onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cuvelier injury...

Davebrad

Livelier was clearly not match fit and that may well have contributed to his injury. A lot of work was done on the pitch during the summer which cost a lot of money. So before saying things are unacceptable on here I suggest you try saying that to Speedy who is considered one of the best tournament in the football league.

Advert

Livelier was clearly not match fit and that may well have contributed to his injury. A lot of work was done on the pitch during the summer which cost a lot of money. So before saying things are unacceptable on here I suggest you try saying that to Speedy who is considered one of the best tournament in the football league.

Excuse me? Im not having a go at speedy, im simply arguing that 2 injuries in the last 2 games isnt acceptable or is it? To me the pitch looks a mess and if players are getting injured because of it then surely it is in our best interests to do something about it?

My point is that in the last 2 matches 2 players have been injured because of the pitch and I dont think that is acceptable.

What would be acceptable for you?

The pitch has had new drainage,been relayed.There has been lots and lots of rain all over the country.So what do you suggest should have been done?

Dont forget that Speedy is highly thought of for the work he does with the pitch

My point is that in the last 2 matches 2 players have been injured because of the pitch and I dont think that is acceptable.

My point was Vale's pitch seems about par for this league at this stage of the season. Players get injured and sometimes no one thing is to blame.

From what I saw of LC I agree with Dave he looked unfit, lightweight and way off the pace. That's not to say he's not a good player, he perhaps just needs time but Mickys hand was forced with Lines being banned.

Here's hoping we see him near his best.

I must start reading before posting my post.

Life used to be very simple when I accessed OVF from my pc because many postsecondary my mistooks came from alcohol intake,but this blinking Kindle predict text !!!!!!

What I can say is that if there's no mistakes then please assume I am on the Kindle and ****d.

Tweets

Florent Cuvelier ‏@Flo_Cuvelier 18h

Disappointed I picked up an injury on my knee, hopefully it is not serious & I will be back soon. Great 3 points today well done to the lads

Florent Cuvelier ‏@Flo_Cuvelier 19h

Thank you very much for all the kind messages! It was great to start at Port Vale today. The fans, staff & players were fantastic.

We could have 6 injuries in a game, or 0. It's a football pitch with about 5 inches of rain soaked in it. It will always be wet, soft, heavy and sticky.. Not matter what the grounds man does. Our pitch is fantastic, injuries are not planned & football's adapt in this weather. It's simply really unlucky for Cuvelier and hopefully he'll be back soon.

This pitch is the best it has been in my 58 years watching Vale. I would question more the slippers that the players were wearing and the type of studs.

If the fans are so concerned about the Soft spots in the pitch get a committee together to organise a pitch walk for Fat Vale Fans.

This will be beneficial in two ways :-

1 It will get some fat of the sweaty lard butted Vale fans - Male AND Female fans

2 The Groundsman could measure how deep their feet marks are in different parts of the ground.

If the resulting walk of fatties doesn't leave any noticeable footprints then it is officially not soft going

Wouldn't a complete pitch replacement, on sand and new drainage cost in the order of £500k, without undersoil heating? Also that it would be the 2014 close season at the earliest, even if ordered at the end of last season?

This pitch is the best it has been in my 58 years watching Vale. I would question more the slippers that the players were wearing and the type of studs.

If the fans are so concerned about the Soft spots in the pitch get a committee together to organise a pitch walk for Fat Vale Fans.

This will be beneficial in two ways :-

1 It will get some fat of the sweaty lard butted Vale fans - Male AND Female fans

2 The Groundsman could measure how deep their feet marks are in different parts of the ground.

If the resulting walk of fatties doesn't leave any noticeable footprints then it is officially not soft going

Like me you remember the height of the mud above the ankles on the boots not the slippers.

I'm not sure much more could be done re the pitch without some serious cash. It's in far better nick given the weather than a lot of teams and far better than it has been in past years at VP.

Ultimately we can't control the weather. The pitch probably needs a good few weeks of dryish weather to allow some of the current moisture to drain away.

Archived