onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Honesty the best policy

grebovale

Only time will tell.

Time has already.A reduced budget next season = less folk interested in turning up = further reductions in costs = relegation.

He will be long gone by then very expensive hobby tried and tested.

I hope myself that he is not telling us the truth and he secretly has the club up for sale I would take my chance with a new owner with some commercial acumen .

Come on smurf now your "sweetie jars" have gone to the recycling centre put us on the market and at least see who is out there

Advert

Time has already.A reduced budget next season = less folk interested in turning up = further reductions in costs = relegation.

I hope myself that he is not telling us the truth and he secretly has the club up for sale I would take my chance with a new owner with some commercial acumen .

Come on smurf now your "sweetie jars" have gone to the recycling centre put us on the market and at least see who is out there

And if theres no one out there , you happy to see our club out of business.

wouldnt you want to get out , promotion, sitting good in lge1 and over £1m invested and all you do is get slagged off by your own fans . ONLY at the vale.

Would you really buy a football club these days and not expect some serious investment to kick start it you would ensure as part of that expenditure you bring in a few experts to help you out.

Smurfs quote would not bring in a CEO at a cost of 100 k to give us someone else to moan about he would rather pay out a million to patch it all over.

It's like my car has a fault and drinks 500 pounds in petrol each week but I say stuff paying a mechanic a thousand pounds to fix it. And so I continue to pay the 500 pounds per week

Personally I like Smurthwaite, he comes across as pretty straightforward and I can understand why he says a lot of the things he does.

More and more I get the feeling he's ended up in a situation at the Vale he never intended, he probably had the idea he'd be the financier for Paul Wildes' 'project' and he'd get his money back in a fairly short space of time, with interest, and then he'd be out of it. Obviously things have gone differently than whatever he originally planned and, whether it be through his own doings or not, he's been left holding the baby. I suspect if someone came along and said they'd buy the club but the price they offered was a couple of hundred grand less than Norman has put in he'd still sell. He's not a Vale fan (he could grow to be one though?:yes:) so why would he want to spend money subsidising a budget that cannot be financed by support through the gate and commercial revenue? I wouldn't want him to anyway, we have to accept that in order to exist in the long term the club has to be self financing; 'investment' can kick start improvements on the pitch which in turn generate increased crowds and other revenue streams but unless those increased streams materialise and are sustained the club - any club - isn't viable and finances have to be streamlined accordingly.

The brutal fact is that to get back to & stay in the Championship we need more home fans on a regular basis to finance a manager & players of good enough quality within the revenue levels we can achieve. It's very simple really but lots of us try and imagine ways around it but apart from a rich sugar daddy chairman I can't see another route, plus sugar daddies usually leave utter disaster behind them when they leave / die / get nicked, etc.

I like Norm and I'm grateful for what he has and is doing for us.

Like he has said we will have to accept next season we have to live within our means surely you don't want us to go back into admin!!! Spending what we haven't got

At least he has been honest, maybe too honest sometimes but these are the plain and simple facts!!

So if there's only £1500 a month coming into your household you dont go out and spend £2000 a month do you??

Here are a few more plain and simple facts.. I reckon an average bloke in the Potteries on an average wage of about £250 a week is priced out of football at VP.. By the time youve paid £110 p/w rent on an an average terracced house £20 council tax £20 gas £10 leccy £30 snapin £10 water rates thats £200. By the hes put petrol in the car and had a couple of pints on a Sat night theres not much left.. Thats why when it was £12 there were over 12,000 in the ground.. I know it cant be £12 every week but these are just a few more Plain and simple facts.. NS this is reality for the average Joe public in these parts so the 5-6 k gates are what you need to get used to.. Thats not going to change anytime soon.. I dont think millionaires really understand what its like to struggle cash wise.. Or maybe they just forget . That is all

Personally I like Smurthwaite, he comes across as pretty straightforward and I can understand why he says a lot of the things he does.

More and more I get the feeling he's ended up in a situation at the Vale he never intended, he probably had the idea he'd be the financier for Paul Wildes' 'project' and he'd get his money back in a fairly short space of time, with interest, and then he'd be out of it. Obviously things have gone differently than whatever he originally planned and, whether it be through his own doings or not, he's been left holding the baby. I suspect if someone came along and said they'd buy the club but the price they offered was a couple of hundred grand less than Norman has put in he'd still sell. He's not a Vale fan (he could grow to be one though?:yes:) so why would he want to spend money subsidising a budget that cannot be financed by support through the gate and commercial revenue? I wouldn't want him to anyway, we have to accept that in order to exist in the long term the club has to be self financing; 'investment' can kick start improvements on the pitch which in turn generate increased crowds and other revenue streams but unless those increased streams materialise and are sustained the club - any club - isn't viable and finances have to be streamlined accordingly.

The brutal fact is that to get back to & stay in the Championship we need more home fans on a regular basis to finance a manager & players of good enough quality within the revenue levels we can achieve. It's very simple really but lots of us try and imagine ways around it but apart from a rich sugar daddy chairman I can't see another route, plus sugar daddies usually leave utter disaster behind them when they leave / die / get nicked, etc.

I like Norm and I'm grateful for what he has and is doing for us.

Not strictly true gate revenue is not everything. If six thousand five hundred had a good pint a great pie a good cup of tea. A shop where your wife can easily buy all your christmas presents and some of the kids because the product and service are great. If the building was used for tribute nights christmas parties birthdays dare I say it weddings. If the huge expanse of land around vale park held markets boot sales a la penkridge and bescott. If tommy cheadles was a club not a pub with membership entertainment entry for kids at night. Live band night sot has talent.

Smurfs only two commercial decisions have been the poorly stocked shop and the ticket debacle.. It was more simple perfect product in the shop the cafe s and upstairs

Here are a few more plain and simple facts.. I reckon an average bloke in the Potteries on an average wage of about £250 a week is priced out of football at VP.. By the time youve paid £110 p/w rent on an an average terracced house £20 council tax £20 gas £10 leccy £30 snapin £10 water rates thats £200. By the hes put petrol in the car and had a couple of pints on a Sat night theres not much left.. Thats why when it was £12 there were over 12,000 in the ground.. I know it cant be £12 every week but these are just a few more Plain and simple facts.. NS this is reality for the average Joe public in these parts so the 5-6 k gates are what you need to get used to.. Thats not going to change anytime soon.. I dont think millionaires really understand what its like to struggle cash wise.. Or maybe they just forget . That is all

Brilliant point very well made

Time is at least 4 to 5 years, most people only go to watch the football, there is no reason why the budget next season should not be adequate for mid-table, which most people will be happy with. After all this is Brentford`s 5th season after promotion from L2, steady progress gets results.

Not strictly true gate revenue is not everything.

I didn't say it was, if you read my post again you'll see I did reference other revenue streams as well. The sales of 'extras' you refer to is also an important source of income and, yes, things could have been better on that front but Rome wasn't built in a day and the overall situation now is a million miles better than it has been for years.

Those figures are just not average. Does the average bloke in stoke on trent live alone in rented accommodation and only have 50 quid disposable income? Is the average wage in stoje for full time work 12500 a year? Really? The reason so many turned up for the Burton match had more to do with a looming promotion wouldn't you say?

I think you too are a little out of touch with the average joe. The fact that wereskint agreed with you says it all. How could he as a multi millionaire (guessing based on his running of one of the biggest companies in the world) ever understand

Those figures are just not average. Does the average bloke in stoke on trent live alone in rented accommodation and only have 50 quid disposable income? Is the average wage in stoje for full time work 12500 a year? Really? The reason so many turned up for the Burton match had more to do with a looming promotion wouldn't you say?

I think you too are a little out of touch with the average joe. The fact that wereskint agreed with you says it all. How could he as a multi millionaire (guessing based on his running of one of the biggest companies in the world) ever understand

Wereskintand has never said he has millions if you think I have show me the quote. I have stated that I am in a job where I am responsible for delivering 40 million in my commercial area of expertise.

I understand as twenty years ago I lived in middleport in a terraced earned. 100 quid a week and paid out a lot of my money to support vale home and away had a few quid left for a few jars in mwmc the carter or the swan. I got lucky if you call working 70 hours a week under complete stress lucky. Some of my friends in burslem do indeed still have that income

Archived