onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

FA hypocrites

jeff1966

Advert

WHOOSH!

Blimey you have missed the entire point of the story. In the analogy Hodgson was making the Monkey was the most intelligent form and therefore superior. It was actually a massive compliment!

A stupid and cowardly footballer or member of the coaching team, the rediculous media in this country and wallies that simply don't understand the entire story simply devalue really racial problems within the game such as our black England footballers have experienced in other countries, such as Suarez and Terry's stupidity recently and the racial chanting you here at games including the morons who have tagged themselves to our own club and sang stupidly towards the Bradford fans.

I was really glad there hadn't been a thread on this along these lines as I actually thought everyone understood it and it had been disregarded as irresponsible journalism.

WHOOSH!

Blimey you have missed the entire point of the story. In the analogy Hodgson was making the Monkey was the most intelligent form and therefore superior. It was actually a massive compliment!

A stupid and cowardly footballer or member of the coaching team, the rediculous media in this country and wallies that simply don't understand the entire story simply devalue really racial problems within the game such as our black England footballers have experienced in other countries, such as Suarez and Terry's stupidity recently and the racial chanting you here at games including the morons who have tagged themselves to our own club and sang stupidly towards the Bradford fans.

I was really glad there hadn't been a thread on this along these lines as I actually thought everyone understood it and it had been disregarded as irresponsible journalism.

Shock,horror REP manages to yet again have a sly dig at fellow Vale fan's.

What appals me about this whole affair is that our media have made a huge song and dance about this incident yet none of them, with the notable exception of the Guardian, has paid any attention to the dreadful working conditions in Qatar for the workers who are building the World Cup infrastructure of 2022. They are literally dying in their hundreds due to dangerous working conditions and seriously unhealthy living conditions. Yet our media is more interested in misinterpreting a joke told by Hodgson at half-time. I despair at times. The "monkey" joke is not the newsworthy World Cup story - the deaths in Qatar are. Why are they ignoring it?

Yeah, cos when i look at Woy i often think of Nick Griffin.

No surprise that The Sun broke this story. What with 'Arry writing for them and all.

I'm also of the opinion that it wasn't a current member of the England squad who informed the papers, but a former England player who was told about what was said by one of his club team mates. Coincidentally, he shares his first name with the city where England will be staying for the World Cup next year.

What appals me about this whole affair is that our media have made a huge song and dance about this incident yet none of them, with the notable exception of the Guardian, has paid any attention to the dreadful working conditions in Qatar for the workers who are building the World Cup infrastructure of 2022. They are literally dying in their hundreds due to dangerous working conditions and seriously unhealthy living conditions. Yet our media is more interested in misinterpreting a joke told by Hodgson at half-time. I despair at times. The "monkey" joke is not the newsworthy World Cup story - the deaths in Qatar are. Why are they ignoring it?

None of them has paid any attention? Sorry Jean, but this issue got widespread coverage - you can't just attribute widespread and justifiable concerns to the Guardian.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/sepp-blatter-washes-hands-of-workers-plight-at-2022-qatar-world-cup-8858946.html?origin=internalSearch

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446204/Patrick-Collins--Sepp-Blatter-allowed-shrug-victims-2022-Qatar-World-Cup.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qatar-chiefs-appalled-world-cup-2305450

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/qatar/10335288/Migrant-labourers-enslaved-in-Qatar.html

Patrick Collins in the Mail is particularly, and rightly so, scathing about Blatter and his cronies at FIFA.

Archived