onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Building a squad for next season

Emile

Just a thought....... Maybe Smurthwaite and Adams are actually playing games with the press and the contract situation is all in hand : certainly Adams likes to wind people up,maybe they re playing games for their own enjoyment. It does happen with people in power from time to time.

To be honest I d be quite happy if that was the case.

Advert

yes right ok ; of course. How remiss of me : you ve never insuniated anything derogatory about Adams ability previously have you. I even remember you insinuating in your usual condelescing manner that he was stalling on signing a contract a couple of weeks ago when there hasnt even been a contract offered to him.

What would be interesting is if our 1-trick pony of a manager (according to you) learned any new tricks or understood tactics, or could make substitutions or could make decent signings or any had any other football managerial based abilities... maybe we would be midtable in league 1 and in the 4th round of the cup for the first time in 7 years and maybe he would have had a career as a manager.

The couple of weeks ago was 5 months ago, I said I thought adams had been offered a contract because I thought I remembered smurf saying at some point one was on the table, it could have been wildes who had done that and I was mistaken. I rarely comment on adams except to say if smurf wants him gone he will be gone, its up to smurf to decide if he wants him to stay or is doing a good enough job. That opinion hasnt changed much, Im simply saying that given the position we are in it would be better for PVFC if adams stays... thats not because I like or dislike adams its based mainly on economics, short to medium term.

Since Adams arrived at the club in June 2009 with Vale near the foot of league 02 and in real danger of either relegation to the conference (from which we would struggle to return) or bankruptcy, to our position now in the top half of league 1, surely even a person with very limited football knowledge such as yourself can see that players have improved ? How else do you explain the difference in league positions ? Maybe you think that the standard of league 1 teams has dropped down to Vale’s 2009 league 2 standards then ?

Ha ha limited knowledge of football such as yourself. Like some of the posters on here you can't have a discussion without chucking in an insult can you ? You have no idea who I am and at what level of football I've played or been involved in, so a statement without any fact - smart !!!!

The reason weve moved up the leagues is the quality of players weve bought in have been a better standard (credit to Adams and finances) the likes of Dodds & Taylor who were quite young and have been here a while I don't think have improved, my opinion of course, hence why most fans think their level in division 2 at best.

See a reasoning without insult - perhaps you should try it !:)

Ha ha limited knowledge of football such as yourself. Like some of the posters on here you can't have a discussion without chucking in an insult can you ? You have no idea who I am and at what level of football I've played or been involved in, so a statement without any fact - smart !!!!

The reason weve moved up the leagues is the quality of players weve bought in have been a better standard (credit to Adams and finances) the likes of Dodds & Taylor who were quite young and have been here a while I don't think have improved, my opinion of course, hence why most fans think their level in division 2 at best.

See a reasoning without insult - perhaps you should try it !:)

Fair comment regarding the insult..... but I still disagree though.

Adams has improved players ; Grifiths improved enough to be signed by Orient in the league higher, Myrie Williams has improved enough to be mostly holding his place in a league 1 team whereas he couldnt get into a league 1 squad previously, Yates is playing regularily in League 1 whereas previously he was a league 2 player, Williamson couldnt get a job hes now a regular contributer to a mid table league 1 team, Dodds is a regular contributer to a league 1 team for the first time in his career, previously Rigg was improved enough to be wanted by other teams and an argument could be made that Richards improved enough to be wanted by one of the highest payers in league 2. I would also say Burge would have improved under Adams if his head was screwed on the right way. My point is you cant improve players unless the manager puts the team infra structure and system in place which is why when Adams came here the younger players (of which we had too many) never stood a chance : they core of the team wasnt fit enough, good enough, committed enough or brave enough. By ensuring that the core of the team is up to standard, it gives players such as Hugill and Davis and any others going forward a chance which previously youngsters at Vale havent had.

I dont think its right to accuse Adams of not improving players : in terms of youngsters he can only work with what hes given and hes had very little to work with: by improving the core of the team he has increased the likelyhood of Vale improving any youngsters but you cant do all that at once : Give Aams a 5-year contract and he will sort it.

I still find it hard to understand how people can say our players havent improved, we must have short memories of some of the games we have had over the past few years : losing 4.1 to Macc at home was a particular nadir of mine.

Compared to a few years ago, the club is stable and moving forward. Adams was working to avoid the Conference, then under Admin conditions etc, loads of other things. Now he has the chance to build under less pressure, so unless he is considered too expensive, or he wants new pastures, should be the man at the helm.

Archived