onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 20th Sept 2014, Port Vale v Barnsley, pre match, match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

We seem to lurch from one starting X1 to the next every week - and I predict another 4-5 changes at the weekend.

I think he'll reinstate Johnson (for his height) and Robertson and hopefully try and sign a centre back on loan.

Elsewhere he needs to solve the problem of who plays in front of the back four to assist the defence. I don't think he can play both OC and Lines.

Up front I don't know what I would do. Pope is a bit out of sorts and certainly the three subs gave us a bit of pace and energy last night. Daft as it seems I wonder if Slew and BW would work together as both are quick.

Above all, we need to score first. That would give the team something to hold onto and hopefully raise their shattered confidence a little.

(I really am fairly sure in my mind that our central defenders are not good enough. Do you not think that McCombe, Chilvers or MacDonald would get a game in this team? That's how poor we are. Even Duffy was abysmal last night)

If the rumour is true that someone has to go out before a new face can come in, on current form who on Earth will take any of our players off our hands?

that's the issue, what we've got aint good enough and we need at least 2 quality defenders. Unless Smurf puts is hand in his pocket and lets be honest, no one expects him to as he's done enough, we wont be getting anyone.

We do not need to go 5 at the back at all.

We do not need to start this game, or any game with a defensive set up - as we aren't conceding goals from open play! The issue regarding set pieces isn't going to change overnight.

Go two up top, moore/marshall on the wings, brown o'connor in midfield. Why we signed o'connor and lines i'll never know when they're both good earners who play exactly the same position. I feel this money could've/should've been used to fund a big centre back who can head the ball!

We do not need to go 5 at the back at all.

We do not need to start this game, or any game with a defensive set up - as we aren't conceding goals from open play! The issue regarding set pieces isn't going to change overnight.

Go two up top, moore/marshall on the wings, brown o'connor in midfield. Why we signed o'connor and lines i'll never know when they're both good earners who play exactly the same position. I feel this money could've/should've been used to fund a big centre back who can head the ball!

We should ask Liam Chilvers to come down from radio Stoke and have a game!

What annoys me so much is fans saying we got lucky to get promoted and Adams is a average league 2 manager, he clearly isn't. Every clubs goes through a bad spell we can't expect to not go through a bad spell and sack the manager. Some of the players need to take the blame it isn't adams fault that McGivern couldn't judge the bounce of the ball or that they can't win headers what do you expect him to do?

Moving on to the Barnsley game in going for a 2-2 draw (Goals from Slew and Brown)and the starting 11 as follows:

Neal

Yates Robertson Duffy Dicko

Moore Brown O'Connor Marshall

Pope Slew

Yates,Slew and Marsahll were 3 of our better players against Crewe and shouldn't have been dropped as Marshall and slew were our only threat. Yates is steady and miles better than Vessili who looks out of his depth,also I would bring Robertson back in as most of our goals conceded have come from us losing headers in our own box and he wins them headers.

Archived