onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season Ticket Sales

X-Valiant

Advert

Benefits of telling a little white lie about season ticket sales:

1. The creditors won't get jumpy if they think cashflow will be OK for the summer.

2. People are more inclined to buy a popular product than an unpopular one. Such fibs are normal for anyone who has worked in a sales background.

3. People will conclude that Starve Em Out must have failed, so they decide to get one anyway while the prices are still cheap.

4. Nobody outside of the club is able to dispute the figure with any authority for a good few months

5. Maybe the hope is that that by early August the club will have already sold over 2,008 anyway so any claim now would be difficult to refute when the home games start again.

Any onewho belives this drivel must believe that you are real "SANTA"

If the 2008 sold is not gunine it will come out and play into the anti board camps hands, so why make the statement.

I think 2000 is about right.

Still short though, dont lets make up "THE FACTS" to suit your aggement.

Bill Bratt can confirm or deny all the hell he wants.

Truth is, hes a lying scummer.

After the MN deal fell through BB said that there was another consortium willing to invest a similar amount to MN but this would be up front.When i spoke to BB on the phone he claimed that he never said as such.Even though he said so on Radio Stoke,in the Sentinel and on BBC sport's web site.

I'm sure Matt Sandoz said he'd called Bill Bratt to verify and that Mick Cullerton was in the car with him when Bratt confirmed the sales figure.

I presume he meant cullerton was with sandoz when he called bratt, not bratt with cullerton?

If the 2008 sold is not gunine it will come out and play into the anti board camps hands, so why make the statement.

Since when did bratt and co deal in facts? They have constantly lied. We dont know for sure what the facts are, and I'll only believe the 2000 number when I see the accounts. What I do know, is to take what comes out of bratts mouth with a pinch of salt. The mans a proven liar.

LSLALBOWCO

1. I am The Real Santa.

2. If the 2008 is not gunine it cannot easily be refuted. Why make the statement? See my earlier post.

3. I am still short. Fair enough, can't argue with you on that one.

4. I haven't made up any "FACTS". My aggement was purely why I thought somebody might want to tell people the club had sold more tickets than they actually had. The club claim to have sold 2,008. I choose not to believe them.

Just spoke to Perry and he reckons his phone is red hot since the news of Micky leaving !!!

He said there will be a queue at the ticket office in the morning and is asking for staff to come in early.

We could go through the 5000 mark tomorrow ! lol

As George Dubya famously said "He who harbours a terrorist is a terrorist himself".

He didnt make much sense but that was one of his best. (Even Bratt made one decent comment -We've taken the club as far as we can)

People have responsibilities and bills to pay. They can't just walk away from a job because of their bosses.

People have responsibilities and bills to pay. They can't just walk away from a job because of their bosses.

I agree Chris and i think the good people will not be sacked WHEN we rid ourselves of this Board.......But i think the staff will be upgraded.

I know, I know - another season ticket sales thread.

Since the statement by Mr. L Zest at weekend regarding that the alleged 2008 season tickets that have been sold, you can well imagine that a lot of digging's been going on and lots of stones left unturned.

This morning, from an authoritative figure in regards to Port Vale told us that just over 500 season tickets have been sold.

Again, an open offer to the club from me, I would like th eopportunity, as a fan and a shareholder, the opportunity to run a report from the CRM system in place at Vale Park.

One the eight most popular shenanigans in financial statement fraud is to overstate income by inventing sales and overstating debtors. Of course the wheels always come off eventually but in the meantime unjustified investment can be sucked in and assets to pay creditors can be syphoned off before the fraudsters are challenged and the company goes belly up. For example, Fred's Fitness Suite sends out application forms to exisiting and new members. In the accounts these are all booked as sales and the contra entry is debtors. That will be good enough to fend off the wolves from challenging liquidity for a few weeks.

I would be very surprised indeed if the board and chief executive are doing this, but of course there is scope to sell season tickets to a company owned by a director or friend to generate a debtor or income stream that appears credible and then sell them back later making the whole creative accounting VAT neutral. As I say, I would be very surprised. ===

One the eight most popular shenanigans in financial statement fraud is to overstate income by inventing sales and overstating debtors. Of course the wheels always come off eventually but in the meantime unjustified investment can be sucked in and assets to pay creditors can be syphoned off before the fraudsters are challenged and the company goes belly up. For example, Fred's Fitness Suite sends out application forms to exisiting and new members. In the accounts these are all booked as sales and the contra entry is debtors. That will be good enough to fend off the wolves from challenging liquidity for a few weeks.

I would be very surprised indeed if the board and chief executive are doing this, but of course there is scope to sell season tickets to a company owned by a director or friend to generate a debtor or income stream that appears credible and then sell them back later making the whole creative accounting VAT neutral. As I say, I would be very surprised. ===

What would surprise you? I wouldn't be surprised at all IF the scenario you describe turns out to be true!

Archived