onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Honesty the best policy

grebovale

Advert

Dave, were you there tonight?

It was like a sitcom. The part about unrealistic budgets was the only reasonable thing that he said.

He wants out and doesn't know how to do it.

I think you're spot on. Norman wanted the excitment of owning a football club but now knows how costly it is. Manager and players out of contract and he tells us to worry about "bums on seats" - he comes across as clueless where managing a football club is concerned.

I do thank him for his input thus far but it seems obvious that he wants out.

So Smurthwaite buys the club and Wildes sets the budget without any of NS's input? Give me a break.

THAT is the reason he hasn't been offered a contract in my view therefore it's ironic that it's being discussed on a thread titled 'Honesty the best policy'. It's turned around on Micky Adams and put in his court to leave so that Smurthwaite doesn't get any of the flack.

Micky will go if he gets a better offer, like anybody else would, why blame Smurthwaite or any other owner? What we do not know is what Micky wants, money or stability?

If we're cutting the budget we won't be building though will we?

We'd probably need another relegation first.

Completely disagree.

We could cut 5-7k/week off the wage bill and retain a squad of a similar standard.

Release Hughes (already done) Birchall, Chilvers, Rob Taylor plus one or two others and replace with lads from the development squad and/or loans. You telling me we'd be so much worse off?

Micky will go if he gets a better offer, like anybody else would, why blame Smurthwaite or any other owner? What we do not know is what Micky wants, money or stability?

Is there a contract on the table? It's seems a bit conflicting.

If Micky Adams chooses not to sign a contract because he can get something better then he goes with my best wishes. I think he deserves it.

I'm still not sure what the reason is for all this - ie he hasn't been offered terms? He doesn't like Smurthwaite? Smurthwaite is contemplating leaving?

Is there a contract on the table? It's seems a bit conflicting.

If Micky Adams chooses not to sign a contract because he can get something better then he goes with my best wishes. I think he deserves it.

I'm still not sure what the reason is for all this - ie he hasn't been offered terms? He doesn't like Smurthwaite? Smurthwaite is contemplating leaving?

I don't think either are in a rush, there is still a cup run on the table, anything can happen yet, long shot I know.

Alan no I wasn't so I have not made any comment on what was said tonight other than reference to Carpetman who was.

What I do know is that our club is in a much better place now than what it would have been if Smurthwaite had not turned up.

Also Alan whilst we know V2001 were slowly killing the club we who supported SEO in order to drive the club into administration also came within a whisker of hastening our clubs demise by doing so.

Putting it bluntly Alan if NS had not come along we as much as V2001 would have been as much to blame for the demise of the Vale.

So I for one say thank you very much Norman and I will support every measure you take to make our club financially secure.

Spot on AJ. Who would be a football owner and have your successes taken for granted and your mistakes pilloried, unless you are so rich (like Vincent Tann and Assem Allam) you don't give a toss what the club's supporters think? Not so long ago, we'd have thought we'd died and gone to heaven if we could have had the club in the place it is now. No, Norman's not perfect but he's done so much for this club and I'd also like to thank him for his efforts and generosity. Long may it continue.

Spot on AJ. Who would be a football owner and have your successes taken for granted and your mistakes pilloried, unless you are so rich (like Vincent Tann and Assem Allam) you don't give a toss what the club's supporters think? Not so long ago, we'd have thought we'd died and gone to heaven if we could have had the club in the place it is now. No, Norman's not perfect but he's done so much for this club and I'd also like to thank him for his efforts and generosity. Long may it continue.

I would like to thank him too,especially for his statement at the beginning of his tenure, quote"i can afford to take you into the championship".

I would like to thank him and yes he has been very generous . He clearly wants out and Micky is waiting to see if he hangs about for another port vale debacle. Smurf has been very generous to the vale but he is a financial and commercial frank spencer he is having to put so much cash in because of his inability to generate it. When on the crest of a promotional wave last summer we would have all spent bucket loads.

I would have gone out and got our crest printed on any product that was descent quality.

Instead we did not even get replica shirts until summer was nearly done. Christmas came little of any thing great in the club shop and not much better in the white elephant Santa s grotto smurf paid some fortune for in the potteries sc

We all queue up to give our cash for a cup of tea a port vale pie and we get either none or absolute dross.

Now he announces he will cut budgets next season and we are pretty much going to watch some young kids get hammered every week and we most probably will get the same dire commercial and catering fascilities .

Well done smurf that just about cream crackers season ticket sales. This is heading one way he will wait for the fans to turn by my prediction early next season then he can run for the hills

Archived