onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crawley Town 0 - Vale 3

Caz or caz123

Perfect away display. Tight at the back, clinical in front of goal. Perhaps gave them a bit too much possession but it was all around the halfway line to be honest.

Standouts for me were the full backs, Loft in the middle and the two front lads worked hard, ran the channels and gave us a threat.

Big mentioned for Hugill on his debut. A goal away from a perfect start but couldn't have been asked to do much more than he did.

The manager also got it spot on with a brave selection so credit to Adams.

Advert

Great result but what's with this "keep the same team Saturday" attitude. It annoys the hell out of me! Micky should play the side he thinks is best suited to do a job on Gills. That isn't necessarily the same side that won convincingly tonight is it...

Everytime we win a game... keep the same side next game is all we hear. It has nothing to do with the next match which is played against a completely different side on a completely different day in a completely different location.

Chuffed to bits with tonights result. UTV

Cant argue with that

Sounds great.

Thanks for the reports.

Pleased for the 200+ followers - a long way to go.

(I too would consider playing a winger on Saturday to give us more threat. Might sound daft changing a winning team but we are at home and need a pacey wide man (or two) at the Park.

Chuffed to bits with the scoreline tonight!

Cheers for the report mate. Sounded a cracking game. Hats off to you for making that trip!!

To be fair I have a friend down in Coldean who I worked with in the winter and I'm staying at hers tonight so it's a case of two birds with one stone.

Hats off to all the fans, there weren't many (maybe 170 or 180?) but we were in good voice, obvious to say I guess! :)

So much better than Saturday in every way - the performance, the result and,above all, the behaviour of the fans. They gave the lads full support and throughout - no stupidity, no chucking stuff on the pitch, no arguing with the stewards, no chucking beer around and behaving like ****, just 100% support. An all round great night.

A good win... and a good result that didnt come from a fluke, rub of the green, last minute rush, bad ref, OG or the opposition being struck down with leprosy.. Played for, worked for and won.

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus.... we turned up, we played, we won.

well done.

On the ref (no idea who he was) I thought he was good. Normally they are an easy target for fans and only get a mention when fans are annoyed. Credit to him too.

Funny game football, last week I hoped for a win at struggling Sheffield, and snatch a draw at in form (7 games unbeaten, scored every game etc) Crawley. Luckily I do not bet and I never won on the pools. Still going for a win on Saturday, hard to break the habit.

I don't think we will play much better for 45 minutes than we did in the first half, everything we did was pretty much outstanding and although we still played direct ball at times the running of Hughill (who really surprised me with his pace and mobility) and especially Williamson (my MOTM) who was outstanding and fully deserved his goal.

The midfield was great and the defence never really troubled, thought the partnership of Roberston and Chilvers looked very accomplished despite all the doubts people had about the latter. Dickinson was also great first half, totally snuffed out their danger man Adams.

The first goal was a howler from a defensive point of view, the second owed a lot to Hughill and the third was a good run and strike from Ben.

Full credit to Micky as well, I doubted whether it was right to start Hughill from the reports from Gateshead but it was a master stroke to have two such mobile forwards even though he did look knackered when he came off.

Today is the day we should ALL be very proud to be Vale fans :)

I'm off to find my toes as they seem to have frozen off!

It was 16c. Very mild.

So chuffed with tonight! A great performance. Top marks for anyone who travelled down from stoke. It was quite a nice one for me as I'm only in Woking!

Lines, loft, willo, hugill were fantastic. Dodds took his goal well. Well played Mr Adams.

Really looking forward to Saturday now! You can't change a winning team!

Terrific performances across the team tonight. Can't think of a single player who even slipped back to average.

Among the stand-outs were Dickenson, whose positional play was outstanding, Williamson, ran himself into the ground and a great goal scored, Hugill, who looks very promising and made Loft's goal with an outstanding pass, and Loft, who continues to improve and is a fine all-round player and captain. But really, unfair to single anyone out, credit to each and every one.

Archived