onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Billy Knott

andy jones

Agreed.

Greedy little sod who used us to get his career back on track and jumped ship at the first opportunity.

I wish people like him and Hughil no luck whatsoever, unlike players that have actually contributed to our success.

Get real! Virtually all players are mercenaries at heart, it is the rare few who have any loyalty to their clubs. Would you not move to a different job for more money or better working conditions? As I suggest, get real!

Advert

Makes it all the more crazy how many times griff played ahead of him when he first arrived with us.

I agree--I had exactly the same feelings. I doubt whether it would have made much difference to Billy's final decision, but it can't have helped for him to see Griff selected ahead of him so many times and he must have concluded that MA and the club didn't rate him that highly!

Good player, big loss for us.

We miss his tempo, energy, his ability to press high up the pitch, and his eye for goals like that.

How can he be a loss when we never had him?

Being on loan for a short period doesn't mean he was ever our player or doing anything other than advertising himself for a permanent job somewhere. Get over it.

Get real! Virtually all players are mercenaries at heart, it is the rare few who have any loyalty to their clubs. Would you not move to a different job for more money or better working conditions? As I suggest, get real!

You have a point but it doesn't make it right. Football is a rediculous industry in that now you only have to have a batch of 5-10 decent games before someone wants you or agents are whoring their players around.

Honestly I don't think I would unless I was unhappy in my job, money isn't the main motive for me as the two people from this site that I met abroad will testify as I gave up a tremendously well paid job and perks 3 years ago to go and initially volunteer and then work for a pittance for a travel company in Africa. I was fortunate after that to come back to the aforementioned job.

I recognise I would be in a minority in that case but players too have turned down offers, happiness is and should always be more important than money especially if people have a good life hence my views on the two greedy footballers who didn't contribute to our success.

Just seen this -

Well I have to say, we have got ourselves a fantastic player in Billy Knott. In all the games he's played so far, he's been one of, if not thee best player on the pitch. He was at it again at the weekend against Rochdale ....even they were complimentary regarding his performance. If he carries on like he is, we won't have him for long.

Thankfully, he's fit perfectly into our system, and he's loving his time here at the moment - he's definitely the fans favourate. His bird has moved into the area with him, and she's found herself a new job in Leeds, so things are all good in da hood!

Archived