onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 27th Sept 2014, Bradford City v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

You don't just keep the same 11 every time you win, we should be selecting a side to go at their weaknesses and go for the win. It may well be that the side to do that is the one on Saturday, or it could be one that includes Michael brown to strengthen the midfield. You can't just keep the same 11 every time you win.

Advert

I think u have too look at the strengths of the opposition.and decide who plays from there.

Keep it tight then as the game gets stretched go for it ,keep swapping sides Mark Marshall .

Its time we saw Byron Moore step up also although id leave him on the bench till 65/70 mins although u could play him as the second striker.

The performance generally was very good but me thinks Bradfords a very good side who put u under pressure all game.

Im.sure page will have worked them.out though as the other day putting Yates and Dodds was a masterstroke (.both were positive and did very well).

However there r many ways of beating the opposition.

Pope on sat was the only player who looked out of sorts so id go

Neal

Yates Duffy Robertson Mcgivern Dicko

Brown Lines Oconnor

Marshall Moore

Its a 5-3-2 which becomes 5-4-1 when they have the ball and 4-3 -3 with Oconnor been.told bomb on.and shoot when.we have it.

Slew and Pope and Dodds to be brought on during.the match once winning and looking comfortable.

no striker?? spain we aren't mate.

I think u have too look at the strengths of the opposition.and decide who plays from there.

Keep it tight then as the game gets stretched go for it ,keep swapping sides Mark Marshall .

Its time we saw Byron Moore step up also although id leave him on the bench till 65/70 mins although u could play him as the second striker.

The performance generally was very good but me thinks Bradfords a very good side who put u under pressure all game.

Im.sure page will have worked them.out though as the other day putting Yates and Dodds was a masterstroke (.both were positive and did very well).

Neal

Brown Lines Oconnor

Marshall Moore

Its a 5-3-2 which becomes 5-4-1 when they have the ball and 4-3 -3 with Oconnor been.told bomb on.and shoot when.we have it.

Slew and Pope and Dodds to be brought on during.the match once winning and looking comfortable.

Ah the old 'fake number nine' system, still keeping us entertained mate! ;)

puddled

A bit harsh. He's proposed a 5-5-0 system, which would probably produce a 5-0 defeat. I do look forward to VFIA's most creative and interesting team selections though.

Take out one of the 3 centre-backs and throw in Pope, Slew or even Williamson to start and it looks a decent team.

We need to play the same team for at least five consecutive matches to allow them to familiarise themselves with one another and develop instinctive passing, runs off the ball, movement in space, defensive cover - in other words all the things on which successful football is based - team work.

I'd be delighted with a draw. A 0-0 bore draw would be nice. Bradford are a good side and we haven't kept a clean sheet this season. Winning would obviously be even better but a tough ask.

I have a similar view. This is a toughie in my book because although Bradford appear to be inconsistent they certainly have it in them to beat anyone in the division on their day. We'll need to play well, which I'm hoping we will!

Neal

Brown Lines Oconnor

Marshall Moore

I really look forward to reading your team selections and tactics. They are totally barking mad (in my humble opinion) but they do make me smile. Keep it up mate no disrespect intended!

We were terrible there last year. Micky let Dan Jones play the last half an hour clearly injured. We got battered and deserved to lose.

I've seen Bradford a couple of times this season and on their day are very good. They don't have a lot of width which means we have to be strong in the middle so Brown has to start for me.

I went to the Leeds game and was massively impressed with Meredith but I think Marshall will keep him quiet.

Hanson is a big loss for them as is Andrew Davies but with the likes of Knott and McLean I can't see a clean sheet for the Vale unfortunately.

Archived