onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Building a squad for next season

Emile

A lot of clubs are starting to plan for next season, as I expect we will be in this division I'm sure were looking into it too.

Norman has said we will either be cutting the budget for next season or raising our income. So based on that who would you sell / release. Who would you resign and what do we need?

Neal - out of contract

Johnson 1 year left

Boot

Yates - 1 year left

Duffy - out of contract

Chilvers - out of contract

Davis - out of contract

Jones - 1 year left

Robertson - 1 year left

Dicko - out of contract

Rob Taylor - out of contract

Loft - out of contract

Lines - out of contract

O Neil

Mohamed - 1 year left

Birchall - Out of contract

Griff - Out of contract

JMW - Out of contract

Shuker - out of contract

Lloyd - out of contract

Dodds - out of contract but option for another year

Tomlin - unknown

Pope - 1 year left

Williamson - 1 year left

Hugil

We also have others in the development squad who Im unsure of any length of contracts, please pipe up if you have info.

Advert

Neal - out of contract - Needs to be offered something.

Johnson 1 year left

Boot

Yates - 1 year left

Duffy - out of contract - I think we should keep as a squad player

Chilvers - out of contract - release

Davis - out of contract - Jury is out for me, could well be an important first team player

Jones - 1 year left - I would offer a free transfer to, hasn't played enough, seems injury prone.

Robertson - 1 year left

Dicko - out of contract - We should offer him a deal

Rob Taylor - out of contract - release

Loft - out of contract - offer a deal

Lines - out of contract - offer a deal

O Neil

Mohamed - 1 year left - offer a free transfer

Birchall - Out of contract - release

Griff - Out of contract - release

JMW - Out of contract - unsure, scores a lot of goals but sometimes just acts like he doesn't care.

Shuker - out of contract - release

Lloyd - out of contract - release, hasn't broken into the first team.

Dodds - out of contract but option for another year - release

Tomlin - unknown - offer a contract

Pope - 1 year left

Williamson - 1 year left

Hugil

That could see us loosing 8 players. If we were to make a central defensive mid and a left back our priorities (and possibly a centre half is davis isn't up for it) then I think we would be able to offer deals to Micky and the players we wanted to keep. Hopefully players such as O'Neil, Wilson, Louis Tambini and Hugil will be a big part of our squad next season and can step up.

A lot of clubs are starting to plan for next season, as I expect we will be in this division I'm sure were looking into it too.

Norman has said we will either be cutting the budget for next season or raising our income. So based on that who would you sell / release. Who would you resign and what do we need?

Neal - out of contract

Johnson 1 year left

Boot

Yates - 1 year left

Duffy - out of contract

Chilvers - out of contract

Davis - out of contract

Jones - 1 year left

Robertson - 1 year left

Dicko - out of contract

Rob Taylor - out of contract

Loft - out of contract

Lines - out of contract

O Neil

Mohamed - 1 year left

Birchall - Out of contract

Griff - Out of contract

JMW - Out of contract

Shuker - out of contract

Lloyd - out of contract

Dodds - out of contract but option for another year

Tomlin - unknown

Pope - 1 year left

Williamson - 1 year left

Hugil

We also have others in the development squad who Im unsure of any length of contracts, please pipe up if you have info.

The first contract to be sorted out one way or the other is the contract of MA.

To be quite honest I'm not that bothered about Adams contract. OK he done a pretty decent job but what I haven't seen off him is ability to improve players especially the younger ones. Taylor & Dodds have been here awhile but neither have improved their game at all. The jury is out on Davis and if he has progressed it probably more to do with the loan out.

Dan Jones is a worry looked a good buy but a strange injury has kept him out for awhile. JMW I'd keep ok sometimes cant be bothered but his off days eclipse any other winger we have at the club. Robertson and Dicko I'd keep Yates has gone backwards from the end of last season. Griff I loved but again gone backwards rather than been developed.

Lofty is a must stay were are poor without him and can play a couple of places. Birchall again has been a disappointment had a good game against Coventry but has not shone as I thought he might. Tomlin has come good since his early injury but is he injury prone ??

Mohammed/Shuker & Lloyd have to be gone if possible.

I've preached for a clear out for 2 years now and it hasn't happened so if the budget is cut I can't see many going accept the high earners which are probably the ones we want to keep.

Hugill is must stay for a contract he looks half the part now with the right management one for the future.

The most important thing is tonight we need a win, my heart says yes my head no. We will see .

To be quite honest I'm not that bothered about Adams contract. OK he done a pretty decent job but what I haven't seen off him is ability to improve players especially the younger ones. Taylor & Dodds have been here awhile but neither have improved their game at all. The jury is out on Davis and if he has progressed it probably more to do with the loan out.

Dan Jones is a worry looked a good buy but a strange injury has kept him out for awhile. JMW I'd keep ok sometimes cant be bothered but his off days eclipse any other winger we have at the club. Robertson and Dicko I'd keep Yates has gone backwards from the end of last season. Griff I loved but again gone backwards rather than been developed.

Lofty is a must stay were are poor without him and can play a couple of places. Birchall again has been a disappointment had a good game against Coventry but has not shone as I thought he might. Tomlin has come good since his early injury but is he injury prone ??

Mohammed/Shuker & Lloyd have to be gone if possible.

I've preached for a clear out for 2 years now and it hasn't happened so if the budget is cut I can't see many going accept the high earners which are probably the ones we want to keep.

Hugill is must stay for a contract he looks half the part now with the right management one for the future.

The most important thing is tonight we need a win, my heart says yes my head no. We will see .

you moan about MA not improving youngsters at the beginning of your post, then mention Hugill ten lines further on. ???????????????????????????????

Yes correct I did and when did he suddenly improve enough to gain a place in the first team squad after he'd been out on loan. Not whilst he was in the reserves and I hope Davis has gained the same development whilst out on loan. I'm not saying Adams is not the only manager that hasn't developed players in our history I don't think he's that type of manager. He's more of a tactician and motivator and TBH probably got the best out of these players and very good at seige mentality stuff. (I hope this is proved by tonight's result, fingers crossed)

I think a few people were worried about the development squad approach at the start of the season because of Adams unwillingness to play youngsters. However I think this is the only way to go with our limited finances.

Can you tell me who Adams has developed under his tenure ?

If we went into next year with; Neal, Johnson, Robertson, Duffy, Dickinson, JMW, Lines, Loft, Tomlin, Pope, Tomlin, Hugill then I would be happy.

Bring in some young lads (Carvalho, O'Neil etc.) and a couple of loan signings (like Grimmer and hopefully Cuvelier and Knott) with a few freebies and even with the 'cutbacks' we should be alright.

Signing MA up is vital. How he gets flak I'll never no. Ok is he is not perfect but he has done a fine job. In the summer of 2012 we were in danger of having no club, we had no new kit, no sponsor, no owner and players that stayed because he persuaded them to. 18 months on we are pushing for the play offs in L1. I think our budget may be cut slightly next season but I suspect quite a few clubs will be downsizing their budget as financial fair play hits home and the rules get tighter. But Id rather us have a solid but strict owner and build up something sustainable over time than do a leeds or Portsmouth.

Archived