onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

who would you keep?

andy jones

Get your tin hat on mate after Old Sage reads this,I think he's Dodds agent? :D

As he showed last match, Dodds is one of the few players who knows where the back of the net is. He can pass to a player in the same team. He links play up well. I think his work rate has improved, but that mighrt just be with the forthcoming contract situation.

As with other current players, who could we get who is within budget and any better?

Advert

As he showed last match, Dodds is one of the few players who knows where the back of the net is. He can pass to a player in the same team. He links play up well. I think his work rate has improved, but that mighrt just be with the forthcoming contract situation.

As with other current players, who could we get who is within budget and any better?

Not in the first half he couldn't!

Interesting that he's put in a couple of decent performances right at the end of the season AGAIN!!

Its usually this time of the year where the Louis Dodds die hard brigade come out in force.

"Dodds has potential"

"Dodds gets played out of position"

"Dodds will perform better in a higher league"

"Dodds builds up morel in the dressing room"

Blar blar blar ect. we hear it every year and season after season when truthfully he just simply isnt good enough. He has had 6 years at the club to become a regular starter and each and every season he fails to do that.

His agent Owd Sage will be after you! ;)

I do hope the option of the extra year is the clubs, not Dodds option.

Good day Aussie now eh REP? Trust you got your season ticket sorted before your adventure?

Your list of players to stay/move on/borderline are actually totally in accord with my way of thinking.

If we can let quite a few go we should use that money to get in some obvious better players to entice us all into believing we have a chance at promotion next season.:yes:

Good day Aussie now eh REP? Trust you got your season ticket sorted before your adventure?

Your list of players to stay/move on/borderline are actually totally in accord with my way of thinking.

If we can let quite a few go we should use that money to get in some obvious better players to entice us all into believing we have a chance at promotion next season.:yes:

Indeed though I think it might get used about 4 or 5 times next season, still its the thought / money that counts! :D

I do think Micky (if he stays) will keep more as he trusts the group but for me we have a nucleous of a strong core and need to build on that with a smaller but higher quality squad.

His agent Owd Sage will be after you! ;)

I do hope the option of the extra year is the clubs, not Dodds option.

Me to if he stops it's a waste of a wage. He does the same everytime his contract up - he decides to play. Well 6Yrs and we don't know if he has a position and he can't hold one either so if we're going to progress we don't need players we keep to play when players are injured or suspended. All squad players should be competing for the first 11 not keeping the bench warm and the dressing room a happy place to be.

We should really have released a couple more at the end of last season, because now we're in the position of requiring getting rid of a lot of the dead wood but making too big a change to the squad would have a negative effect. Here's my thoughts:

People I would release or put on transfer list:

Chilvers (too old and slow now)

Yates (League 2 player)

Taylor (Injury Prone - not got a footballing brain sadly)

Griffith (a trier but just can't play football)

Shuker (body has given in sadly)

Mohammed (non-league standard - why did we sign him?)

Dodds (I think he' s in contract but why did we offer him a new one? Looks the part but only once every 23 matches!)

Lloyd (I don't think this lad is ever going to get to the standard required. He's old enough to have shown something by now)

Davis (Whilst I feel there's a good player in there somewhere he has confidence issues and is always liable for a mistake)

Keep:

Johnson (Steady enough for a reserve keeper but a bit too languid style for a goalkeeper - needs work)

Neal (As solid a keeper as you'll get at this level - a must)

Duffy (Showed why he's been capped for Wales - he's just not a full back!)

Robertson (OK for back up as a squad player - we need better in front of him)

Dickinson (I think he has more decent games than poor and is a leader)

Lines (With better players around him and better movement I think he'll come good)

Loft (I had my doubts at the beginning of the season but he's been tremendous really since the first game against Brentford)

Myrie-Williams ( Has the potential to cause problems and can score)

Williamson (Has pace which can cause any one problems but needs to work on finishing - that's all he should work on in training - a good sub)

Pope (obviously)

Hugill (Big, strong and mobile - with the right nurturing he could be a hell of a player)

There's going to be a big turnover whatever happens, but we desperately need full backs who can cross and also defend (would be lethal with Pope if we had better crossers of the ball - Pope is one of the best in the leagues in the air if the delivery is right). Two central defenders at least who are leaders also required . Midfielders (knott and ANother?) who maintain some control of the ball. Another decent winger/quick forward player and a pacy striker that can actually finish would be good. Not much to ask??

Going off what I put on the players thread and if I was to alter the midfield for next season then I would try to get rid of Mohammed and Dodds,not offer anything to Griff or Lines(that's a tough one).

I would offer Loft and Knott something and then try to add 12mth loan deals of Grealish from Villa and Pritchard from Tottenham,permanent deals for Moore from Crewe and Freeman(although sadly I think he would command a fee) from Stevenage,i feel that would be a better squad of midfield players than we have now,i know some wont agree but that's what football is all about.

I think Dodds, Dickinson, Lines, Neal and Loft are absolute musts. I'd like to see Williamson, JMW to be offered something because they are the only pacey players we have. Love him or hate him Griff offers us some steel in midfield. But i'd love to see us get Knott signed because he has a bit of that Ian Bogie guile about him.

Archived