinson was going mental at every decision

Didn't go but going off what was said on the radio and seeing his antics during other games when they have been on tv they were saying Parkinson was going mental at every decision

For the above "incident" which I think was probably a foul but was miles outside the area. Parkinson sprinted right down the pitch, level with the box to berate the linesman, the 4th official had to come and get involved too, Parkinson was actually stood on the pitch at one point level with our box.

The ref had very little control, think he missed a handball for us and then gave a soft one to make up for it, and then spent the rest of the game giving them everything. The treatment of Pope from their players/fans/the officials was disgraceful. I didn't see the incident where they apparently grabbed each other but the ref was absolutely dying to book Pope and I think he only awarded one freekick for a foul on him despite it happening all day.

Very inept from the officials.

Archived