onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crawley Town 0 - Vale 3

Caz or caz123

Advert

Nice on lads!! Same again on Saturday please :yes:

I don't think we will play much better for 45 minutes than we did in the first half, everything we did was pretty much outstanding and although we still played direct ball at times the running of Hughill (who really surprised me with his pace and mobility) and especially Williamson (my MOTM) who was outstanding and fully deserved his goal.

The midfield was great and the defence never really troubled, thought the partnership of Roberston and Chilvers looked very accomplished despite all the doubts people had about the latter. Dickinson was also great first half, totally snuffed out their danger man Adams.

The first goal was a howler from a defensive point of view, the second owed a lot to Hughill and the third was a good run and strike from Ben.

Full credit to Micky as well, I doubted whether it was right to start Hughill from the reports from Gateshead but it was a master stroke to have two such mobile forwards even though he did look knackered when he came off.

Today is the day we should ALL be very proud to be Vale fans :)

I'm off to find my toes as they seem to have frozen off!

Great result but what's with this "keep the same team Saturday" attitude. It annoys the hell out of me! Micky should play the side he thinks is best suited to do a job on Gills. That isn't necessarily the same side that won convincingly tonight is it...

Everytime we win a game... keep the same side next game is all we hear. It has nothing to do with the next match which is played against a completely different side on a completely different day in a completely different location.

Chuffed to bits with tonights result. UTV

Got slated for saying Williamson and Dodds should come in, albeit before the Sheff game and when they finally come in, they both contribute with a goal each. Glad Hugill got a chance tonight as well and well done to the lad. Extremely happy with the clean sheet to go with the 3 goals. Overall, a good night to be a vale fan!

Brilliant brilliant result inspired by mickey

Lets now see if he has the Davina mcalls to stick with it on Saturday. Really hope so. We needed a change from pope and hughes it does not work. The last two months of last season were painful.

Let's hope Micky goes against his non youth policy strategy. We have some real talent in our academy lets give it a try. Well done mickey.

He clearly has the balls, he has kept the same side on most occasions this season after a decent win and generally it hasn't worked, you look at the opposition and decide how best to win the game and what 11 players give you the best chance of that.

It might be harsh but no-one is bigger than the club. What worked with a narrow midfield today because of a narrow pitch possibly won't be fit for purpose on Saturday when we need to get at the Gills from the outset and I would have JMW back in to offer width, it would be harsh on whoever makes way but football has long been a squad game and the squad will all have to earn their corn.

Anyway tonight is about our great win! :woy::woy::woy:

I don't think we will play much better for 45 minutes than we did in the first half, everything we did was pretty much outstanding and although we still played direct ball at times the running of Hughill (who really surprised me with his pace and mobility) and especially Williamson (my MOTM) who was outstanding and fully deserved his goal.

The midfield was great and the defence never really troubled, thought the partnership of Roberston and Chilvers looked very accomplished despite all the doubts people had about the latter. Dickinson was also great first half, totally snuffed out their danger man Adams.

The first goal was a howler from a defensive point of view, the second owed a lot to Hughill and the third was a good run and strike from Ben.

Full credit to Micky as well, I doubted whether it was right to start Hughill from the reports from Gateshead but it was a master stroke to have two such mobile forwards even though he did look knackered when he came off.

Although I never played football, I was a long distance runner, we always used to say if you can manage a sprint finish you hadn't put enough into the race. So Hugill should be knackered when he came off, as should the other 10.

Cheers for the report mate. Sounded a cracking game. Hats off to you for making that trip!!

A good win... and a good result that didnt come from a fluke, rub of the green, last minute rush, bad ref, OG or the opposition being struck down with leprosy.. Played for, worked for and won.

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus.... we turned up, we played, we won.

well done.

Archived