onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lucky 7 agents meeting?

melv

Advert

most of the larger charities aren't allowed to accept cash, they want contributions via direct debit so perhaps this is whats happened to lucky seven.

That's a good point.But why then is a lot of it directed at just 1 person and Smurf would welcome them back IF that person resigned?

Thought that related to Vale in the Community.

Don't know if you were replying to me or not as you didn't quote anyone, but if it was me, the add.watch vale for free was for lucky 7 agents which has now been withdrawn but still being advertised.

This is what I was told happened.

Everybody was told that the meeting was due to take place at 1.30pm. Norman was apparently expecting everyone at 12.30pm and was surprised when nobody turned up. He is supposed to have said something to Signal Radio at around 12.45 along the lines of none of the lottery agents had dared to face him.

After an exchange of views via telephone, Norman did in the end agree to meet the agents at 1.30, the time he appears to have told everybody else although he may have meant to say 12.30.

Long and short of it is that the Lucky 7 agents will not get free season tickets this season as the club have withdrawn that part of the deal. I know that part of the confusion stems from it not being clearcut whether the agents would have earned this year's season ticket in arrears for the money collected during last season, or if their ticket would have been based on them hitting their targets as the season goes on. This is where it potentially gets a bit messy.

Norman did say though that he would offer them early bird prices and payment plans, including deducting the price of a walk up ticket for Saturday's game. Norman's maintains that Brian Lewis has known about all of this this since April and did not inform the Lucky Agents until last week. I am told that Brian's recollection of events differs from this.

I was there as an ex agent now and Santa has got it more or less right but we were greeted with "Brian Lewis hasn't got the guts to face you lot"He then went on to explain why the lottery was being stopped in its current form but it will be relaunched shortly with any agents willing to carry on or indeed any new agents to sign a contract at an agreed percentage,no season tickets given,he then launched into a tirade about us(collectors)probably being chased up by the tax authorities shortly as they had been in touch with Vale.It was also divulged that Lucky 7 doesn't stand for 7 chances to win but its shared between 7 clubs/organisations,the logic of that being if somebody wins a big prize ie £10,000 and the club can't pay it then the others chip in to pay the prize.I myself find this deceitful and had I have known this I would never have agreed to support it.The offer of "Early bird Tickets"was offered.Norman says he told Brian Lewis as far back as last April it had to finish,Brian Lewis says he was told in July but Norman says he was reminded(again) on July 10th it had to finish so I suppose that's where the confusion over the dates comes from,Norman also added he could prove the dates.I hope this has helped.

I was there as an ex agent now and Santa has got it more or less right but we were greeted with "Brian Lewis hasn't got the guts to face you lot"He then went on to explain why the lottery was being stopped in its current form but it will be relaunched shortly with any agents willing to carry on or indeed any new agents to sign a contract at an agreed percentage,no season tickets given,he then launched into a tirade about us(collectors)probably being chased up by the tax authorities shortly as they had been in touch with Vale.It was also divulged that Lucky 7 doesn't stand for 7 chances to win but its shared between 7 clubs/organisations,the logic of that being if somebody wins a big prize ie £10,000 and the club can't pay it then the others chip in to pay the prize.I myself find this deceitful and had I have known this I would never have agreed to support it.The offer of "Early bird Tickets"was offered.Norman says he told Brian Lewis as far back as last April it had to finish,Brian Lewis says he was told in July but Norman says he was reminded(again) on July 10th it had to finish so I suppose that's where the confusion over the dates comes from,Norman also added he could prove the dates.I hope this has helped.

Even if it was the 10th July (which I'm sure it wouldn't be if he can prove it as he probably did correspondence via email etc which is traceable) this begs two questions why weren't the agents told by their boss then and why wasn't their boss present at the meeting.

I like Brian, I did the job for him but to me he hasn't dealt with this well at all.

I asked the question a few days ago about declaring the income as taxable as indeed match officials are now directed to do. Whilst most can be offset presumably as expenses it could be uncomfortable if they haven't being doing.

This is what I was told happened.

Everybody was told that the meeting was due to take place at 1.30pm. Norman was apparently expecting everyone at 12.30pm and was surprised when nobody turned up. He is supposed to have said something to Signal Radio at around 12.45 along the lines of none of the lottery agents had dared to face him.

After an exchange of views via telephone, Norman did in the end agree to meet the agents at 1.30, the time he appears to have told everybody else although he may have meant to say 12.30.

Long and short of it is that the Lucky 7 agents will not get free season tickets this season as the club have withdrawn that part of the deal. I know that part of the confusion stems from it not being clearcut whether the agents would have earned this year's season ticket in arrears for the money collected during last season, or if their ticket would have been based on them hitting their targets as the season goes on. This is where it potentially gets a bit messy.

Norman did say though that he would offer them early bird prices and payment plans, including deducting the price of a walk up ticket for Saturday's game. Norman's maintains that Brian Lewis has known about all of this this since April and did not inform the Lucky Agents until last week. I am told that Brian's recollection of events differs from this.

So he offered the agents season tickets at early bird prices with payment plans. Trouble is he didn't tell the ticket office, who refused to sell such to an agent this morning!

he'll be spot on about the taxman - I'd suprised if they have actually chased the club but they can do and the agents would be liable for the tax due for the additional income, for those that who have done it for years they would probably get stung for as long as they have been doing it

After seeing the advert still on the scoreboard for Lucky 7 agents, offering a free season ticket, I thought I'd give Brian Lewis a ring just to see what the crack was and to have a chat about all the shenanigans that have been on-going.

According to Brian all agents were informed of the withdrawal of season tickets either face to face or via the phone and not one was told via text as had been suggested.

A 13:30 meeting is impossible for Brian to attend due to match day commitments, Smurf knows this, and even if Brian could have attended along with Smurf what good would a public slagging match between the owner and an employee be? No one comes out looking good.

It's called Lucky 7 as you have 7 chances to win for a £1 stake. 80p goes to the club and 20p goes to a central prize fund, along with 5 other clubs. This method is used by the vast majority of similar size clubs and Brian feels this model offers by far the best deal for the club.

Archived