onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Any New signings?

yorky valiant

Advert

I can remember on FIFA a few years ago, I was Bristol Rovers and Craig Disley played for them then. He was black!!! Couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw him in the flesh!! :D LOL

On FIFA 03 I had Jaap Stam with long ginger hair! :D

We need to sign some quality if we want to have a chance of reaching the top 7.

Haldane, Dodds, Taylor, Rigg all still here and they have not got 10 goals between them. This is the massive area we need to improve along with the centre midfield pairing of Griffith (1 goal) Roberts (2) Loft (3)

Still a few weeks yet but Micky will want to know if he can push the boat out a little extra and sign quality rather than mediocre mid table bottom half players at best.

Remember though that Dodds hasn't started many and has scored 7 goals. Rob Taylor and Rigg can score but haven't really shown that this season. Especially disappointed with Rob Taylor but hopefully if he starts enough games next season I reckon he can get around 10 goals. If our line up had Dodds on the right and Taylor on the left, starting every game next season I reckon there's 10 goals each there.

The central midfield is a problem however. Like you say Griff and Roberts haven't scored many but they are deep players. Loft should have scored a lot more. He's got a good work rate, which is much needed at this level, but as an attack minded midfielder he should be scoring more.

We shouldn't really expect goals from Haldane though. As a winger his shots are fairly poor, but he's got good pace, which is why he should really be on the bench, ready to tire teams out.

Just out of curiosity, from the top 4 teams last season does anyone know their goal scoring stats. Like how many goals came from midfield and such?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Disley

Scored 3 goals in 2 seasons for Shrewsbury. We've got enough central midfielders who don't score. He's scored 25 for rovers but thats over 5 seasons so 5 goals a season.

What's he like as a typical player though, goal scoring aside. How different is he from what we have: Griff (defensive), Roberts (playmaker), Loft (Attacking)

I think we are way short of having a squad that can push for promotion. How many of our players would scare any other team in league 2? None that I can think of. We have a competent back 4 who won't let many in, once Adam's has got them organized. We need at least 5/6 playes in who are significantly better than what we have. Effecive winger, striker, creative goal scoring midfielder, left back, right backwho can double up as centre half. Mininum. Let's not forget second half of last season we were relegation form, even after Gannon did one. Not optimsitic, hope I'm wrong.

We need Mark Richards to head for 30 goals next season. We need a second striker who who will get 20. We need a midfielder with 10-15 and two other midfielders threatening 10. We need 5 from each centre half and others in the squad chipping in with a goals against total of 40-45. To help we need someone who can cross and someone to take corners and free kicks. get all that and then we might be in business. Some of the names suggested as signings in the context of "he could do a job in league 2" depress me and won't deliver the above. Of course if we could sign Messi he would be good for 100-150 league goals at this level and problem solved.

We need Mark Richards to head for 30 goals next season. We need a second striker who who will get 20. We need a midfielder with 10-15 and two other midfielders threatening 10. We need 5 from each centre half and others in the squad chipping in with a goals against total of 40-45. To help we need someone who can cross and someone to take corners and free kicks. get all that and then we might be in business. Some of the names suggested as signings in the context of "he could do a job in league 2" depress me and won't deliver the above. Of course if we could sign Messi he would be good for 100-150 league goals at this level and problem solved.

So that's a new team then? (except for Richards). Mc Boom chipped in quite a few from centre half. Kris Taylor was the best crosser, dead ball player. I'm with you, depressed at the names mentioned with us. Just more dross. I Also don't think an inflow of money helps so much. It's more about being canny than blowing cash. Look at Bury last year. Like the idea of that Scottish striker who was mentioned. Otherwise, all jobsworths.

I think we aren't that far off. For me we need a good central midfielder and a good striker and we wont be far off.

Archived