onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Honesty the best policy

grebovale

Before SMURF came along we asked for honesty and we got nowt but lies.Now we have a chairman who is telling the truth how it his.yes it's painful to hear but a least we are getting the full picture of the finances of the club.he could have lied and told us all things are are rosy at PVFC .I personal thank SMURF been honest

Advert

Before SMURF came along we asked for honesty and we got nowt but lies.Now we have a chairman who is telling the truth how it his.yes it's painful to hear but a least we are getting the full picture of the finances of the club.he could have lied and told us all things are are rosy at PVFC .I personal thank SMURF been honest

I'm biting my lip.

This isn't a snipe a Smurf just more of an observation.

You say that he's telling us the truth. How can you know that? We might have thought that we were being told the truth by the last incumbents but now we know otherwise. I'm honestly not saying that Smurfy isn't telling the truth but you seem to be stating a fact that he is. I just wonder what you base that on?

So he bought a club he knew nothing about (despite being a Sunderland season ticket holder and Coventry's biggest fan), someone knitted him a scarf, built a shop, painted the loos and introduced a ticket system.

He's now basically saying he is investing no further and cutting the budget which will see our best players leave and the managers not being offered a contract because he might cry if he's tied down?.....is that the truth we're supposed to be happy about?

The playing budget is based on 60% of the gates, the forecast gate for next season will be less than this season. Therefore the playing budget will be less next season. That is not a lie, just a statement of the economics.

The budget will not change unless we are promoted where that restriction does not apply, we would have £2M extra in TV money, but even then we are not likely to spend more than £8M above income which is the Championship limit before fines apply.

So he bought a club he knew nothing about (despite being a Sunderland season ticket holder and Coventry's biggest fan), someone knitted him a scarf, built a shop, painted the loos and introduced a ticket system.

He's now basically saying he is investing no further and cutting the budget which will see our best players leave and the managers not being offered a contract because he might cry if he's tied down?.....is that the truth we're supposed to be happy about?

Just complying with Fair Play rules.

Honesty or not just take time to reflect where we would be without what NS has or has not done. As I posted on the meeting post any business that has just come out of administration has to have a 3-5 year recovery plan to re establish itself. Rome wasn't built in a season.
3 or more seasons in L1 is better than staying in L2, it is exciting close to the play-offs, I enjoy it game by game. Building a team over a few years is enjoyable too, miracles happen, but not very often, steady improvement usually gets there.

Archived