onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown

cheshirevaliant

When I last saw MB play, admittedly a few years ago, he was absolutely quality. He & Tonge were superb at Sheffield Utd together.

Never took to him much as a bloke though. Some of his tackles were nasty. Made Roy Keanes tackling look fair.

Advert

I've seen him do Warnock's dirty work a few times. There was a Reading v Leeds game on Good Friday a couple of years ago when I thought him and the whole Leeds side were an absolute disgrace.

Still, I suppose football is all about opinions.

Well if he's going to be a disgrace at least he's our disgrace and that will really get up the noses of opposition fans.

Adams says he wont sign the french lad on trial because he would hinder the young players coming through? Now hes signing a 38 year old journey man who wasnt that good in his prime wtf is goin on?

Don't talk rubbish!!!!

Brown can come into the first XI now, Guyonett wasn't good enough and would only take a place in the reserve team of one of our current youngsters.

Brown has had a good career.

Brown could be a good acquisition with legs around him to let him plough his skill level. Also a player from a higher level can bring other players on in training. If he is fit enough he could be a very good signing for as long as his age and fitness permit. I know for sure that at 55 bits drop off, but at 37 there may just be superficial rust that can be given palliative care.

An excellent signing who even at his age we should have very high expectations of. I saw him last season playing for Leeds in a pre-season match against Stevenage where he ran the show. He was all over the pitch and still looked fast. That day along with Ross McCormack he was their best player and given that he played 90 mins can't have any long term health problems. Played at a much higher level than Lee Hughes and more recently too. Has a high work-rate and reminds me a bit of Danny Sonner, but so superior in his running and link up play that I think we have a group of players who could be the best since the mid-90s.

He left Portsmouth only three years on when on £25,000 per week and earned nearly £40k in his Spurs days. An FA cup winner. No vale player in my lifetime has actually had a career anywhere near as good as his.

Adams says he wont sign the french lad on trial because he would hinder the young players coming through? Now hes signing a 38 year old journey man who wasnt that good in his prime wtf is goin on?

Why do some posters think they have a magical and special insight into the ability,potential and suitability of players when Micky Adams has the advantage of having seen they play many times, often had them in training, knowing his own plans and where a player might fit and many other personal and financial issues.

Or perhaps they just want to belittle and undermine - who knows, but judging from this thread and the replies to chris84, it certainly hasn't worked. UTV.

An excellent signing who even at his age we should have very high expectations of. I saw him last season playing for Leeds in a pre-season match against Stevenage where he ran the show. He was all over the pitch and still looked fast. That day along with Ross McCormack he was their best player and given that he played 90 mins can't have any long term health problems. Played at a much higher level than Lee Hughes and more recently too. Has a high work-rate and reminds me a bit of Danny Sonner, but so superior in his running and link up play that I think we have a group of players who could be the best since the mid-90s.

He left Portsmouth only three years on when on £25,000 per week and earned nearly £40k in his Spurs days. An FA cup winner. No vale player in my lifetime has actually had a career anywhere near as good as his.

Great background info, and very uplifting to read. I knew he was experienced, but this is really great to know and augers well for the season ahead. This post rather places the moaners firmly on the naughty step (or preferably outside the ground).

Why do some posters think they have a magical and special insight into the ability,potential and suitability of players when Micky Adams has the advantage of having seen they play many times, often had them in training, knowing his own plans and where a player might fit and many other personal and financial issues.

Or perhaps they just want to belittle and undermine - who knows, but judging from this thread and the replies to chris84, it certainly hasn't worked. UTV.

It's a forum for OPINION

If you feel so strongly about it, how about a limited edition series of coasters?

It's a forum for OPINION

If you feel so strongly about it, how about a limited edition series of coasters?

Yes, and I stated mine, all you do is crawl around in your slime and make personal attacks, the coasters joke was funny about 6 years ago. Now how about going back into your lake and decomposing?

Yes, and I stated mine, all you do is crawl around in your slime and make personal attacks, the coasters joke was funny about 6 years ago. Now how about going back into your lake and decomposing?

What a beautiful picture you create Dave!

I guess it is about opinion but I'd always trust Micky over any poster including what seems to be a quite bitter Rat Williams.

He's done immeasurable good for the club over recent years.

Archived