onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cuvelier injury...

Davebrad

Swansea`s pitch cost £1M a few years back, grass in a plastic mesh, on a sand base, one metre deep with pumped drainage. Required to cope with Welsh rain and also used by the Ospreys rugby team. Don't think we need to spend that much, even if we had the money, as the ground is more open and gets plenty of wind.

Advert

Swansea`s pitch cost £1M a few years back, grass in a plastic mesh, on a sand base, one metre deep with pumped drainage. Required to cope with Welsh rain and also used by the Ospreys rugby team. Don't think we need to spend that much, even if we had the money, as the ground is more open and gets plenty of wind.

Is Welsh rain different to what we get in North Staffs? ;)

Think it's about time something was done about the pitch.

Theo Walcott picked up his knee injury (hopefully Flo's is not as bad) in similar circumstances on the Emirates pitch. Do you think something needs to be done about that one as well? Or maybe both pitches have the same problem, i.e. too much rain falling on them?

Theo Walcott picked up his knee injury (hopefully Flo's is not as bad) in similar circumstances on the Emirates pitch. Do you think something needs to be done about that one as well? Or maybe both pitches have the same problem, i.e. too much rain falling on them?

The Arsenal one should be able to cope although there are no open corners, they have spent a lot of money. According to their site their system is as follows:-

Construction of Emirates Stadium started in February 2004 by contractors Sir Robert McAlpine. A year later, John was able to start work on the initial pipe installation for the under soil heating and the Forced Air Ventilation and Vacuum System(FAVVS). This system, developed over many years, is a ducted vacuum and air pressure system which can carry out two operations. Firstly,cool, fresh air can be blown into the pitch, supplying additional oxygen to the crucial area around the roots of the grass plants.This provides aerobic conditions in which the grass can thrive, and reduces the risk of a black layer forming. In the vacuum phase, any excess water can be drawn down away from the surface to reduce the risk of waterlogging during heavy rainfall,

A similar system to Swansea`s I believe. Both surely able to run the pumps for longer?

must admit thought he injured himself stretching for the ball, at the time thought maybe it was due to lack of match practise and being rusty rather than the pitch. Was worried when he went past on a stretcher with an oxygen mask on, trust its not as bad as first seemed.

Completely agree. What evidence is there that the injury was caused by the pitch. It seemed to me that the injury was a result of over stretching, possibly made worse by a lack of match practice and an over enthusiastic effort to impress on his first appearance. Some one near me thought he had caught his studs in the turf. Whatever, I wish him a speedy recovery but feel that caution must be shown before he returns to match action.

Speedy should be congratulated on the state of the pitch in spite of adverse conditions and I do think we need to consider the players' footwear as too many Vale players were slipping and falling while the Oldham players did not appear to be affected.

People moaning about the pitch are running thin of thing to moan about... aka we are doing well GOARN VALE

Sadly, as pitches around the country get better, it makes it more difficult to be giant killers. I bet today's refs would call off a game like we had against Spurs.

I hope the injury isn't too bad , and I wish him well, but even with Vale being short of players I don't think he should have played yesterday

without a week of training first.

He had been training with us for a week. It was clear Micky was always going to start him given his comments about him needing to hit the ground running and Lines suspension.

Completely agree. What evidence is there that the injury was caused by the pitch. It seemed to me that the injury was a result of over stretching, possibly made worse by a lack of match practice and an over enthusiastic effort to impress on his first appearance. Some one near me thought he had caught his studs in the turf. Whatever, I wish him a speedy recovery but feel that caution must be shown before he returns to match action.

Speedy should be congratulated on the state of the pitch in spite of adverse conditions and I do think we need to consider the players' footwear as too many Vale players were slipping and falling while the Oldham players did not appear to be affected.

I blame the pitch for the bias it showed towards Oldham, following in the footsteps of the official it seems ;)

Archived