Advert

Michael Brown

cheshirevaliant

........................Neal

Yates...Mcgivern....Duffy...Dicko

.....................Brown

Moore...O'connor.....Lines...Marshall

.....................Pope

Looking a very good starting eleven, just need some cover now.

Not too sure why McGivern is walking straight into everyones side? He's not done anything at any of his clubs to date, and only just left a club that got relegated from the Scottish League. Plus, with him, Yates and Duffy at the back our back four (Dicko aside) is all under 6 foot I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him until I see him play and I hope that he comes good for us, but on paper our defence was woeful last season and we haven't made any significant improvements in that area. Hopefully the midfield that we've bought in will afford the defence a bit more protection.

For me, as it stands, we definitely need a leader at the back - a big rock who's been there and done it - as well as some competition at right back.

The rest of the side looks great, however. Just need another striker for cover for Pope - so hopefully a young Prem starlet could offer us something at a reduced price.

Advert

Not too sure why McGivern is walking straight into everyones side? He's not done anything at any of his clubs to date, and only just left a club that got relegated from the Scottish League. Plus, with him, Yates and Duffy at the back our back four (Dicko aside) is all under 6 foot I believe.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him until I see him play and I hope that he comes good for us, but on paper our defence was woeful last season and we haven't made any significant improvements in that area. Hopefully the midfield that we've bought in will afford the defence a bit more protection.

For me, as it stands, we definitely need a leader at the back - a big rock who's been there and done it - as well as some competition at right back.

The rest of the side looks great, however. Just need another striker for cover for Pope - so hopefully a young Prem starlet could offer us something at a reduced price.

I agree but considering we have been told there will be two loan signings then it's a case of McGivern is better than Robertson

Completely agree with every word of this (.....apart from the bit about McGivern being under 6ft!)

I agree but considering we have been told there will be two loan signings then it's a case of McGivern is better than Robertson

Fair point (although having not seen Mcgivern play I couldn't say if he's any better or worse than Robertson) - I just hope that we're not having to try and bring in another centre-back in a couple of months due to continuing weaknesses in that area.

Fingers crossed that McGivern and Duffy will hit it off as a solid centre-back pairing.

Not too sure why McGivern is walking straight into everyones side? He's not done anything at any of his clubs to date, and only just left a club that got relegated from the Scottish League.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging him until I see him play .

Seems like you are to me.:D

Let's give all the players a chance especially the new lads before we judge, it's much too early for now.

At Alfreton McGivern was exposed by speedy striker and a quick pass early on. Afterwards stood his ground and made sure the Alfreton forwards knew he was there. I'm sure he would have had at least a yellow card if it had not been a friendly. I'm sure that he and Duffy need a run of games together to establish an understanding. Michael Brown's class was outstanding at Alfreton -finding space, short and long passing, moving from defence to attack. His stamina is still to be tested but other players should benefit from playing alongside him.

Was speaking to a Leeds Fan this week and he rated Michael Brown very highly. Said he's likely to get sent off but is totally committed to keeping the opposition out. He also said he never stops running despite his age. Maybe just what we need in front of new pairings at the back?

Was speaking to a Leeds Fan this week and he rated Michael Brown very highly. Said he's likely to get sent off but is totally committed to keeping the opposition out. He also said he never stops running despite his age. Maybe just what we need in front of new pairings at the back?

I think he will be a revelation tbh,he will do for us what Futhcher,Angell and Hughes did although in a different position

Archived