onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams NOT ruling out staying at the club.

melv

There's getting on and being professional.............By the way are you happy the ground has been split from the football club ?

On a personal note,no I am not happy,BUT,looking at it in a not doom and gloom way,I would think Speedy and the ground staff will be off our wage bill,Vale park is an old stadium and the maintenance bill must be fairly high ie replacing floodlights,at least we will know the £150,000 covers everything and if owt crops up we don't have to fork out extra money,on an other note,any future owner may come to an agreement with SMURF to buy the ground themselves and charge us £250,000 a year

Advert

On a personal note,no I am not happy,BUT,looking at it in a not doom and gloom way,I would think Speedy and the ground staff will be off our wage bill,Vale park is an old stadium and the maintenance bill must be fairly high ie replacing floodlights,at least we will know the £150,000 covers everything and if owt crops up we don't have to fork out extra money,on an other note,any future owner may come to an agreement with SMURF to buy the ground themselves and charge us £250,000 a year

That doesn't make sense? Why would any future owner of the club buy the ground back off Smurf, then charge himself (us) £250k rent?

What will you think if its a full repair and maintenance lease ?

Spot on

To be honest I'm sure we all would but from what I've seen of current commercial department I think they need all the help they can get.

He's done a damn sight better than people who have been in the role of CEO or equivalent recently, look at the likes of Deakin, Bratt and Wildes for instance...

Surely if we have someone with strong contacts and who is happy to be involved and support the club we should tap into his knowledge bank?

Micky's done fine for Port Vale infact more than fine as his win record and promotion with us suggests so it's clearly not having a negative on his key role. If it helps get more money in to the club it also gives a bigger budget.

Again I suppose it's an opportunity for critics to have a jibe at Smurthwaite like they did over him trying to get consultation from another club chairman etc.

So Norman is charging us £150,000 to play in our own ground? The split is all in the club's best interest though...

Who knows. Maybe it's an investment made for the future when he is out and about doing other things.

To me if he does chose to go down this route I would be happy if he used it to claw back any debt he was owed. If he chose to use it to claim more than that I would be very much against it.

He could simply just be using it to protect the club, no-one other than the man himself truly knows.

I'm prepared to see what his intentions are as for me it has to be viable and I'm certain he would not want to see us in a situation like Coventry.

I don't think Norm is suddenly going to turn around to the new owners & say " i've recouped the money that i spent, you can now use & play at Vale Park rent free" why would he do that? out the goodness of his heart? If he just want's all his money back then why not just put the ground & club up for sale, (together) & have done with? Wouldn't that be the best way for everyone?

I don't think Norm is suddenly going to turn around to the new owners & say " i've recouped the money that i spent, you can now use & play at Vale Park rent free" why would he do that? out the goodness of his heart? If he just want's all his money back then why not just put the ground & club up for sale, (together) & have done with? Wouldn't that be the best way for everyone?

He might well do that, time will tell.

I for one would not begrudge him using it to recoup any losses he makes, however to me it wouldn't sit well if he was seeking to profit long term if he did ever leave and it was causing the club to suffer.

This certainly isn't a black or white issue. There is a lot for him to consider. When and if he will sell? If he reunites the club and the ground? If he leases it what terms will be included? What financially viable offers he would accept for one or both entities? How much affinity he feels to the club and fans when he leaves and whether this will have an impact on his decision?

Have you let something slip there Grebo?

I for one would not begrudge him using it to recoup any losses he makes, however to me it wouldn't sit well if he was seeking to profit long term if he did ever leave and it was causing the club to suffer.

This certainly isn't a black or white issue. There is a lot for him to consider. When and if he will sell? If he reunites the club and the ground? If he leases it what terms will be included? What financially viable offers he would accept for one or both entities? How much affinity he feels to the club and fans when he leaves and whether this will have an impact on his decision?

He's already told us what he's going to do. He's taking the ground with him & he's going to charge us rent to use it. Or are you saying that Norm is unreliable, may change his mind, & we should all take what he says with a pinch of salt now?

If you're saying you wouldn't like him to make a long term profit, then why not eradicate the potential problem so it can never happen in the first place? If Norm does want to sell up in the future? Then add what he paid to buy us with what he's spent/lost, then he gets his money back. Problem solved.

We'll be a more attractive sale for any potential buyers too, if they're getting club & ground together.

Have you had an oopsie moment and let something slip there me owd fruit?

None of us are sure why he has done it but imo as a previous poster said he wont just say ok you can play for free now I have had my money back,he will be after a pension fund(guessing) he then will get 150k(or more if he chooses) a year for life or sell the ground back for big bucks later.

Archived