onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

5th April 2014. Port Vale v Walsall, pre match, match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

It baffles me as to why Micky and Norman aren't playing on the fact that we are just 4 points away from the playoffs as opposed to simply commenting that we are 'safe'!....I'm a realist...and I understand our position...but so many fans want to feel that hope and belief that it is still possible...surely playing on that is good PR heading towards to end of the season...surely that would encourage people and motivate people to turn up and support the team/purchase season tickets??

Instead we have two men that just appear to be passionless and miserable!!...and that attitude is working its way down to the fans...

It's all very strange...

Agree ,after smurf said in February I think,I don't want promotion ,I've not been to a match,realy put me on a downer,he should sell and fxxkxxf,get an owner with some ambition,cum on vale!!!!!

Should have pack the home end day charge really low prices and get someone,anyone in them seats.

Saying that once the end is soldout ( bycars ) then u pay usual prices everywhere else.

Football chairman r so short sighted especially at a club like Vale where if I was in charge id have all kinds of tasty offers on offer.

For example pay what u can afford day ,obviously for a adult no less than 7 quid under 18 4 quid etc etc.

Or in our chairmans case and lots of other short sighted chairmans book 500 paying 22quid or whatever it is .

Instead id have 120000 people paying what they can afford and all the food,drink and a lot.more programmes sold.

Plus a rocking atmosphere as all types in societycould afford be there not just the well to do .

Call me short sighted, but you would make a horrendous Chairman. if it was productive then everyone would do it. It clearly isn't though hence why no clubs do.

We would be lucky to get 7,000 in even if it was a fiver entry. We managed 12,000 against Burton because it was such a big match against a genuine rival.

Boomers Vet whats your suggestion or u happy with our fans not turning out.

Ill give u a insight I work in a warehouse ten out of the twelve Vale fans dont go because of price .

Whats the solution.?

In that instance, why don't they club together and buy two or three season tickets and use them alternately?

Boomers Vet whats your suggestion or u happy with our fans not turning out.

Ill give u a insight I work in a warehouse ten out of the twelve Vale fans dont go because of price .

Whats the solution.?

But what price would they go at?

Agree ,after smurf said in February I think,I don't want promotion ,I've not been to a match,realy put me on a downer,he should sell and fxxkxxf,get an owner with some ambition,cum on vale!!!!!

it doesn't take much to put you off. how many games have you managed to get to over the last 15 years? 20 at best my guess. Always an excuse for some. Typing on a messageboard doesn't constitute being a supporter you know

Some Vale fans go to games, some accept they can't go due to valid reasons like cost, location etc & then some look for every excuse not to go & moan to anyone who'll listen about why they can't go.

It's either too expensive, too cold, the team arent playing well, the opposition's crap etc etc.

You will never get these people to go regularly. If you reduced the price of a season ticket, they'd only find another excuse from the endless list. I think they just love moaning about anything.

it doesn't take much to put you off. how many games have you managed to get to over the last 15 years? 20 at best my guess. Always an excuse for some. Typing on a messageboard doesn't constitute being a supporter you know

Sounds like a great example in my post.

on the 5th March in our prootion season last year we scraped 4,000 on a Tuesday night. We were competing with Man United Bayern Munich last night in a match that didn;t mean much at all. 1,000 season ticket holders didn't turn out (our most ardent segment of fans) and it would have cost them sweet FA to gain entry. It was never in a month of Sundays going to be a healthy crowd, and charging people what they want to get in would do nothing other than make us lose more money than we are already. Like i say, if it made financial sense to do it, then every club in the world would.

We will get 6,000 or close to on Saturday and it will blow your argument in up in the air.

on the 5th March in our prootion season last year we scraped 4,000 on a Tuesday night. We were competing with Man United Bayern Munich last night in a match that didn;t mean much at all. 1,000 season ticket holders didn't turn out (our most ardent segment of fans) and it would have cost them sweet FA to gain entry. It was never in a month of Sundays going to be a healthy crowd, and charging people what they want to get in would do nothing other than make us lose more money than we are already. Like i say, if it made financial sense to do it, then every club in the world would.

We will get 6,000 or close to on Saturday and it will blow your argument in up in the air.

Not quite 1000 STs, those out of the area could have to take time off work, the travelling costs could be £20/30 or more hardly a small amount. Obviously Norman is aware of this, and most will be there on Saturday.

Walsall fans reckon they will bring between 600-800. Surely we will get 5000 home fans at least for this even with nothing to play for.

It a 6 pointer,its local(ish),a chance to do the double over them,there is still an outside chance of the play off's and pride.

It a 6 pointer,its local(ish),a chance to do the double over them,there is still an outside chance of the play off's and pride.

I repeat we have nothing to play for as even if we won our 6 remaining games which I doubt we will we still wouldnt get enough points make the play offs and with 54PTS to our name theres no chance of us being relegated.

Archived